Old 27th September 2022, 07:35   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Citroën gets a new logo

Citroën premieres new logo:

Citroën gets a new logo-1.jpg

Citroën gets a new logo-a2527e4670f601456a8d42a14f964d0bb90062be.png

Citroën gets a new logo-b3d5c6b7c6b0c54ab807c49aaec903a2f27a6c9d.png

Citroën gets a new logo-7f0ed68e52f7d04be489d0c893a549b35a10ed24.jpg

NEW CITROËN BRAND IDENTITY AND LOGO SIGNAL EXCITING, ENERGETIC AND MODERN ERA TO COME:

- New corporate brand identity and logo signals exciting and significant new chapter in Citroën’s history is underway
- Proud new logo reinterprets original 1919 oval and is 10th evolution in Citroën’s 103-year history
- Will debut on conceptual vehicle at the end of September, then progressively will adorn future global products and concepts from mid-2023
- Enhanced and updated corporate identity will increasingly roll out across digital, dealer and corporate environments
- New brand signature promises acceleration of bold, inclusive and emotional era for Citroën mobility solutions and customer relationships

1.NEW BUT FAMILIAR

Central to the new brand identity is the evolution of Citroën’s world-famous “deux chevrons” symbol – the tenth significant revamp of the Citroën logo since the formation of the company in 1919 – and features wider and more prominent chevrons contrasted and surrounded by a softer vertical oval frame.

2. EVOLUTION AND REVOLUTION

Citroën’s evolutionary new brand logo and corporate identity combine with the “Nothing Moves Us Like Citroën” signature to highlight the coming revolution in the brand’s approach to future accessible mobility solutions and its commitment to stress-free customer services.

The first physical evidence of this will be explored in a significant conceptual family vehicle, which will carry the new identity and be revealed by Citroën at the end of September.

Source: Citroën

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th September 2022 at 07:48.
volkman10 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 08:47   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Citroën gets a new logo

Ugh

Fed up with these new fangled flat emblems. Yeah, am aware that it is for the digital world, but didn't Citroen do the same in 2016.

The new one kinda reminds me of the peacenik symbol and for some reason the Trabant emblem
DicKy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 08:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

What is wrong with these brands? On one hand they take these simple flat minimalism approach when it comes logo designs (spending millions), on the other hand they add ugly, complex to make, unnecessary profile/shapes, blings on their car exterior and interior designs.

Last edited by Latheesh : 27th September 2022 at 08:56.
Latheesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 09:09   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

To my eyes the 2016 and 2009 versions looked just great. I think when CEOs are lost about what to do they change logos. Like when Govt's are incapable of addressing real issues they go around changing names of roads and towns. I would love to be the PR company that got paid maybe 2 million Euros for "designing" that new logo!!!
V.Narayan is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 10:07   #5
BHPian

What type of ants bite them that they do such things? I have no idea! What is the difference between the 1919 logo and this one? Don't they have any sane person in their team to object? We are living in a digital age which is ridiculous as well.
CarNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 12:00   #6
BHPian

This is just Citroën attempting to jump on the minimalism bandwagon and failing in a not-so-insignificant way. Actually getting the style right and making a good-looking logo is one thing. Ending up with something like this, on the other hand, just goes to show that this was done merely for the sake of doing it.

As pointed out above, this looks very similar to the 1919 logo. Why the sudden step back in time? The last two logos were tasteful evolutions and looked great.

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 27th September 2022 at 12:03.
Old 27th September 2022, 17:15   #7
BHPian

Am I the only one who thinks that the new Citroen logo is heavily inspired from Kinder Joy 's egg shaped container?

The current logo design is miles better. This changeover is unnecessary.
Gautham_v6 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 17:35   #8
BHPian

Now that I look at the logos the 2009 and 2016 seems to be fit for the present day. But I am sure someone's MBA degree has finally paid off by coming up with this stupid idea and going back where they started. No C3 automatic and now change the logo. They are now officially eligible to run for election.
OpenRoads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 17:44   #9
BANNED

I personally feel that this new logo is no different from the the logo they first used on their cars in 1919 or whenever. It's similar to the one in Citroen 2CV. The current logo was far better. And can't these companies focus on bringing more essential features to the cars than spending on these? For in India, the C3 doesn't get rear wiper. The C5 gets only diesel engine and no AWD or 4×4. Can't they spend some more money on improving their products instead on spending on these useless pursuits?

Last edited by Sheel : 27th September 2022 at 18:25. Reason: Punctuation mark spaces.
DR Manabendra S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 18:43   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Citroën premieres new logo:
Its remarkable that all over the world - there are a lot of jobs (high paying mind you) - on offer, to just erase a lot of hard work of decades & simply bring back something 100 year old. If it were for me, unless the change was something completely unrelated to the existing logo - I'd rather not change anything - and distribute the entire money saved in other areas - maybe penny-size increments to the staff instead.

And - to make things boring in the name of "simplicity / modernity /understatement" and what not.
(And then - we have the likes of HERO, M&M etc - going overboard with their logos and reminding how good the old ones were ).
Reinhard is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 19:57   #11
BHPian

It was quite interesting to read the underlying article, and I found it refreshing to note how they have tried to link the new logo to many things including the enhanced digital journey experience, sustainability, simplicity, serenity. And , finally, somebody has started thinking about lighter, energy efficient chrome free.

Time will tell if all this is pure wordsmithing or has some substance, but I liked the intent and the thought process.
Quote:
"mission to make electric mobility accessible to all and extends its core DNA for affordability, audacity and customer wellbeing"
Quote:
pure and simplified user interface, providing customers with an enhanced sense of serenity for their entire digital journey with Citroën, from living room to showroom.
Quote:
ensuring the digital experience meets the expectations of new customers for ergonomics and aesthetics – including providing a ‘dark mode’ option – and fully meets the exacting needs and requirements for online sales.
Quote:
Efficient new signage will be lighter and energy saving, as well as chrome free to increase recyclability.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 27th September 2022 at 20:05.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 21:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

I am hoping they don't change the front logo in C3 and C5.
I can't imagine a circular logo in the front, the current one merges beautifully with the bonnet lines.
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 22:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Won't all carmakers unnecessarily changing the old logos and signage throughout the world (these are all MNCs) contribute to the carbon emissions? A change of logo cannot improve the range or charging time, it simply announces the new technology underneath. And in that case what about the Gazillion other devices powered by the almost same rechargeable batteries? DELL is still DELL and Apple's San Francisco font used in their iconic UI came to centerstage in 2015. Don't these products have any digital DNA or desirability factor?

IMHO the real reason behind this E-logo craze is to pre-empt the unions and strikes. With this kind of makeover, the company can buy a psychological advantage and create a public perspective that's in favor of them. When everything inside a car is powered by one or more motors, many shopfloors and departments inside an auto plant are no longer needed. Engine, Transmission, Fuel systems, Exhaust systems all these have to go along with the people who make them and who design and develop them. Large scale retrenchment is inevitable. The new logos will look best in pink slips?

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 27th September 2022 at 23:14.
sandeepmdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 00:52   #14
BHPian

And here I proudly present the Citroën Mother Teresa edition. That'll be 2 million euros please.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroën gets a new logo-b3d5c6b7c6b0c54ab807c49aaec903a2f27a6c9d2.png  

digitalnirvana is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 18:20   #15
BHPian

I'm not sure what the Citroen was thinking when they designed this new logo . As I read the responses of other members, I see that everyone likes the logos for 2009 and 2016. Maybe the company is thinking about changing the front end of its vehicles by integrating this logo. Don't know how the car will look with this new logo, but I think Citroen cars look awesome with 2009 and 2016 logos.

Last edited by manson : 21st October 2023 at 15:40. Reason: Typos.
amrit_bareta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks