Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2023, 12:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Genesis GV60 EV gets facial recognition tech & few other cool keyless entry features

Genesis, the luxury car brand of the Hyundai Motor Group, introduced its first pure-electric offering, the GV60 in 2021. Since then, the company has also introduced the electric G80 sedan and the GV70 EV SUV.

Now, the luxury car brand has announced that they are rolling out a bunch of new features for its EV owners. This includes innovative biometric technology which allows owners to access and start their cars. The new keyless entry system from Genesis includes fingerprint authentication and also advanced facial recognition technology, which removes the need to use a key fob or even a smartphone.

Genesis GV60 EV gets facial recognition tech & few other cool keyless entry features-genesisgv60.jpg

Genesis explains that the Face Connect system uses a Near-Infrared (NIR) camera in the door pillar, paired with an advanced deep-learning processing controller to allow entry even before touching the car. Owners of the GV60 can share access with 3 users, each of whom will have their own profile via smartphones. The face connect system will recognise the profile and even position the seat, steering wheel and head-up display accordingly.

The Genesis GV60 also comes with a welcome light, which switches on when walking up to the vehicle.

The luxury brand is working on electrifying its entire fleet by 2025, as part of its goal to become a 100% zero-emission brand by 2030.

Source: Electrek

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 2nd June 2023 at 12:29.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 13:54   #2
BHPian

Re: Genesis GV60 EV gets facial recognition tech & few other cool keyless entry features

I know that these cars are the future but they just don't appeal to me. These cars are aimed towards people that think iPhones have soul. Pardon me for sounding like I'm a 70 year old inexorable grandfather when I'm quite a few years away from a driving license; but these cars are so sterile feeling. Now take my hot take of the day with a grain or two of salt but I think the car enthusiast community will slowly die out if manufacturers keep on producing these bland and soulless cars riddled with Tech you probably don't need. And of course they've decided to advertise it in the most exciting colour available to them, Matt Grey! For brands like these, the main purpose it to make a smartphone on wheels and market it to people who have never driven a genuinely interesting car. I'm sure the Polo GT TSI is no Lambo, but the feeling of rowing through the gears, listening to the engine roaring invokes more emotions in one than these touchscreen packed electric bricks. The Genesis GV60 probably doesn't deserve my hate considering it is a pretty nifty car from the looks of things. I'm all for EVs that make you feel like you're driving something nice, not something that makes you feel like you're sitting inside a badly designed box with a few laptop screens and a joke of a steering wheel. (Looking at you Tesla)
ExtremePocca is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks