Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2011, 00:45   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_boom

30L is not that crazy except the fact that the Indian consumer has a mindset against expensive hatches ( chhoti gaadi line of thought )
Come on, didn't the grand old company give us a 50L Evo, which btw is a pain to drive in the city.
But do you know how many Evo HM has managed to sell so far? I doubt they have sold more than 25 Evos.

It does not make sense for VW to bring Scirocco in for 25+ lacs price region. Keep in mind, they also have to provide A.S.S to the prospective owners and it will be painful for a company to provide a.s.s to small number of cars.
Old 30th August 2011, 08:41   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Any scoop on if / when the VW Scirocco is being launched in India??

Personally, I think VW Scirocco is THE BEST LOOKING HATCH in the world. I just love that wide, low and menacing stance of this beast.

Isn't there a remote chance of getting Scirocco with may be a 1.2TSI Heart by VW India? Im sure VW would burn more than just roads under this hatch!!
Old 30th August 2011, 10:13   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_boom View Post
It's more than just a fancy Golf VB. I know they share the headlights but just look at that fine rear
It looks awesome, no doubt, but once you’re in the front seat, it’s so identical to the Golf. Even the engines are same. And being a fancy Golf is not a bad thing – Golf is an exceptionally good car
Old 30th August 2011, 19:10   #19
Senior - BHPian

The Sirocco, if at all it gets launched, will be priced on par or higher than the Jetta. How many hatchbacks/small cars are ever sold in India at that price except the fancy beetle and fiat 500 - practically none. I don't expect VW to launch their large hatchbacks ever in India.
Old 23rd April 2013, 08:29   #20
M35
BHPian

Re: The VW Scirocco

This beauty was found zooming past me for some time and couldn’t take pictures then. Finally spotted it being parked near my apartment.
The VW Scirocco-.jpg

The VW Scirocco-b.jpg

The VW Scirocco-c.jpg
M35 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:16   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
This beauty was found zooming past me for some time and couldn’t take pictures then. Finally spotted it being parked near my apartment.
You can find many VW Sciroccos in China right. I saw many during my visit there. Here's one that I clicked.
Attached Thumbnails
The VW Scirocco-img01146201110280509.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:29   #22
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
You can find many VW Sciroccos in China right. I saw many during my visit there. Here's one that I clicked.
Yes. China should the biggest market for VW.I also read that the Volkswagen Scirocco GTS has been designed for the Chinese market along with the European.
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:18   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Yes. China should the biggest market for VW.I also read that the Volkswagen Scirocco GTS has been designed for the Chinese market along with the European.
Scirocco GTS was showcased in the Leipzig Auto Show last year, and went on sale in the UK earlier this year. Its basically a special edition variant based on the Scirocco R.

By the way, the next gen Scirocco is expected somewhere in 2015. Apparently it will be completely different from the current one, with a reworked design/body-style.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:47   #24
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Scirocco GTS was showcased in the Leipzig Auto Show last year, and went on sale in the UK earlier this year. Its basically a special edition variant based on the Scirocco R.

By the way, the next gen Scirocco is expected somewhere in 2015. Apparently it will be completely different from the current one, with a reworked design/body-style.
I am yet to see the GTS variant in China though.

Quote:
The 2013 Volkswagen Scirocco GTS presented with a sporty special edition. The Scirocco GTS refers to the previous production, which is based Scirocco II. Characteristic possessed by the car, the interior and exterior models have sporty style. VW Scirocco GTS debuted at the 2012 Leipzig Motor Show. This car is specially designed for Chinese and European markets.
source:http://automotorcar.com/volkswagen/2...n-scirocco-gts
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2013, 13:37   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

New VW Scirocco: Not Before 2017.

Name:  newvwscirocconotbefore2017700777.png
Views: 2961
Size:  368.8 KB

The power of the 2.0 TSI is raised from 210 to 230 hp, at the same time peak torque grows from 280 to 370 Nm. The 1.4 TSI has 122 hp instead of 125 in the future, the version with 160 hp will probably be replaced by a 180-hp 1.8-liter engine.

The diesel engines of 140 to put on 150 and from 177 to 184 hp. The new version will mobilize at least 300 horsepower compared to the current Scirocco R is an increase of 35 hp.In 2014, the first Scirocco gets a facelift with a slightly different In 2014, the first Scirocco gets a facelift with a slightly different look, more assistance systems and optimized Euro 6 engines.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ne...017-70077.html

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st November 2013 at 13:46.
Old 18th April 2015, 11:43   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen has unveiled the Scirocco GTS facelift.
The VW Scirocco-2015vwsciroccogtsisa220hpgolfgtialternativephotogallery_2.jpg

The distinctive two-tone grey paintjob coupled with GTS badging help it stand out. The new Scirocco also has fresh 18-inch Norwich alloys, with19-inch Lugano ones being available as well.
The VW Scirocco-2015vwsciroccogtsisa220hpgolfgtialternativephotogallery_4.jpg

Under the bonnet, a new 2-liter turbo engine. It makes 220 PS, now boasts the same power output as a Golf 7 GTI. Coupled to a 6-speed manual gearbox or optional DSG, it allows the hot coupe to hit 62 mph (100 km/h) in 6.5 seconds before topping out at 244 km/h (246 km/h).l

The VW Scirocco-2015vwsciroccogtsisa220hpgolfgtialternativephotogallery_6.jpg
Apart from grey Volkswagen also offers the Scirocco GTS in Flash Red, Pure White, Oryx White and Deep Black. The cabin shows quite a few elements from the latest Golfs, including a multi-functional flat-bottomed steering wheel.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...ry-94498.html#
Old 23rd August 2017, 07:50   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Scirocco to be reborn as hot electric coupe.

The VW Scirocco-vw_scirocco__front_watermarked.jpg

Quote:
The first I.D. – a Golf-sized family hatch – is due in 2020, and it’ll be another couple of years after that before for the sportier Scirocco-style variant .
The VW Scirocco-vw_scirocco__front_detail_watermarked.jpg
The VW Scirocco-vw_scirocco__rear_watermarked.jpg
The VW Scirocco-vw_scirocco__rear_detail_watermarked.jpg

Quote:
The Volkswagen Scirocco will be reinvented as a sporty two-door EV coupe for its next generation, and it will be based on the company’s new all-electric MEB platform, Auto Express can reveal.

Scirocco EV will share many of its components with VW’s forthcoming I.D. family of pure-electric cars. That will allow the new model to keep the current car’s compact dimensions and offer vastly improved interior space.
link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks