Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2022, 12:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

2023 Honda HR-V crossover unveiled; US launch scheduled in coming months

Honda has unveiled the 2nd-generation HR-V crossover in the USA. The all-new Honda HR-V SUV is based on the same platform as its 11th-generation Civic sedan, giving it a longer wheelbase and a wider stance compared to its predecessor.

2023 Honda HR-V crossover unveiled; US launch scheduled in coming months-2023hondahrv1.jpg

In terms of design, the 2023 Honda HR-V comes with a bold new front grille flanked on either side by sleek LED headlamps with integrated turn indicators & LED daytime running lights. The SUV has a long bonnet at the front, large newly-designed alloy wheels, a sloping roofline and wraparound LED taillights at the rear. There is also a tailgate-mounted spoiler, which adds to the sporty characteristics of the SUV.

2023 Honda HR-V crossover unveiled; US launch scheduled in coming months-2023hondahrv2.jpg

Honda hasn't revealed the interiors of the 2023 HR-V yet but is expected to do so in the coming months. Even the specifications of the powertrain are yet to be announced, although Honda has mentioned the use of a more responsive engine. The 2023 HR-V also comes with an independent rear suspension.

2023 Honda HR-V crossover unveiled; US launch scheduled in coming months-2023hondahrv3.jpg

The new HR-V will go on sale in the USA in the coming months. It could also be introduced in other markets at a later stage.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 5th April 2022 at 12:38.
RahulNagaraj is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 13:10   #2
BHPian

Re: 2023 Honda HR-V crossover unveiled; US launch scheduled in coming months

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
Honda has unveiled the 2nd-generation HR-V crossover in the USA. The all-new Honda HR-V SUV is based on the same platform as its 11th-generation Civic sedan, giving it a longer wheelbase and a wider stance compared to its predecessor.

Attachment 2292422
Is there anyone else here, apart from me, who thinks that this design is very very "INSPIRED" one from Lamborghini Urus? At least the front end.
I have not seen Honda doing it earlier.
At first glance, I seriously thought this to be some Chinese knock-off of the mighty SUV.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 13:18   #3
BHPian

Like the design. Looks so un-Honda like though. We always try to see where we have seen the front or the rear before. Looks little Hyundai/Mazda for me. Really like the stance in the last picture.
PreludeSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 13:20   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

More on the Civic-based HR-V for USA in the below link:

Link (New Honda Civic-based SUV in the works; debut in end-2022)
Old 5th April 2022, 15:27   #5
BHPian

Does anyone else think it looks like a modern day iteration of the original Subaru Forester?
2023 Honda HR-V crossover unveiled; US launch scheduled in coming months-subaru_forester_front_20071022.jpg
Old 5th April 2022, 15:45   #6
BANNED

That's quite different from the UK and EU spec HR-V, that was also launched recently.

I wonder, which one we will get, if any?

SNA411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 17:35   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNA411 View Post
Don’t worry, we won’t get it. Honda India is like Ford India, they will evaluate forever to bring a model and by that time everyone else would have come with competitors and then they will shut the shop. Ford waited eternally to bring a upgrade to Ecosport, meanwhile Hyundai brought Creta, Kia the Seltos and the rest as they say is history. Ford created the small CSUV segment and then waited forever. There is a proverb saying “If you don’t sit where you ought to be, a dog will sit in your place”. Honda India won’t survive in India, they are on their way out, its just a matter of time.

NB: no disrespect to dogs at all.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 20:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's quite different from the UK and EU spec HR-V, that was also launched recently.
They'll get this one too but under a different name.

Quote:
Likely neither, unless they get the European one as an interim halo CBU like the VW T-Roc. There's no news about Honda's next launch for India after the City Hybrid. Given that Africa has started getting the BR-V from Indonesia (historically they've got Indian Hondas) despite the new BR-V sharing so much with the Amaze, I don't think Honda has plans to produce the new BR-V in India even under a different name. So it's possible that the 'Elevate' trademark they registered in India is for the RS concept thing they teased last year. If at all they stay, that is.
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks