Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2005, 22:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Whoa mate, I say stall your studies of modern cars, and immerse yourself in old cars for a year or two, and learn about them, cos they're much much cooler, nicer, and better than moderns.

Classic cars are something truly amazing..........the Charger R/T, the Mustang, the GT40...... etc etc all of 'em have some great facts behind the making of those machine....
Old 10th January 2005, 22:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Whoa mate, I say stall your studies of modern cars, and immerse yourself in old cars for a year or two, and learn about them, cos they're much much cooler, nicer, and better than moderns.

Which is why youll find half my house buried under copies of "Classic & Sports Car"!!!
You read my mind mate. I lust after classics like none other. My favourite Porsche still is the 964. I still wish to own an Indian classic, maybe a Premier Padmini or a Contessa. They just don't make 'em like they used to. My wish just might come true, hopefully. And Classic and Sports Car is a fantastic read. I have a little collection brewing up myself, difficult to find them though.
My list is on the way. The sort of mood I'm in these days, all the top 10 could easily be Porsche cars made before 1984. So please bear with me. As usual though, Revvmaster has disappeared without giving us his list.
Old 11th January 2005, 10:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Guys its not that i dont like them , i just love the long chevy's, the pontiacs, GT40s & specially the mustangs of yesteryears, its just that am not much aware of their specs & models etc i just drool whenevr i c a classic
Old 11th January 2005, 21:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that, Technocrat, theres nothing like a beautiful old car to lighten one's day!!

Quote:
You read my mind mate. I lust after classics like none other. My favourite Porsche still is the 964. I still wish to own an Indian classic, maybe a Premier Padmini or a Contessa. They just don't make 'em like they used to. My wish just might come true, hopefully. And Classic and Sports Car is a fantastic read. I have a little collection brewing up myself, difficult to find them though.
My list is on the way. The sort of mood I'm in these days, all the top 10 could easily be Porsche cars made before 1984. So please bear with me. As usual though, Revvmaster has disappeared without giving us his list.
Yeah, even I sometimes seriously think whether I should have a Zen, or a pristine '56 Padmini. Of course, no one else really understands the feelings of us car people, and people think I'm mad when I yell with joy after seeing a Sipani Dolphin( a car I love without a single reason why).
It's the way of the world......sigh.
Old 14th January 2005, 14:36   #20

First of all Hi to all Bhpians...
I just registered, and its surprising to see ur interests......

My all time fav is the 300 slr, its so amazing....
At the time of 50's when most sportscars where finding it hard to do 80 to 100 miles top... Mercedes created the wonder : Worlds first Supercar with top speed of around 190 mph.

....and i was born around 1980's and after my death also this is my favorite.

hey, autophyske, speedsatya, islero, shravan316... i'm with u guys!!!
Old 16th January 2005, 10:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

man, I completley agree with you. The 300SLR is one helluva machine. Which is why you'll find a miniature version on my mantelpiece.

And one of my favourite automotive stories is the Stirling MOss-Denis Jenkinson Mille Miglia victory. I've read so much about this race, and about the car's developement in the hands of the great Rudolph Ulenhaut, supervised by Alfred Neubauer. Awesome!!
Old 21st January 2005, 01:45   #22
Senior - BHPian

i had a 300SLR keychain with actual working gullwing doors, got it from frankfurt when i was there for the automechanika, and would u believe it someone stole it a couple of months back and took my esteem's keys alongwith it from a valet parking :( thats what i call mighty unfortunate
Old 25th February 2005, 10:27   #23
BHPian

Though the 300 SLR is widely regarded as the world's first supercar, I would prefer the Lamborghini Miura. I mean..look at the styling of that car, and the power as well. THERE are s many things in that car I can talk about, but I guess u would know most of it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks