Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2021, 11:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Lamborghini donates its 640 BHP Huracan Evo as a 'follow me' car to Italy's Bologna airport

Lamborghini has announced that it has donated a Huracan Evo supercar to the Bologna airport, to be used as a 'follow me' car.

Lamborghini donates its 640 BHP Huracan Evo as a 'follow me' car to Italy's Bologna airport-lambohuracanevofollowme31.jpg

The Huracan Evo supercar has been provided as part of the renewed partnership between the airport and the carmaker, whose Sant'Agate Bolognese headquarters is located just 16 miles away.

Lamborghini donates its 640 BHP Huracan Evo as a 'follow me' car to Italy's Bologna airport-lambohuracanevofollowme41.jpg

The Huracan Evo 'follow me' car features a special livery, finished by the Lamborghini Centro Stile design department. The supercar comes finished in Verde Turbine Matte Green with chequered Arancione Matte Orange graphics; in line with the other ground support vehicles at the airport. There is also a "Follow Me in our beautiful country", message all around the car.

Lamborghini donates its 640 BHP Huracan Evo as a 'follow me' car to Italy's Bologna airport-lambohuracanevofollowme11.jpg

In terms of safety, the Lamborghini Huracan Evo 'follow me' car comes fitted with warning lights and a radio to communicate with the airport's control tower.

Lamborghini donates its 640 BHP Huracan Evo as a 'follow me' car to Italy's Bologna airport-lambohuracanevofollowme51.jpg

The Lamborghini Huracan Evo 'follow me' car continues to be powered by the same 5.2-litre naturally-aspirated V10 producing 640 BHP at 8,000 rpm and 600 Nm at 6,500 rpm. It is paired with 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission, sending power to all four wheels. The supercar is capable of sprinting from 0 - 100 km/h in 2.9 seconds while having a top speed of 325 km/h.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 28th June 2021 at 11:52.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 14:30   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Lamborghini donates its 640 BHP Huracan Evo as a 'follow me' car to Italy's Bologna airport

I guess due to it being the Lambos "home", they keep doing it.

Here are some of the previous cars (wonder what happens to them at the end of their term) -

And when they aren't using Lambos, they rely on Jeep Renegade (Fiat 500 underpinngs)

Lamborghini donates its 640 BHP Huracan Evo as a 'follow me' car to Italy's Bologna airport-20210628_095827.jpg
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 18:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lamborghini donates its 640 BHP Huracan Evo as a 'follow me' car to Italy's Bologna airport

What a sweet combination - Lamborghini and a runway !

I bet the guys 'operating' the Lambos will be having a blast in their free time on the runways. Although it is a waste to have 'follow me' cars in this age of guided taxiways, this is obviously an exercise for the brand and nonetheless a good one to flaunt it's products in it's own home turf.

Just hope that the pilot of the plane and the Lambo operator don't develop egos over who has the fastest ride
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 20:28   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

This is of course the Italian style / form over function to the max. It is all about looking good, not about what is practical.

And of course a Lamborghini Huracan is about as useless as a follow me car as it comes. Taxi speeds rarely exceed 40 km / hours. In fact, near the terminal building speeds are even less.

And you want the follow me car to be BIG and VISIBLE, so bright YELLOW.
Having good rear visibility is pretty relevant too!

But I can only imagine the smile on the face of the guy who got the keys to the Huracan. I am sure he upgraded their sunglasses immediately to something much more classy, so they look cool in their Lamborghini.

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks