Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2007, 13:56   #1

Audi R8 Tdi

A R8 Tdi coming in 2009?

cheers:
Old 6th June 2007, 15:57   #2
BHPian

As far as cutting-edge diesel technology goes, Audi’s one of the best in the business. R10 TDI in the Le Mans is the best example. Lets get ready for diesel exotics.
Old 6th June 2007, 17:20   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Of course a diesel engine has its benefits. More torque, driveability, durability and economy. Several high-end luxury car buyers (S-Class, 7 series etc.) choose the diesel over the petrol.

Buttttttttttttttttttttt a sports car that cant high-revv? Or doesnt have that nice throaty exhaust sound?
Old 15th January 2008, 04:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

And its here!!!

Quote:
Today Audi brought some more of its Le Mans-conquering technology to the street in the form of the new R8 V-12 TDI. The R8 V12 TDI is a concept that melds the 6.0L V-12 diesel from last years Q7 concept with the award winning R8 sports car. The concept engine shares a cylinder count with the race-winning R10, but it's actually a completely new engine with a 60-degree bank angle instead of the 90 degrees used on the race engine. While the 500 hp is only par for the course in its class, the 738 lb-ft of torque is enough to shred all four tires with ease. While the R8 V12 TDI storms to 62mph in 4.2 seconds and maxes out at 186mph, it also manages to get 23 MPG. The combination of a 29,000-psi direct-inject fuel injection system, particulate filters and urea injection allows this beast to pass 2014 EuroVI emissions standards, too. Check out our live high-res images of the R8 V12 TDI in the gallery below. These are our best shots from the show so far, so enjoy!
More pictures here - Autoblog

Source - Detroit 2008: Audi unleashes its diesel monster, the R8 V12 TDI - Autoblog

Last edited by khanak : 15th January 2008 at 04:45.
Old 15th January 2008, 08:07   #5
Team-BHP Support

This month ACI has spu-pics of Audi TT diesel coming to India.

So, this may come to India soon as well.
Old 15th January 2008, 08:49   #6
BHPian

This is a dream come true. A 500 bhp V12 TDi with 23 mpg and a 0-60 time of 4.2 sec. Man I'm loving it!
It's actually quicker than it's gasoline counterpart, although that one has a smaller engine.
Old 15th January 2008, 21:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

This will be one big hit once its introduced. 23mpg isn't bad at all,and with the power the R8 has,it'll take the cake from others in its class.
Old 13th February 2008, 23:25   #8
BHPian

cant believe they have actually come up with a supercar that is economical. as far as diesel engines are considered audi way on top of the others.
Old 14th February 2008, 01:01   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
This will be one big hit once its introduced. 23mpg isn't bad at all,and with the power the R8 has,it'll take the cake from others in its class.
The Diesel R8 takes the idea of a practical supercar to a whole new level eh?
Old 14th February 2008, 01:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

I'm wondering what mother of a traction control system this car will have. And just how much you will have to spend on clutches and tyres! And driveshafts and gearboxes and axles!

Quote:
I'm going to stick my neck out and disagree. If I had the money (IF!!!), I would rather spend it on something revvy and shrieky, even if it did 5 mph less or took 0.2 seconds more to 60 mph. And I think a whole host of supercar buyers would do the same.

Nonetheless, this is an amazing engineering feat.
Old 14th February 2008, 02:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
I'm going to stick my neck out and disagree. If I had the money (IF!!!), I would rather spend it on something revvy and shrieky, even if it did 5 mph less or took 0.2 seconds more to 60 mph. And I think a whole host of supercar buyers would do the same.
By all means..do stick out whatever you choose....
Just kidding..
Word has it that the diesel version is going to be quite a hit in the US. Lots of people looking at diesel/biofuel cars,and if it means standing out in the crowd,there are quite a few to do that. For example,there are quite a few rich people,especially a bunch of Europeans,who'd love to get the Tdi.I know 2 of them personally,and this is what they told me.
Old 14th February 2008, 02:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By all means..do stick out whatever you choose....
Shush, this is a public forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin
Word has it that the diesel version is going to be quite a hit in the US. Lots of people looking at diesel/biofuel cars,and if it means standing out in the crowd,there are quite a few to do that. For example,there are quite a few rich people,especially a bunch of Europeans,who'd love to get the Tdi.I know 2 of them personally,and this is what they told me.
I'm not rich, or European. When I do become rich, and not European, I'll just blend in with the other high-revving, high-powered petrol lovers, thank you very much.
Old 14th February 2008, 02:22   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Shush, this is a public forum!

I'm not rich, or European. When I do become rich, and not European, I'll just blend in with the other high-revving, high-powered petrol lovers, thank you very much.
oops..my bad!

Same with me. Far from being both!
The guy I spoke to,said that 6 of his friends (ahem..all European) have their eyes set on the Tdi.
Hmm..all I could do is hope that some day I'll get to see those beauties parked on their driveways...
Old 14th February 2008, 10:55   #14
BHPian

WOW. I love it. I have been promoting diesel for a long time and finally all manufacturers are taking it seriously.

This R8 will burn the road. Now if someone would buy me the car ? Just Joking.

Actually 23 MPG is quiet bad, it could be better.
Old 25th February 2008, 10:35   #15
Senior - BHPian

[quote=ishotmydog;721950]cant believe they have actually come up with a supercar that is economical. as far as diesel engines are considered audi way on top of the others.

Couldn't agree more on that statement

Audi diesels are another league.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks