Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2022, 12:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

2023 BMW 4 Series facelift is rumoured to lose its giant grille

BMW is said to be working on an LCI version of the 4 Series. The BMW 4 Series facelift is expected to debut sometime next year. Now, ahead of its unveiling, rumours are doing the rounds stating that the carmaker could ditch the giant radiator grille for a more sober one.

2023 BMW 4 Series facelift is rumoured to lose its giant grille-2023bmw4serieslcirender.png

According to media reports, the rumours state that the oversized grille could be replaced with something much sleeker on the 4 Series facelift. However, these are just rumours at this stage, with no confirmation yet as to whether BMW will actually revert to a compact grille on the 4 Series facelift.

Reports also suggest that the smaller grille will be for the standard 4 Series facelift models only, while the range-topping M4 will continue to feature the massive kidney grille as the current model.

Source: Spyder7

Link to Team-BHP news
RahulNagaraj is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 14:19   #2
BHPian

Re: 2023 BMW 4 Series facelift is rumoured to lose its giant grille

That is what should have been done in the start itself, this is a huge relief the beautiful 4 series would look much better with the sleeker grille.
I sincerely hope they do the same for the M4 too as that beast would look good with the sleek grille.
W16rocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 15:11   #3
BHPian

This is exactly how it should look - sleek, fast and sexy! BMW should realise that purists will keep loving their cars no matter what because they are actually very good but that big grille takes away the attention from those finer things. A mistake rectified in time is forgotten with time, they make nice looking and great driving vehicles and focus should go on just that! If this happens this will be a good thing, reason why 3 and 5 series are so much loved.
Old 30th May 2022, 15:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

Good riddance. That kidney grill looked hideous. Not sure who designed or approved that. Thankfully better sense prevailed and things should look better now.
Old 30th May 2022, 15:25   #5
BHPian

This source states that not all models will lose the giant grille.
Quote:
The Japanese publication does continue to note that the M4 (and M3) models will retain the giant grille no matter what.
So I guess this means that the non-M versions will be the only ones without the giant grilles?

Either way, glad to see some hope that not all future BMWs will have BBQs on the front.
Old 30th May 2022, 17:11   #6
BHPian

The compulsion to retain the iconic kidney grille is severely limiting the creativity of BMW designers, IMO. If only that was not the case, the 7 series facia would not have become a laughing stock; which I'm sure is turning away a lot of potential buyers. Fortunately, the ones who could afford the 7 series are marginal and I sure hope BMW won't take the suicidal grille design to the entry level models.

Take a bold step, ditch the grille for something more creative and come out with stunning creations.
ganeshsp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 17:28   #7

Ah such great news, the massive kidney grills should've never reached the production model stage. Nonetheless, it's good to hear that there's a high chance of it getting changed. The above picture looks great and resembles the F8X Bimmer a lot.

Last edited by GTO : 30th May 2022 at 21:00. Reason: Please type your posts out perfectly (spellings, capitalization, punctuation etc.)
blacklisted666 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st June 2022, 09:04   #8
BHPian

BMW was always known for its understated, non offending designs from the very beginning.
Enlargening the grill in the newest 4 series, 7 series and other models was the worst decision ever.

An image of all time beautiful model in the BMW history
Name:  428FB210CD0040489C5D25B0482A2F1D.jpeg
Views: 2342
Size:  27.2 KB
Source : google

I really hope the grill comes back to normal size for future BMWs
Vasanth is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 10:48   #9
BHPian

I think I am the only one who liked the new grille, especially on the i4. It has kind of grown on me. I still hate the XM concept and the new 7 series though. But I don't mind switching back to the older, more proportionate grille. It looks better any day.
Old 1st June 2022, 18:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Even Team BHP resorting to clickbait now?

2023 BMW 4 Series facelift is rumoured to lose its giant grille-untitled.png

Come on. You're better than this...
pranavt is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks