Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2007, 13:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Chrysler 300, saturn ion and ford fusion are some goodlooking eg of competitive cars.

But the big 3's image has been tarnished so bad by the media that even the good cars are not being taken by the consumers.

Last year when all the manufacturers submitted the data of cars sold and cars recalled. Toyota didnt give out the numbers. After the data was published the recall was done. It was never publicised in the media.

and here's a recent case

WTOL-TV Toledo, OH: Toyota: No comment on reports of no charges in recall probe

Unconfirmedsources.com

Last edited by devarshi84 : 25th July 2007 at 13:56.
Old 25th July 2007, 19:56   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Chrysler 300, saturn ion and ford fusion are some goodlooking eg of competitive cars.

But the big 3's image has been tarnished so bad by the media that even the good cars are not being taken by the consumers.

I don't quite agree. All of Fords new vehicles are being taken really well especially the Ford Fusion, Lincoln MkZ, Mercury Milan and the Ford Edge and Lincoln MkX are selling like hot cakes they really are. They've won several JD power top rankings for initial build quality etc.

The tarnished bad image is due to poor reliability. I won't have to worry as much while buying a Honda Accord with 120K miles on it as much I'd have to worry about buying a Dodge Intrepid with 90K on it who knows when the auto tranny might fail and the cost to fix it would be equal to that of the car itself because it depreciated like a rock because it lacked quality and reliability in the first place (the FIRST POINT I MADE remeber whole circle completed right here.
Old 25th July 2007, 23:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I totally agree with that. I have felt the same too. Seems like the world, for toyota, begins and ends in North America. But their sales are increasing in Europe too. I guess Toyota wants to first capture North America and Europe and then move on to other car markets. The advantage they have in India the reverence Indians have towards the H and T logo(ed) Japanese cars. They can afford to be the last enterant in their segment and still can end up as market leaders.
yes ,that is very true.
this fact might favour honda some day

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks