Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2024, 12:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

World's fastest drone chases Red Bull F1 car around the Silverstone circuit

Red Bull recently released a video showing a drone chasing Max Verstappen driving his RB20 F1 car around the Silverstone circuit. The drone in question, called Red Bull Drone 1, was developed by Dutch Drone Gods in partnership with Red Bull.

World's fastest drone chases Red Bull F1 car around the Silverstone circuit-redbull.jpg

The Red Bull Drone 1 is a manually piloted first-person view drone & is capable of accelerating to 186 mph (299.3 km/h) in just 4 seconds. Ahead of the chase, the drone was put to the test via a drag race against Red Bull's RB8 - Sebastian Vettel's 2012 championship-winning car, driven by David Coulthard. However, despite the RB8 being powered by a 2.4-litre V8 engine producing 850 BHP, Coulthard lost the race to the drone.

During the chase sequence, the drone managed to keep up with Max Verstappen and his RB20 driven on full wet tyres in the rain for a full lap. The drone managed to handle the 18 corners of Silverstone, staying glued behind the RB20. The FPV video showcased the water spray flowing over the car, adding a dramatic layer to the video.

Source: Red Bull/YouTube

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by RahulNagaraj : 1st March 2024 at 12:07.
RahulNagaraj is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 13:41   #2
BHPian

Re: World's fastest drone chases Red Bull F1 car around the Silverstone circuit

Thanks for sharing this. It is simply awesome!

As said in the video, this will definitely change the way we would get to watch F1 races in the future.
Knightrider is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 17:47   #3
BHPian

This reminded me of my 1998 Eidos F1 racing game with the Drone Like camera angle.
World's fastest drone chases Red Bull F1 car around the Silverstone circuit-screenshot-20240301-5.43.10-pm.png

I don't remember what it was called then, the View point. However, it would duck when it passed under the Monaco Bridge.

I wonder how these people have managed such sharp turning. At one point (Vale corner), it even goes off track, and recovers sooner. I guess this Drone can do it faster than the F1 car. It was just giving respect. Are we going to see Drone Races on F1 tracks from now on?
vinya_jag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 07:28   #4
BHPian

For the drag race and the normal lap they have used full wets, giving an obvious advantage to the drone.
Old 4th March 2024, 22:10   #5

Awesome video! Red bull guys really push the limits. See the space jump video.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks