Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2023, 19:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ferrari LaFerrari successor hypercar spied ahead of global debut in 2024

Ferrari is said to be working on a new hypercar - a successor to its LaFerrari. The new hypercar will reportedly debut in 2024 and follow the lineage of the F40, F50, Enzo and LaFerrari.

A new spy video has been released online which gives us a first glimpse of the upcoming hypercar from the Italian supercar brand. The spy video showcases the new car covered completely in camouflage, although certain design elements can be seen. This includes a massive wing at the rear, large openings on the front bumper, and a ducted portion to channel air over the windshield. At the back, there are two high-mounted exhaust pipes and a massive diffuser at the bottom.

The upcoming hypercar prototype features a warning sticker, indicating it could be offered with a hybrid powertrain.

Reports suggest that Ferrari could debut the new hypercar sometime in October 2024 and plans to build 599 examples. There will also be a track-focused XX version in 2026 limited to just 30 units and a convertible version limited to 199 units, and expected to arrive in 2027.

Source: Motor1

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 17th February 2023 at 19:42.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 18:14   #2
BHPian

Re: Ferrari LaFerrari successor hypercar spied ahead of global debut in 2024

Say what you will about their Formula 1 operations, but you can always trust Ferrari to make a good looking cars. From the Purosangue to the SF-23 and now this.

The bold electric bolt sticks on the bonnet and doors makes it seem like there will be plenty of electrification in the drivetrain. And them burly exhausts mean that the guzzler is here to stay.

Electrification coupled with fossil fuel engines is my favorite mode of electrification at the moment. The first world has gone through a significant Prius-Leaf phase and it is now that they have a reasonable charging infrastructure. Such EVs have only now started rolling out in India in the form of City, Hyryder-Vitara and Innova Hycross.
Old 20th February 2023, 19:52   #3
BANNED

Re: Ferrari LaFerrari successor hypercar spied ahead of global debut in 2024

To be honest most of the new Ferraris (post the F40) look like minor variations of each other. They look nice I'm sure - in the same way that the new Bentley Continental looks nice. But to me they lack the character that set them apart in the 50's, 60's and 70's. In fact the last Ferrari that (once again to me, I mean) was drop dead gorgeous to look at was the original Dino 206/246, named after the founder’s son, who died unfortunately when just 24 years old, due to muscular dystrophy. It was the first road-going Ferrari with a V-6 engine instead of the ubiquitous V-12 which was a trademark till then.

Most Viewed