Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2022, 11:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

7th-generation Ford Mustang globally unveiled

Ford has taken the wraps off its 7th-generation Mustang at the 2022 Detroit Auto Show. The new Ford Mustang comes with a fresh design, both inside and out but retains the signature styling cues, which give it an unmistakably Mustang look.

7th-generation Ford Mustang globally unveiled-7thgenfordmustang1.jpg

In terms of design, the new Ford Mustang comes with a bolder and edgier look. It features slimmer LED headlamps with new tri-bar LED daytime running lights. The muscle car also features a new front grille, inspired by the 1964 model, refreshed front bumper design with air intakes, a large bonnet extractor, sharper-looking LED tail lights, a larger diffuser and new quad-exhaust pipes. The base variant of the new Mustang rides on standard 18-inch wheels with 19- and 20-inch alloys offered as optional.

7th-generation Ford Mustang globally unveiled-7thgenfordmustang2.jpg

Inside, the 7th-gen Mustang features an integrated dual-screen setup which includes a 12.4-inch digital instrument cluster and a 13.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system. Other features in the cabin include a new flat-bottom steering wheel, wireless charging pad, a full suite of safety systems and plenty of other tech as well.

7th-generation Ford Mustang globally unveiled-7thgenfordmustang4.jpg

Ford continues to offer the new-gen Mustang with the same 2.3-litre Ecoboost four-cylinder engine and the 5.0-litre V8 unit. However, the latter is said to have been significantly upgraded with Ford yet to reveal the new power and torque figures. An updated 10-speed automatic transmission will be standard on the 2.3-litre engine but offered as an option on the 5.0-litre V8. Ford could offer a manual gearbox on the top-spec Mustang GT.

7th-generation Ford Mustang globally unveiled-7thgenfordmustang3.jpg

The 7th-gen Ford Mustang will go on sale in the USA during the summer of 2023, before other international markets. Prices will be announced closer to the date of launch in the USA.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 15th September 2022 at 11:21.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 11:37   #2
BHPian

Re: 7th-generation Ford Mustang globally unveiled

Man, she is a beauty. Ford continues to kill it on the muscle car front.
No hybrid version on the cards?
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 12:13   #3
BHPian

Overall looks awesome. It's a nice evolution of the previous model though just a little less Mustang-y than it. Would have been nice if the grill, bumper and diffuser areas were a little less busy.

The interiors are amazing too. Love the fact that this muscle car still has a manual lever for doing handbrake turns, which can also be used as a parking brake .
lordrayden is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 12:45   #4
BHPian

This doesn't look like a muscle car honestly. Even though the design is absolutely beautiful, but it's meant for a sports car. Seems like Ford too went the Camaro way- more sporty and less muscly!
Interior was better in the previous gen Mustang, that's for sure.

But I do think sometimes, is Mustang really a muscle car? People have divided opinions to this question. Some say it is and some say it isn't!

It is a pony car as far as I know, but has somehow managed to establish itself as a muscle car in the eyes of general public (probably due to it's design!)

Last edited by TechnoBloop : 15th September 2022 at 13:02.
TechnoBloop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 13:32   #5
BHPian

Ford designed the Mach-E to resemble the Mustang. Instead the Mustang has ended up resembling the Mach-E ( It is also a bit Camaro-esque). But I really like this new design philosophy of Ford. This Mustang resembles the 60s Mustang much more than the outgoing generation does.

Hope this Mustang's handling just a wee bit better than the outgoing one, thereby not only being visually identical to the Camaro, but also matching it in the driving department.

Last edited by MDH75 : 15th September 2022 at 13:45.
MDH75 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 13:53   #6
BHPian

Not a fan of this version at all. Front is a departure from traditional designs and rear is terrible. I feel Challenger retains the "muscleness" than Mustang or Camaro, which have become sporty. Taking the badges out, Mustang or Camaro could easily be mistaken for Japanese.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 14:08   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I love it, looks absolutely wild . I think Ford has done a great job with "evolutionary" design changes, rather than something revolutionary. Another pat on the back for offering a manual transmission, and I'm sure the special GT350 / GT500 editions will follow in due time.

Thanks to Ford India's exit, the 6th-gen Mustang will be the only Mustang to have been officially sold in India. As a Mustang lover, that is painful to accept, because here is a fast sporty car that is also practical (runs on regular fuel just fine), has decent ground clearance, liveable ride quality and is reliable enough to be a daily driver (which the car is in the USA).

Enjoy one of the best exhaust notes of our times!
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 14:14   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Man, she is a beauty. Ford continues to kill it on the muscle car front.
No hybrid version on the cards?
No don't think so, this is going to be the last Petrol Ford muscle car. While a hybrid for the next gen (S750) Mustang could be on the cards, it's highly unlikely as that car would be launched around 2030 and the logical choice would be to go all electric.

Goodbye V8 Mustang, you will be missed.
Old 15th September 2022, 14:23   #9
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely loved it. Looks modern and yet retains the Mustang identity, and this could be the last generation for the iconic badge in its current form. Interestingly the MT is only offered with the V8 GT and the 10-speed auto goes standard with the EcoBoost.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 16:43   #10
BHPian

This might unfortunately be the last generation of the ICE Mustang, the last Mustang with a V8 and manual transmission. The Mustang after this will live but it'll be all electric.

Usually high performance Mustang models follow a year later (like a GT350, GT500) but out of all the models that were unveiled today, the Dark Horse looks absolutely sinister!
500+HP V8 with forged internals
Dual throttle body intake system
Stiffer chassis, suspension and steering
Carbon fiber wheels
Tremec 6 speed manual

7th-generation Ford Mustang globally unveiled-4e9a77941663012415.jpg

7th-generation Ford Mustang globally unveiled-4e9a78811663012423.jpg

7th-generation Ford Mustang globally unveiled-4e9a79611663012424.jpg
TaurusSHO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 06:25   #11
BHPian

Really do hope they launch it in India. I would love to be able to pick one up from the second hand car market in a few years time.
One last V8 before I move on to boring family cars.
Old 16th September 2022, 10:10   #12
BANNED

Love what Ford has done with the styling. Its still unmistakably Mustang, modernised just enough
Old 16th September 2022, 10:29   #13
Team-BHP Support

Really love the styling they've achieved at the front, the car looks brilliant! However, am not really a fan of the kink in the rear lights design. I personally prefer the rear of the current Mustang.

Quite possible I'll grow to love the rear design once I see it on the roads. Kudos to Ford for not killing the V8. Yet.

Memories of my Xmas trip driving a Mustang from Bangalore to Chennai still remain among my favourite experiences.
Ford Mustang - Drive from Bangalore to Chennai (Spreading Xmas cheer from Bangalore to Chennai with the Ford Mustang)
benbsb29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 13:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

Ah one of those mouth-watering offering from Ford which will continue to be a dream to me. Perhaps, Ford is one of those only companies to me who have such lovely looking cars like the Mustang, F150 Raptor & the mighty Endeavour

This car is a looker from all sides and retains true DNA of a Mustang despite seeing new generations consistently.
Old 17th September 2022, 20:21   #15
BHPian

Looks like a Camaro tbh, but this is a very mature looking design evolution!

Would love to get my hands on one of these. Those interiors are the perfect blend of utility and modernity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks