Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2023, 15:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai-owned Genesis to take on Bentley with its X Convertible EV

Genesis showcased the concept version of its X Convertible EV at last year's LA Auto Show. Now, reports state that Genesis has confirmed that the X Convertible will enter production, making it the brand's flagship model once on sale.

At a recent dealer meeting, Luc Donckerwolke, Genesis' Chief Creative Officer, confirmed that the car was headed for showrooms. He also mentioned that Genesis has set its sights higher with the X Convertible and that it won't be as "pedestrian" as the Mercedes-Benz E-Class or even the SL.

Hyundai-owned Genesis to take on Bentley with its X Convertible EV-genesisxconvertible.jpg

Speaking at the dealer meeting, Donckerwolke was confident that the X Convertible would see a lot of Bentley Continental Convertible trade-ins when it hits the showroom floors. Prices for the upcoming Genesis flagship EV are also estimated to be around the $200,000 - $300,000 mark, making it a direct competition to Bentley. However, details of the pricing and the competition are yet to be confirmed.

In terms of design, the concept features a minimalistic design with all the signature styling elements of the brand. However, the distinct feature of the X Convertible is the front light bars which replace the iconic front grille.

Donckerwolke also mentioned that Genesis has been in search of an icon for the brand and that the X Convertible is a strong contender to become its Halo flagship offering.

Source: Automotive News

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 31st January 2023 at 15:59.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 16:31   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai-owned Genesis to take on Bentley with its X Convertible EV

$200-300k for a Genesis? If true, it's a little too much if you ask me. Makes a lot of sense for a Bentley, but Genesis doesn't have that kind of brand image yet. I could go buy something like an Aston Martin DBS coupe at that price and get a V12 engine too! The design of the concept looks good but that price range is way too optimistic for something that's still associated with being "a fancy Hyundai or Kia" (which is technically incorrect, but is just what I've heard most often).

I have to say, I personally do like the design. Considering the recent Genesis cars like the G90 and G80, it's reasonable to expect quite a lot as far as the car itself is concerned. They've really upped their game!

Here's another article I came across earlier.

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 31st January 2023 at 16:40.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks