Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2005, 17:51   #1

Boxter vs Z4 vs SLK... Magazine scans

Hi guys,
these are magazine scans from autocar uk and as u can see the winner is boxter!!
....but my personel choice is the slk, its that to see it in the real world its stunning(a lot better than u see in pics) and its permormance is the best in this trio... whether its acceleration or in gear performance. also the fact that its quality is great and its ride comfort..
i love porsche's and i even love the boxter but this new model boxter looks dull to me.
what do u all bhpians think?

Old 29th January 2005, 21:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Even my choice is the Boxster, its better than the two if u consider overall performace and handling of the car.
Old 29th January 2005, 21:54   #3
BHPian

I owned both slk and z4 but not my type of cars??

Didnt know abt a loser Porshe I meant Boxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxyyyy

Moderator Note: Try and keep posts meaningful

Last edited by Revvmaster : 30th January 2005 at 22:10.
Old 1st February 2005, 14:04   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
Even my choice is the Boxster, its better than the two if u consider overall performace and handling of the car.
i select the slk coz that am not a person who loves track racing... but i love in drags and drives in the autobahns where handling is not the major issue...
Old 3rd February 2005, 18:16   #5
BHPian

looks-id say the Boxter n Z4 hav got sm clever curves,the SLK looks good,but the F1 nose doesnot suit it,cause it doesnot perform like a F1 car,js like the Enzo,neither of them have got the real genes of a F1 car.
Performance-out of the 3,nthin really like the Boxter,well the SLK comes close but not enough to make you feel what a Boxter does.
Old 4th February 2005, 17:47   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolader
looks-id say the Boxter n Z4 hav got sm clever curves,the SLK looks good,but the F1 nose doesnot suit it,cause it doesnot perform like a F1 car,js like the Enzo,neither of them have got the real genes of a F1 car.
Performance-out of the 3,nthin really like the Boxter,well the SLK comes close but not enough to make you feel what a Boxter does.
i find the boxter a bit boring now.. as i could not find much visual change that was needed... slk is sexiest, z4 also looks good.
Old 4th February 2005, 20:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolader
May be I am missing something...Going by the specs, SLK beats Boxster in performance in every aspect. (0-30. 0-60, 0-100, 1/4mile)
Old 10th February 2005, 17:55   #8
BHPian

well wat bout a circuit ???? RX135
Old 10th February 2005, 18:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
May be I am missing something...Going by the specs, SLK beats Boxster in performance in every aspect. (0-30. 0-60, 0-100, 1/4mile)
RX, the specs you look at, only gives you straight line performance. Torquey engines, compared to freely strung Porsche engines, would mean that the SLK edges ahead in a sobreity test. What these figures don't tell you is, the amount of information you get through a Boxster's seat and steering is overwhelming. It also doesn't tell you how everything works with a weapons grade sort of precision. It also doesn't tell you how the last gen Boxster inspite of being a 8 year old design, still taught the SLK a lesson in driving dynamics.
CAR UK once said, the SLK will do as good as the Boxster most of the time, all you probably ever need. As long as you know that every Boxster that passes you is a better car.
Old 11th February 2005, 17:12   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head
RX, the specs you look at, only gives you straight line performance. Torquey engines, compared to freely strung Porsche engines, would mean that the SLK edges ahead in a sobreity test. What these figures don't tell you is, the amount of information you get through a Boxster's seat and steering is overwhelming. It also doesn't tell you how everything works with a weapons grade sort of precision. It also doesn't tell you how the last gen Boxster inspite of being a 8 year old design, still taught the SLK a lesson in driving dynamics.
CAR UK once said, the SLK will do as good as the Boxster most of the time, all you probably ever need. As long as you know that every Boxster that passes you is a better car.
oh yes... i completely agree with u. on a circuit the boxter will trash the slk by a big margin as its driving dynamics are much better than the slk... still i have to say that the new slk is a much improved car.
Old 11th February 2005, 17:27   #11
BANNED

holla

definetely the slk specs are much better but they have only been refined after a look at the ol good boxter

comparing the father with son sort of eh

but getting back to sense the slk now does make a lot better car than the boxter
Old 13th February 2005, 11:38   #12
BHPian

Nirvana,yes the Slk is surely improved by a big margin,it cld be said that its changed frm feminine to masculine,it looks so much more aggressive,huge performance difference etc.......but when compared to the Boxster,its like a huge block of ice that splits into 2 n rolls slowly into the water,sure the Slk is a desirable car,but this segment belongs to the Boxster for long,n to snatch the crown away from it is surely goin 2 require a lot from the Slk.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks