Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2005, 22:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

New Chevrolet Impala

Remember that big huge ugly Impala of yesteryears that was pretty famous in hindi movies of 1960's? Well, Chevrolet have launched the new Impala at the LA show.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 6th January 2005, 23:05   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

American cars just have so much character, and now they are adding a European flavor to themselves. Just cant help but admire the stance of this machine...except for the headlights and pseudo spoiler, its spot on.

GTO
Old 7th January 2005, 03:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

whoaa. i guess i shud go for this one .... just like my grandpa who owned an impala in his time.
Old 7th January 2005, 06:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

i have had the worst of experiences wid impalas ..since they r the most common rental cars ..once mi frend was driving n the car spun on a straight road at 70ks ..almost hitting a light pole .. reason ? thr was lite gravel on one side of the road ..we have changed the car 3 times for another car 4 times in 6 impala rentals .. the car slides and rolls like crazy ...Traction is almost the same wid the TCS on or off .. the interiors welll yuckkkkkk !! ..the new one looks better but i preferred the round tailights interiors r more appealing ,it will always remain a grandpa car ...altough the 240 bhp monte carlo SS engine mite be a relief from the other underpowered motors ... u guys mite wanna check out the new malibou ..

cheers
Old 7th January 2005, 09:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

The size of the Impala has decreased a L-O-T over the years. Seen a classic green Impala some time back, man they are Biggg! This new Impala looks like any other Chevy! Is this also gonna be used by cops in the American Continent??
This is the last generation Impala..probably a 2002-03

Last edited by Stratos : 7th January 2005 at 09:35.
Old 7th January 2005, 10:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos
This is the last generation Impala..probably a 2002-03
yes dats the last generation '04 impala ...they r already in use by the cops ..some r used as pursuit vehicles which r run by a supercharged engine .. otherwise it moves like an elephant .. its an example of a typical american family sedan ...
Old 7th January 2005, 10:37   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
i have had the worst of experiences wid impalas ..since they r the most common rental cars ..once mi frend was driving n the car spun on a straight road at 70ks ..almost hitting a light pole .. reason ? thr was lite gravel on one side of the road ..we have changed the car 3 times for another car 4 times in 6 impala rentals .. the car slides and rolls like crazy ...Traction is almost the same wid the TCS on or off .. the interiors welll yuckkkkkk !! ..the new one looks better but i preferred the round tailights interiors r more appealing ,it will always remain a grandpa car ...altough the 240 bhp monte carlo SS engine mite be a relief from the other underpowered motors ... u guys mite wanna check out the new malibou ..

cheers
Agree a lot with you. Have driven one of those rental cars. And yes its big. But Pretty average with every thing else.

Last edited by gkrishn : 7th January 2005 at 10:40.
Old 7th January 2005, 10:49   #8
Team-BHP Support

Boy, this is a disgrace to the Impalla name IMO. This looks like a typical Japmobile, especially the front which at first glance reminded me of the previous generation Mazda 626.

Rt
Old 7th January 2005, 10:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

Is it only me or does the interior of this new Impala look very similar to that of the Optra. Take a look

Optra

Impala

Anyways I dont like the front end of this car. Rear is pretty decent

Dippy
Old 7th January 2005, 15:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

it looks like a vectra when seen from the rear and the sides.
Old 7th January 2005, 15:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

To me, it looked like Lancer from Behind.

GTO, American cars have lot of character, yes! But they are no match in build quality and engineering when compared with German cars. Why, not even close to Japs. It is not very uncommon in US to have a Ford with leaking roof. I had a friend who had put a cardboard on the car floor so that water wouldn't seep inside His kids hated to go with him in his car. Of course, he loved it since it was his first car. His wife has a better Ford SUV though.
Old 7th January 2005, 21:20   #12
Team-BHP Support

The new Impala dosen't look bad at all. But, I fear it'll get lost in a parking lot because it looks like just about every other car. The old Impala was a car that truly stood out from the rest.
About a month ago I came across a well maintained 1960s' Impala at Hughes Road. Old it may have been, but, when the lights turned green all those guys in their Esteems and Zens found themselves eating its dust.

Last edited by Aditya : 8th January 2005 at 21:10.
Old 8th January 2005, 19:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hey,
Well,IMO it looks pretty average.Not a bit American.I was never all that fond of American cars,but just a few.This car looks good on papers,but in real it wud be a loser.
Looks like a rip-off.

X

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks