Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2024, 19:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Scorpio-N Adventure Edition revealed in South Africa

Mahindra recently showcased the Scorpio-N Adventure Edition in South Africa. As the name suggests, it is a more rugged-looking version of the standard SUV.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Adventure Edition revealed in South Africa-mahindra_scorpio_n_adventure_edition_south_africa_1_acbfa16776.jpg

The Scorpio-N Adventure Edition features a more sturdy-looking front bumper, which has integrated fog lights and a set of auxiliary lights. It also has recovery hooks, high-lift jacking points and a winch.

Mahindra Scorpio-N Adventure Edition revealed in South Africa-mahindra_scorpio_n_adventure_edition_south_africa_2_db4b240ea9.jpg

The Adventure Edition is fitted with a roof rack and rides on 18-inch alloy wheels shod with high-profile all-terrain tyres. To accommodate the wider rubber, Mahindra has installed plastic wheel arch claddings.

The Adventure Edition is mechanically identical to the standard Scorpio-N. The SUV is powered by a 2.2-litre diesel engine that makes 172 BHP and 400 Nm. It is paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission, which sends power to all four wheels.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 19th May 2024 at 19:56.
TusharK is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 19th May 2024, 22:15   #2
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Adventure Edition revealed in South Africa

I hope they release the kit here locally, but knowing how car brands treat our market, I have zero expectations.

That bumper will certainly reduce approach related issues.
On the other hand, the positive camber on the rear looks hideous.
vredesbyrd is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 19th May 2024, 22:19   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
I hope they release the kit here locally, but knowing how car brands treat our market, I have zero expectations.

That bumper will certainly reduce approach related issues.
On the other hand, the positive camber on the rear looks hideous.
That isn't positive camber at the rear, the axle is articulated as some object is below the other rear wheel.
Hemi6.2 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 08:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

That looks sick but I wonder if it is Mahindra themselves or in collaboration with a local company there. There are plenty who do stuff like this in Australia and have relations with OEM. SA is many ways is quite similar to Australian market when it comes to 4x4.

I will also be surprised if there are no suspension hardware changes. By the looks of it, it looks like there are serious suspension/geometry changes
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 13:05   #5

This has got me drooling!
As a ScorpioN owner who is seriously thinking of adding custom roof carrier, off-road bumpers and under-body protection. It will be great to get OEM off road kits launched in India.

Although I am not so sure about the legality of roof-carriers in pvt vehicles, and off-road bumpers in India. I hear people often getting stopped and traffic challans on the highways for these.
Auto Enthusiast is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks