Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2007, 23:16   #1
BHPian

Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR drops

well i am not going to be blabbering much about this car only one line i would say:
"1.5 LATERAL G FORCE FROM A STOCK CAR"

• Dodge delivers ultimate purpose-built, street-legal track car
• 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10® ACR offers reduced weight, race-ready hardware and competition tuning for optimal on-track performance
• Aerodynamic improvements, racing suspension and weight savings equal unmatched performance for under $100,000

Derived from the all-new 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10, the heart and soul of the all-new 2008 Viper SRT10 ACR is SRT's new 8.4-liter aluminum V-10 engine that produces 600 horsepower and 560 lb.-ft. of torque.

The 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR stays true to the five key aspects of SRT: standout powertrain, bold exterior styling, race-inspired interior, benchmark braking, and world-class ride and handling characteristics across a dynamic range.

The all-new 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR is specifically modified and tuned for track performance. The ACR suspension includes coil-over racing dampers from KW Suspensions that are adjustable for damping and ride height. The shocks are two-way adjustable without removing the wheels - a timesaver on the track - and they include a large range for compression and rebound. The KW dampers and forks are machined from solid aluminum billet, feature spherical bearing mounts, and are optimized to minimize weight and maximize performance.

ACR- AMERICAN CLUB RACING

LA 2007 Preview: Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR drops - Autoblog
Old 9th November 2007, 23:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

What a machine!! Does it look mean,or what!
Old 10th November 2007, 03:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

one mean machine. the colour combination also looks hot. look at the stratrgicly placed air lifters like i would like to call them for better airodynamics. man it would be alot of fun on the track.
Old 10th November 2007, 13:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

I don't know but somehow the Viper & the Corvette don't really excite me. The Viper especially seems too OTT.
Old 10th November 2007, 15:11   #5
Team-BHP Support

I would look at anything from dodge with suspicion. I used to think that you cannot stall automatics. I mananged to do so. Stopped on a red light a little too quickly(no wheel lock stuff, just a quick stop), and the transmission could not figure out what to do and stalled the eigne.
It was a dodge avenger, a new one at that. I could not manage to do so in any of the other american cars.
After the Chrysler group has orphaned dodge, this company seems to be going nowhere
Old 13th November 2007, 00:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

I've heard about a few cases where the Charger/Avenger seemed to stall for no apparent reason. Dogde did a recall of about 1000-1200 vehicles since one of the modules that controlled the AT seemed to malfunction.
Old 13th November 2007, 09:14   #7
BHPian

Good that at least they have increased the power by 100bhp more,8400cc engine and 500bhp was a bit ...ahhh
Old 13th November 2007, 10:16   #8
BHPian

any performance figures on that one yet? The car looks very mean indeed. But I'd prefer a Shelby modified Mustang any day over this one.
Old 14th November 2007, 01:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely..I bet 98/100 people would prefer the Shelby Mustang. Its a class apart. The Viper is much younger,and lacks the image.
Old 14th November 2007, 01:40   #10
Senior - BHPian

Shelby Mustang just has extra power and nothing else. Nothing has been done to the suspension or chassis or brakes over a stock mustang. How lame is that. I guess some people only care about horse power... no one cares about whether that horsepower can actually be used.
Old 15th November 2007, 12:03   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Shelby Mustang just has extra power and nothing else. Nothing has been done to the suspension or chassis or brakes over a stock mustang. How lame is that. I guess some people only care about horse power... no one cares about whether that horsepower can actually be used.
The Ford Shelby GT500 starts with the solid Mustang underpinnings. The all-new Mustang was designed from the beginning with performance derivatives in mind, providing an exceptionally rigid, well-engineered starting point for GT500 chassis engineers.

SVT engineers retuned and upgraded key chassis components. Improvements such as revised shocks, spring rates and upgraded stabilizer bars help the Ford Shelby GT500 stop and turn with the same authority as it goes.

a little more on the mustang gt

At the front suspension, MacPherson struts with reverse “L” lower control arms deliver comfort. The three-link rear suspension has a lightweight, tubular Panhard rod that provides precise control of the rear axle. This technology stabilizes the rear axle as the wheels move, particularly during hard cornering.

The standard four-wheel disc brakes have the biggest rotors and stiffest calipers ever fitted to a mainstream Mustang. Twin-piston aluminum calipers clamp down on 12.4-inch ventilated front brake discs. In the rear, the brake rotors are 11.8 inches in diameter.

A four-channel anti-lock brake system (ABS) with traction control
It uses electronic sensors to constantly monitor road conditions and feed the information to a dedicated control computer that’s capable of determining within milliseconds whether the vehicle is on dry pavement or negotiating a slippery surface. When traction control isn’t desired, drivers can deactivate the system with a button on the instrument panel

link:rsportscars.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks