Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2022, 12:08   #1
Senior - BHPian

Thailand: Limited-edition Toyota Fortuner Commander unveiled

Toyota has unveiled a limited edition version of the Fortuner in Thailand, called the Commander. The new special edition Toyota Fortuner Commander will be limited to just 1000 units and comes with a number of cosmetic updates, both inside and out.

Name:  toyotafortunercommander1.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  91.5 KB

In terms of exterior design tweaks, Toyota has blacked out all the silver and chrome elements all around the SUV, including the front grille, front skid plates and around the rear tail lights. The SUV borrows its alloy wheels from the Fortuner Legender variant and also comes with a contrasting black roof.

Inside, the Toyota Fortuner Commander gets a dual-tone red & black leather upholstery, along with new features such as a 360-degree camera, cross-traffic alert and a blind-spot monitoring system.

Name:  toyotafortunercommander2.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  75.5 KB

The limited-edition version of the SUV remains unchanged mechanically, carrying forward the same 2.4-litre diesel engine producing 150 BHP and paired with a 6-speed automatic gearbox. However, Toyota is said to have re-tuned the suspension setup on the Commander model, offering better ride quality.

Link to Team-BHP news
RahulNagaraj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 13:04   #2
BHPian

Re: Thailand: Limited-edition Toyota Fortuner Commander unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
The limited-edition version of the SUV remains unchanged mechanically, carrying forward the same 2.4-litre diesel engine producing 150 BHP and paired with a 6-speed automatic gearbox. However, Toyota is said to have re-tuned the suspension setup on the Commander model, offering better ride quality.
I always thought the 2.8L diesel was common internationally and hence this came as a surprise. Won't the 150 BHP 2.4L engine feel sluggish in a mammoth like Fortuner? (I'm assuming the engine is the same as the Innova Crysta's sold here.)

Last edited by @og_adi : 9th February 2022 at 13:06.
Old 9th February 2022, 14:11   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @og_adi View Post
I always thought the 2.8L diesel was common internationally and hence this came as a surprise. Won't the 150 BHP 2.4L engine feel sluggish in a mammoth like Fortuner? (I'm assuming the engine is the same as the Innova Crysta's sold here.)
Indonesia just got the 2.8L Fortuner this month! The 2.4L in the Fortuner has the same 150 BHP as the Innova but torque is higher at 400Nm (compared to Innova's 343-360Nm)
CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 14:53   #4
BHPian

The only thing this commander will command is a hefty price tag!
Old 9th February 2022, 15:15   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @og_adi View Post
Well, in some countries they sold the 2nd gen Fortuner initially with the old 3.0l KD series engine. Vietnam or Lao I believe, remember reading it in the forum itself. And I believe they are still selling the Fortuner with old non-crdi engines in some African nations and for the NGOs. Sub 100bhp Fortuner anyone? Though those engines would run on any kind of grease/oil if needed, unlike senseitive crdi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Indonesia just got the 2.8L Fortuner this month! The 2.4L in the Fortuner has the same 150 BHP as the Innova but torque is higher at 400Nm (compared to Innova's 343-360Nm)
Also most other ASEAN countries had only the 2.4l initially. Tax benefits?

And the 400nm comes with the 6 speed manual tranmission, unlike the old 5 speeder that we still get in India.
DicKy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 23:26   #6
BHPian

This seems to have 360-degree camera, surprisingly it is not even listed as an accessory in the Indian version.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks