Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2022, 10:44   #16
BHPian

Re: Spy Pics: Next-Gen Mercedes-Benz GLC

Does anyone have any insights on how soon or late we'll be getting this onto our shores? In the process of getting a GLC 220D 4MATIC. So, want to see if it's worth the wait.
Old 19th September 2022, 20:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post
Does anyone have any insights on how soon or late we'll be getting this onto our shores? In the process of getting a GLC 220D 4MATIC. So, want to see if it's worth the wait.
Did a bit more digging and the findings are not very heartwarming. Found this video of an Australian bloke reviewing the new version in Spain.

He mentions that Mercedes is all set to give a step motherly treatment to the right hand drive countries (not his words) and will likely launch only one model (Petrol) initially and then the other models will follow. As per the updates on the various websites and vlogs, the launch date is likely to be March, 2023 which means the entire range will come to our shores only after Sep, 2023 or even later (my speculation). Given that it's their largest moving SUV globally, there will likely be a decent waiting period.

I have concluded that it's not really worth waiting for something for that long and I should probably go ahead with my purchase.

Please let me know if my calculations are way off!
bordeaux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 21:22   #18
BHPian

Eagerly waiting for what the GLC coupe would look like. No official information yet.
Old 19th September 2022, 21:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordeaux View Post

I have concluded that it's not really worth waiting for something for that long and I should probably go ahead with my purchase.

Please let me know if my calculations are way off!
Few more points to consider-

The current GLC already seems to be ~75-80L OTR, if the new one gets launched its going to be even more expensive (seeing how C-class was increased) ).

Earlier, when a new car was going to be launched, the outgoing model used to be sold at a discount. But considering the current "seller market", i doubt the price would go down for outgoing model.

So considering both and if you not waiting for the change in interior, then no point waiting. Infact production might be at full swing now and you might get the colour of your choice too than when they are slowing down the production.

Just my thoughts..
vinay.sathyan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 21:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.sathyan View Post
Few more points to consider-

The current GLC already seems to be ~75-80L OTR, if the new one gets launched its going to be even more expensive (seeing how C-class was increased) ).

Earlier, when a new car was going to be launched, the outgoing model used to be sold at a discount. But considering the current "seller market", i doubt the price would go down for outgoing model.

So considering both and if you not waiting for the change in interior, then no point waiting. Infact production might be at full swing now and you might get the colour of your choice too than when they are slowing down the production.

Just my thoughts..
Absolutely spot on. In the current car market (which may prevail for sometime), the discount on the outgoing model is basically that they are letting you have the old car at the prevailing price. Given the kind of radical change there is in the incoming GLC plus the mild hybrid powertrains, I am expecting at least 10L premium in the ex showroom price. It's not a legit thing to expect but in the current scenario, I think it's quite worth it. The problem is I am not comfortable waiting for another year to get my hands on the new thing. Thanks for weighing in.
bordeaux is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 11:09   #21
BHPian

Official bookings now open in India. Tentative delivery date: late-July/ Early August, 2023.
Attached Thumbnails
Spy Pics: Next-Gen Mercedes-Benz GLC-a411b3561f144d9d9b7ba6c2addc81b6.jpeg  

himanshu_j is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 13:28   #22
BHPian

Any info on the prices and model's available? meaning only petrol/diesel or PHEV as well..?
Old 8th May 2023, 14:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.sathyan View Post
Any info on the prices and model's available? meaning only petrol/diesel or PHEV as well..?
Little info available. SA is sure about a petrol offering initially and more likely in the 200 guise and than the 300. Let's hope the 4MATIC is retained by MB India. No info on the PHEV.

Pricing expected at 70-75L ex-showroom.

Mod Note: Our Mercedes GLC SUV Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 8th August 2023 at 11:41. Reason: Link to Review added
himanshu_j is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks