Team-BHP - Bentley Reveals 600-hp Continental GT Speed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Bentley Reveals 600-hp Continental GT Speed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/27111-bentley-reveals-600-hp-continental-gt-speed.html)

Press Release:

New 600bhp Continental GT Speed extends the worldwide appeal of Bentley's iconic GT coupe 1 August, 2007

- The most powerful production Bentley ever and the first to top 200mph.
- Inspired by Bentley's legendary 'Speed' models of the1920s.
- A harder-edged, more sporting Bentley driving experience.
- Builds on the success of Bentley's iconic Continental GT coupe.

Source : Boss Bentley: Bentley Reveals 600-hp Continental GT Speed - Jalopnik

Specifications:

ENGINE
Type 12-cylinder, 6-litre twin-turbocharged engine
Installation Front, longitudinal, all-wheel drive
Construction Alloy heads and block
Bore/stroke 84 x 90.2mm
Capacity 5998cc
Compression ratio 9.0:1
Valve gear Chain-driven DOHC per bank, 4 valves per cylinder, cam phased inlet and outlet
Power GT Speed: 600bhp/610PS/449kW @ 6000rev/min
GT: 552bhp/560PS/412kW @ 6100rev/min

That beast still has the biggest discs around. Those differences in horsepower and torque are going to make a considerable difference. I hope it has a little more distinct exhaust note, than the often faint rumble of the existing GT.

While waiting at the lights near my office, a Continental pulled up next to me. I could hardly hear a road/rumble when the guy began to move once the lights turned green. I would have expected a much better exhaust note for a vehicle with 500+ bho under the hood. Hope the GT Speed has better music to show off its 600bhp engine..

Good Grief: Surely nobody buys a car like a Bentley to make noise?

They buy a Bentley to shift like a missile --- in purrrrfect silence :)

I never hankered after a sports car, let alone a ludicrously expensive one, but... if I was to have one forced on me, let it be one of these!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 520160)
Good Grief: Surely nobody buys a car like a Bentley to make noise?

They buy a Bentley to shift like a missile --- in purrrrfect silence :)

I never hankered after a sports car, let alone a ludicrously expensive one, but... if I was to have one forced on me, let it be one of these!

No one's talking about buying a Bentley to make noise. :Frustrati

Anyways,back to the topic, this GT Speed would surely allure a few more customers looking to get something with the extra zing.

A bentley is more of a Stealth missile rather than something that shouts arrival from rooftops. Cater to different tastes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 520169)
No one's talking about buying a Bentley to make noise. :Frustrati ... ... ...

'a better exhaust note' was the expression used.

The exhaust note from a car like that, surely, should be, "Errr... I didn't realise the engine was running"!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom (Post 520221)
'a better exhaust note' was the expression used.

The exhaust note from a car like that, surely, should be, "Errr... I didn't realise the engine was running"!

True. No doubts about that. Infact, I was really amazing at how silent it is when you sit inside the Lexus IS-250.. absolutely no noise when the engine's on.

There won't be any cosmetic changes to the GT-Speed,if I'm not mistaken. A colleague mentioned to me that Bentley was looking to introduce a few changes to the Continental's looks.Not sure if we'd see that happening anytime soon,though.

This is more my style. Or thiseven!

I think the Arnage weighs over four tons... 0-60 (Mph not kph) in 5.2 seconds. In something that weighs more than some laden trucks!

Drool....

looks wild, loved the rims on this one. some day my friends some day

Check out some of the standard accessories on the Bentley site.

Stuff like limited-access key for valet parking!

Bentley designs have radically evolved since the ones from the 90s and 2000 when they used to be wide boxy cars like the mercs..I somehow still like that old look...

Well for all it is, it's still butt ugly. Would prefer the Arnage any day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 525397)
Well for all it is, it's still butt ugly. Would prefer the Arnage any day!

;) But after the Arnage whats the Next Stop??

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby05 (Post 525522)
;) But after the Arnage whats the Next Stop??

You already know the answer! The RR of course :D