Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

First-ever BMW M3 Touring unveiled; Performance Estate with 503 BHP & 280 km/h top speed

BMW has unveiled their first-ever M3 Touring.

First-ever BMW M3 Touring unveiled; Performance Estate with 503 BHP & 280 km/h top speed-2023bmwm3touring2.jpg

In terms of design, the new performance estate from BMW follows the footsteps of its M3 & M4 sedan siblings. The M3 Touring features the massive kidney grille up front, along with the aerodynamic ORVMs and the sporty quad tailpipes. BMW has updated the suspension setup on the M3 Touring, while offering 19-inch wheels at the front and 20-inch wheels at the back. The M3 Touring is also much wider, heavier and lower compared to the standard 3 Series Wagon.

First-ever BMW M3 Touring unveiled; Performance Estate with 503 BHP & 280 km/h top speed-2023bmwm3touring1.jpg

Inside, the performance estate gets a curved display integrating the 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and a 14.9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with the latest iDrive OS and plenty of connected features and technology. The M3 Touring also comes with a sports steering wheel, leather-wrapped seat upholstery and plenty of other M-specific features and equipment.

First-ever BMW M3 Touring unveiled; Performance Estate with 503 BHP & 280 km/h top speed-2023bmwm3touring4.jpg

Powering the 2023 BMW M3 Touring is a 3.0-litre twin-turbo six-cylinder engine based on the M3 Competition. It produces 503 BHP and 650 Nm and is paired with a standard 8-speed automatic transmission. Power is sent to all four wheels via BMW's xDrive. The BMW M3 Touring is said to be capable of sprinting from 0 - 100 km/h in 3.6 seconds, while reaching a top speed of 280 km/h (with the M Driver's package). The M3 Touring also recently lapped the Nurburgring Nordschleife in 7:35.060 - setting a new record for estates.

First-ever BMW M3 Touring unveiled; Performance Estate with 503 BHP & 280 km/h top speed-2023bmwm3touring3.jpg

The 2023 BMW M3 Touring will go on sale in European markets sometime in September this year, with deliveries expected in November. It is also expected to debut in other international markets sometime next year. Prices for the M3 Touring are said to start at 97,800 euros.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 22nd June 2022 at 11:17.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: First-ever BMW M3 Touring unveiled; Performance Estate with 503 BHP & 280 km/h top speed

BMW M3 Touring official video

First look and walkaround

Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 11:42   #3
BHPian

Re: First-ever BMW M3 Touring unveiled; Performance Estate with 503 BHP & 280 km/h top speed

Say hi to my new poster car

I love estates. And I'm pretty sure it will not make it to India. And that new grill has started to grow on me just like the new RC390's polarising design.
saikishor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 10:04   #4
BHPian

Thanks for sharing. This thing is a monster.
Why oh why has BMW changed to this ugly grill.

Old 23rd June 2022, 15:24   #5
BHPian

Performance estates are a brilliant segment, with power and utility to match near sedan type handling. Call me crazy but that grille actually does suit the estate body style.
Old 23rd June 2022, 18:20   #6
BHPian

Who exactly is supposed to "tour" in this car? I know it's all branding and means nothing, but still. The kind of person who will buy this car probably would prefer something less hard and rigid to travel distances in, and probably already owns something to that end. Those seeking to drive enthusiastically would probably want something smaller and lighter. Even long distance drivers who favour a grand touring approach would probably look more keenly at a 2 seater grand tourer. For this car to make sense you have to have a full family with kids or older parents that you travel with, but at the same you are psychopathic enough to have them endure discomfort and nausea from the acceleration and hardness of your car. I know I'm being overly reductive but still this kind of car makes very little sense to me.
karanddd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 17:17   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanddd View Post
Who exactly is supposed to "tour" in this car? I know it's all branding and means nothing, but still. The kind of person who will buy this car probably would prefer something less hard and rigid to travel distances in, and probably already owns something to that end. Those seeking to drive enthusiastically would probably want something smaller and lighter. Even long distance drivers who favour a grand touring approach would probably look more keenly at a 2 seater grand tourer. For this car to make sense you have to have a full family with kids or older parents that you travel with, but at the same you are psychopathic enough to have them endure discomfort and nausea from the acceleration and hardness of your car. I know I'm being overly reductive but still this kind of car makes very little sense to me.
Europeans love fast estates / station wagons. They will lap it up like there’s no tomorrow. In fact, they love it so much that Audi makes the RS4 exclusively in the estate body style. I suppose European roads are more forgiving that Indian highways and b-roads, so it makes more sense to own and drive one of these in EU.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 19:46   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
In fact, they love it so much that Audi makes the RS4 exclusively in the estate body style.
Small correction: you mean the RS6. There is no RS4!

But yes, Europeans are crazy over estates, and the RS6 actually sells in very good numbers.
Old 27th June 2022, 21:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post

But yes, Europeans are crazy over estates, and the RS6 actually sells in very good numbers.
There is an RS4

First-ever BMW M3 Touring unveiled; Performance Estate with 503 BHP & 280 km/h top speed-eng_pl_rearvalanceaudirs4b9avant8070_2.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_RS_4
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 11:26   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post

No, I meant RS4!

With the exception of the B7 Gen RS4, all RS4 models produced by Audi were in estate / station-wagon bodystyle exclusively, or in Audi speak - Avant.

The RS6 too is made exclusively in Avant bodystyle. However, the first gen (C5) and second gen (C6) were available in sedan form as well. Subsequent generations of the RS6 were sold exclusively in Avant spec.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks