Team-BHP - Bmw M5 Or CLS AMG
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Bmw M5 Or CLS AMG (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/31213-bmw-m5-cls-amg.html)

Guys, i would say, its a close call.
For me an M5
....any given sunday...coz its a guys thing

i would go in with the M5 anytime.the perfect salon car with the agility and power of a sports car. the car has been my favourite since it was launched and i aspire to buy one soon. the CLS AMG has never really got me excited as the rear seating comforts put me off.

Easy. An M5 for me. Perfect sedan for the daily commute and the perfect brute for the track. Add to that enough snob value and turns of others heads. :D Only tough choice is the color.

I haven't driven the m5 but have been driven in it. But I have used the cls63amg extensivly and must say it brings a smile to my face each time,by far the most brutual engine I have driven

i think mine is the first vote for AMG :)
never driven both but read lots ... i have lot of downloads for AMG i like it very much

check out this you tube video
YouTube - BMW M5 vs. Mercedes-Benz CLS 55 AMG

Tough one this, but I'd pick the M5 simply for being the more agile of the two. Enthusiastic corners = M5. Enthusiastic cruising = AMG CLS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 623867)
I haven't driven the m5 but have been driven in it. But I have used the cls63amg extensivly and must say it brings a smile to my face each time,by far the most brutual engine I have driven

Where is this CLS63AMG? isnt it launched recently earlier the cls55amg came. is it here in Mumbai? would like to see it, and offcourse drive one if possible!!

yes i agree AMG CLS isn't tat fast but AMG C63 is!! also very sexy looking beast:)

M5 for me of course! A real piece of M machinery can't be beat!

Guys, there is a very thin line when it comes to the handling capabilites in either of the competetors but the M5 is superior. Tough the CLS is an epic design,handles like you want it too.. its so pleasing to look at, you can literally talk to it... But the M5 talks back to you.

I would say M5..but hold your horses i'd still want to own a 63 AMG for sure..especially after the number of electronic issues that have recently sprung up in the BMW assist module in the UAE...I wish you guys could see the number of new M's standing at BMW in dubai for electronic testing...

Though a close encounter, Would select CLS AMG, definitely for the styling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1kram (Post 624227)
Though a close encounter, Would select CLS AMG, definitely for the styling.

Hey @v1kram thats the only reason to buy it, even i would go for it only when i already have an M5 first. CLS is the looks else the M5 has everything and IMHO its step ahead and no other car in the world AFAIK holds you in your seat when you take a hard turn... and thats the ooomph and thats is M5.

As a bit of an expert on this, I'd said neither - get an Alpina B5S and your life will be sublime :)

I like the M5. Infact, I was amazed to the core when I got to see the first M5 in real and got to feel it. I like them.
But I love MERCs! I am simply bowled over by it's unending charm. So, obviously I have to dislike Beeyems when they're compared with Mercs. That brings me here, and I vote for the CLS! I don't have to think twice. Do I? Oh, come on! It should've been a Brabus Rocket in here.