Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2023, 17:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW 5 Series & i5 with Long Wheelbase unveiled exclusively for the Chinese market

BMW globally unveiled the new-generation 5 Series & the i5 earlier this year. Now, the German car brand has taken the wraps off the new version of the sedan exclusively for the Chinese market.

BMW 5 Series & i5 with Long Wheelbase unveiled exclusively for the Chinese market-2024bmw5series1.jpg

The new BMW 5 Series & i5, to be sold in China, comes in the form of a long wheelbase version and also gets plenty of new features and tech. While the exact dimensions of the LWB of the sedan haven't been officially revealed, reports suggest it could be around 5,181 mm long - almost 121 mm longer than the American & European models.

BMW 5 Series & i5 with Long Wheelbase unveiled exclusively for the Chinese market-2024bmw5series2.jpg

Along with the increased dimensions, the new China-specific 5 Series borrows the 31.1-inch panoramic display with 8K resolution from the flagship 7 Series. Other features include a four-zone climate control and a Bower & Wilkins premium audio system.

BMW 5 Series & i5 with Long Wheelbase unveiled exclusively for the Chinese market-2024bmw5series3.jpg

The exteriors of the long-wheelbase 5 Series get an illuminated "5" badge as standard, positioned on BMW's Hofmeister kink on the C-pillar. The number lights up in white on the ICE version, while on the i5, it comes in light blue and pulses when the vehicle is charging.

Powertrain options, though, are carried over from the international spec for both the ICE-powered and EV versions.

Source: Motor1

Link to Team-BHP news
RahulNagaraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 04:38   #2
BHPian

Re: BMW 5 Series & i5 with Long Wheelbase unveiled exclusively for the Chinese market

I doubt the Indian version would be getting the flatscreen at the back.
Aaroah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 08:15   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW 5 Series & i5 with Long Wheelbase unveiled exclusively for the Chinese market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroah View Post
I doubt the Indian version would be getting the flatscreen at the back.
Why not?
BMW India is going to give it its all to finally take on the E class which is the prime driver of MBILs leadership sales position.
The flatscreen may come on just the highest version(probably i5) and lower petrol and diesel engines may or may not get it to keep price competitive. This is my hunch.

BMW India’s strategy of not having a LWB 5 and instead offering a 6GT to take on the E LWB has not worked. This time around they are getting it right, the 6GT perhaps will get discontinued after this generation in India.

This launch could be the turning point for BMW to become market leader. However I fear prices of both this new 5 LWB and E LWB will easily touch the 1cr mark. A decade ago that was the price of the S class
Sahil is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks