Team-BHP - Top Gear challenge: Nissan GT-R vs. Audi R8
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Top Gear challenge: Nissan GT-R vs. Audi R8 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/35629-top-gear-challenge-nissan-gt-r-vs-audi-r8-2.html)

GTR all the way for me clap:

More for the love of the old generation 32s AND 34s than for anything elsecheers:

On a serious note I would pick the GTR over the R8 and not like Mr. Clarkson who I believe went the other way probably because the R8 is European :deadhorse

nissan GTR. Audi looks too loud. According to GTR, it has no competition. That's ought to be true. but the top gear liked the R8. ofcourse german stuff!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellspawn (Post 725494)
Actually Nissan engineers claim that the new gtr engine is pretty difficult to work on mechanically and doesnt have the reserves of the RBseries engines.

Not just the engine, I beleive even aftermarket rims throw up some warning lights on the dash. Another restrictive feature in the new skyline is its ability to recognize race tracks. After the system detects that you have been on a race track you have to go in for a $1000 check to make sure everything on the car is ok. If you dont get the check up done they might void your warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R (Post 725528)
So according to the blabber posted up by the Nissan Engineers, that the new GT-R doesnt have power reserves, a simple fuel and oil upgrade upped around 47 bhp increase.

Simply changing the oil and fuel upped the power by 47? I somehow find that hard to believe. Was the car dynoed before the oil and fuel were changed? Also maybe the Skyline has more power than advertised as was also the case with some other Japanese cars.

the r8. price is a stinger though as compared to the GT-R.

We all know what Clarkson would pick.

And we all know what WE would pick :D

Bring on better competition, Clarkie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 725691)
Simply changing the oil and fuel upped the power by 47? I somehow find that hard to believe. Was the car dynoed before the oil and fuel were changed? Also maybe the Skyline has more power than advertised as was also the case with some other Japanese cars.

exactly.the evo was advertised to have 280ps but a dyno graph showed a factory stock car producing 320ps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 725691)

AFAIK all the RB blocks are quoted at much lower power in the Owners Manual and Specifications. My RB20dett shows 180 on book and at the Nissan service centre showed 215 that to an engine which is over 15 yrs old.
So i guess to pass the clearnce norms of the west they either detune according the Ron fuel ratings.