Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2023, 16:29   #1
Senior - BHPian

2024 Mercedes E-Class interior revealed with superscreen; Features selfie camera & built-in apps

Mercedes-Benz has officially unveiled the all-new interiors of its 2024 E-Class sedan. The sedan is expected to arrive in the market sometime later this year.

The cabin of the new Mercedes-Benz E-Class gets the brand's MBUX Superscreen, with sizable infotainment displays, both on the centre console and in front of the passenger. The driver also gets a free-standing fully-digital instrument cluster that offers an option to choose either a Classic theme with a dial-like speedometer and tachometer or a Sports theme which has the tachometer at the centre and red accents all around.

2024 Mercedes E-Class interior revealed with superscreen; Features selfie camera & built-in apps-2024eclassinterior.jpg

However, what's of more interest, are the two infotainment screens on the dashboard, both of which can install third-party apps directly instead of being mirrored via Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. Mercedes will also be launching its very own 'App Store', which will offer an expanding range of directly-downloadable applications. At the time of launch, the Mercedes-Benz App Store will readily come with apps like Angry Birds, TikTok, Zoom and Webex. The sedan will also come with a dashboard-mounted selfie photo and video camera, which can be used by some of the apps. Also, owners will be able to take photos and videos even when the car is parked.

Mercedes-Benz has stated that the E-Class will come with ZYNC Entertainment Portal, which is said to provide "on-demand content, interactive experiences, local video programs, sports, news and more." The carmaker also confirmed that around 30 streaming services from various global partners are already available, with more to come in the future.

However, the E-Class will get a "visual shield", which as the name suggests prevents the driver to be able to see the content via another camera which monitors the driver's eye movements. Having said that, there is an option to either have the shield switched on or off.

Besides the immersive content providing infotainment screens, the new E-Class also packs a host of other tech and features. These include a 17-speaker 4D Burmester sound system, active lights that respond to the sound inside and double-up as visual warnings, Nappa leather seats and 5G connectivity.

Source: CarScoops

Like to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 24th February 2023 at 16:32.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 17:28   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 2024 Mercedes E-Class interior revealed with superscreen; Features selfie camera & built-in apps

Having a video in the front sounds like a terrible idea from a safety and distraction point of view. I think car makers are losing perspective as to what the role of a car is.
V.Narayan is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 18:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: 2024 Mercedes E-Class interior revealed with superscreen; Features selfie camera & built-in apps

So they have finally crossed the barrier of making a car into a giant tablet on wheels.

I'm betting the revenue from the car appstore and MBUX services were definitely pushed as a major point into the future revenue forecasts to make the bean counters happy and fuel the illusion of perpetual growth in profits.
Cresterk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 18:57   #4
BHPian

Slowly all automobile manufacturers will transition into software companies also selling cars.
SN88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 19:29   #5
BHPian

Miss those days of the dials, knobs, switches and toggles. The screens are terrible to look and use on a car. Hate how the car scene is evolving.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 20:00   #6
BHPian

Dear MB please do not miss out on adding the beauty enhancement, gender and age detection along with auto group selfie features. Without these features the car will just be a piece of metal with no soul.

If these features are not added, probably a huge volume of sales will be lost to the rivals.

Next in list will be a "Car Group Selfie" camera, for selfies of MB cars with other cars at traffic lights and other scenic locations.

Cheers
Brumby is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 20:45   #7
Senior - BHPian

A video showing the new E class interior along with some other features not mentioned like electronic AC vent control.
Cresterk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 20:58   #8
BHPian

Sad to see that Mercedes’ new philosophy has been too China oriented lately, the new models feel more Chinese than German now!
QuentinTino is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 22:59   #9
Deo
BHPian

For the record, I don't like this layout either. The C-Class / GLC dash layout looks better in my opinion.
But I get it, it's like a transition phase for consumers before cars basically turn into a lounge on wheels, an extension of our living room. I remember having this discussion more than 6-7 years ago with a senior rep from an automotive OEM, who showed me an internal presentation from their advance engineering team, and he coined the phrase "living room on wheels" to me. At the time I thought, too far-fetched. But we are getting there, with BMW i7 theatre screen, Merc's edge-to-edge dashboard screens. Soon we will have windscreens replaced by screens showing live camera footage.
We should lap up all these last generation of ICE cars, when we can STILL drive ourselves before all cars turn into some kind of fancy couch.
Deo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 23:00   #10
rGT
BHPian

I'm an 18 year old, with aspirations of owning a German marque in the future. However, when automakers are hell-bent on converting automobiles to computers-on-wheels, I fear that those aspirations are going to dissolve over time.
rGT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 10:30   #11
BHPian

Re: 2024 Mercedes E-Class interior revealed with superscreen; Features selfie camera & built-in apps

For a second, I thought this was the launch announcement of the new iphone with all the new features it offers etc. etc. As someone said, looks like these development are making cars as tablets on wheels with seats to sit and enjoy. There is hardly mention of any other feature in the interior apart from the infotainment system.

Why not offer dashcam as standard. It is a great device and a safety valve when you are in a bad situation or someone tries to scam you.

We all put idols on our car dashboard whether it is alto or S-class but till date no company has given dedicated space for the same. Would not it be nice if the car has a specific place and during booking you are asked which idol you would like to install? During delivery, the same gets installed and delivered as standard.

How about perfume/fragrance integrated with air-conditioning which spreads nice fragrance across the cabin without you having to install an after market accessory?
Old 26th February 2023, 11:18   #12

Re: 2024 Mercedes E-Class interior revealed with superscreen; Features selfie camera & built-in apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Having a video in the front sounds like a terrible idea from a safety and distraction point of view. I think car makers are losing perspective as to what the role of a car is.
The screen is not vidible to the driver same as in Jeep Grand Cherokee, the co passenger can enjoy it though. I feel its a great feature to have.
Old 26th February 2023, 14:16   #13
BHPian

IMO, the layout of the dashboard looks too similar to the Mercedes EQS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
We all put idols on our car dashboard whether it is alto or S-class but till date no company has given dedicated space for the same.
Skoda gives a dedicated space for idols on the dashboard of their newer cars like the Kushaq and Slavia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahnjpr View Post
How about perfume/fragrance integrated with air-conditioning which spreads nice fragrance across the cabin without you having to install an after market accessory?
Mercedes already offers this feature on the S-Class. It wouldn't hurt them to bring it down to the E as you said.
Old 7th April 2023, 13:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

The new Mercedes-Benz E-class will be revealed on 25th April.

2024 Mercedes E-Class interior revealed with superscreen; Features selfie camera & built-in apps-20230407_130625.jpg

2024 Mercedes E-Class interior revealed with superscreen; Features selfie camera & built-in apps-20230407_130629.jpg

Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks