Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2008, 10:26   #1
BHPian

which is your fav show among these two ?

hey guys which is your fav show among these two

1. overhaullin
2. street customs

street customs is a show of custom cars by west coast customs which i think is better than overhaullin , because overhaullin has too much "drama" & less cars than street customs . both are on discovery travel & living channel . your views
Old 13th February 2008, 10:51   #2
BHPian

Speaking for myself, I prefer OverHaulin over StreetCustoms. I didn't fancy OverHaulin at first, but it's kinda grown on me ! The "A-team" show real passion for what they're doing & need I say anything about Foose ? The guys at WestCoastCustoms seem to have ponderous egos & for some reason I just hate that Ish guy.

Be that as it may, I would die for a few shops of such caliber here in Chennai. The professionalism, the extent & quality of work, the paint jobs, they're so lip-smackingly great.

P.S. - And let's admit it, who wouldn't want their car "OverHauled" by Foose ?
Old 13th February 2008, 11:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Overhaulin, Coz I haven't watched much of street customs.
Old 13th February 2008, 11:58   #4
OEM
BHPian

Without doubt "Overhauling"

[quote=skyline gtr r34;720905]hey guys which is your fav show among these two

1. overhaullin
2. street customs

street customs is a show of custom cars by west coast customs which i think is better than overhaullin , because overhaullin has too much "drama" & less cars than street customs . both are on discovery travel & living channel . your views[True . but then I have never been a fan of overtly gaudy looking cars. The plus point in overhauling is that the cars are restored to original glory - minus the ICE part. And the fat that it is restoration jobs. As for Street customs, it would help if they kep the bikering and egos out of the show and concetrate on teh cars. Personally, I think Street customs is for guys with new machines and tonnes of cash and don;t know what to do with either]
Old 13th February 2008, 12:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well i prefwer overhauling as the kind of work done is actually better as in the external looks and the design part is given criteria. Street customs is hosted by the same team which does pimp my ride. Well too much of ice and too much of drama and ego clashes come to fore. the exteriors are not wat is concentrated on and the interiors are filled with gadgets. Nothing great about the show only thing is that they keep showing 1 or the other celeb like shaq
Old 13th February 2008, 13:11   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys - this I must reply.

Overhaulin' anytime because they give new life to cars, and the emotions on the owners' face when their world changes forever are worth watching. That's what I want to see and do with cars.

I have been lucky I guess - I have given a new lease of life to "my" (after I bought it in August 2006) 1964 model Fiat MRY3112. I did what Foose does and I am taking the liberty of saying so for the first time today. I just open the door of my garage in Nasik (where I have parked my car as I have a parking problem in Mumbai) remove the car cover and just look at my car for sometime. Then I feel good. Isn't this we are all looking for ? Please share your views further.

Best regards to you all,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2008, 13:35   #7
BHPian

I completely agree with Mr. Behram on this for unlike West coast, Overhaulin folks are more into what the name of the show suggests.

It's a total revamp of the car and not about just pimping a ride or to make it look out of this world.

My vote goes for Overhaulin.
Old 13th February 2008, 14:07   #8
BHPian

Both are well made,..with a team which exhibits clean class, and dedication.

I would given them both 50:50 !

What gives a bit of an edge to overhaulin was Chip Foose's free hand sketches,..which was a treat in itself.

I am glad no-one got Pimp my ride into the equation,..cos that was too over the top for me...some down right trash !!

Last edited by Torque-ative : 13th February 2008 at 14:15.
Old 13th February 2008, 14:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

My pick is Over-Hauling. I love the way Chip Foose designs the cars on paper 1st before implementing it.
Old 13th February 2008, 14:18   #10
BHPian

I like any show on cars.

Street customs deals with new cars, mostly, and owners often are celebrities who probably own many nice cars. The distinctive feature of this show is that cars are often modified, eg. from 4 door to 2 door. This never happens on overhaulin'.

What I like about overhaulin' is that the cars are cherished by their owners. So the "loss" of the car shows their feelings, which we can all identify with. From then on, the pranks aside, I never cease to be amazed by chip foose's work at the drawing board. And to do all the work in a week is amazing. Its also great to see an old worn out jalopy get a new lease of life.

The cars selected for the overhaul are nice cars, but you see more of modification on Street customs.

So, I am unable to decide which show I like better.
Old 13th February 2008, 14:20   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

OT: of all the time i spend on tbhp, i don't get time to watch tv too much. I reckon i should check these shows out soon.
Old 13th February 2008, 14:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

How about PIMP MY RIDE ?? on VH1. It's also a pretty cool show
Old 13th February 2008, 15:10   #13
BHPian

Overhaulin any time because i dont watch the other show.

i have admired Chip foose right form the first time i saw him because of his down to earth nature and personalised touch he adds to the overall show.

he takes into consideration all about the person who is to be overhauled so that it can percolate down in his design.

the team and the way they work is too good.

so it is overhaulin for me.

Mansi
Old 13th February 2008, 15:24   #14
BANNED

overhaullin anytime !
Old 13th February 2008, 15:40   #15
BHPian

ovehaulin any day of the week

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks