Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2008, 21:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Its a movie guys, it supposed to be entertaining.
For real action and real tuning & stuff, go watch some reality shows
Personally, i like F&F. Pretty fun too watch.
Id love to get a sneak preview at this one.
I'd rather watch NOPI tuner vision than F&F. Its shorter and has more eye candy. Sometimes the storyline is better too.

Last edited by ananthkamath : 23rd March 2008 at 21:47.
Old 24th March 2008, 00:58   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze View Post
Exactly its supposed to be entertaining... and not full of trashy cars like the ones above.
Watch it mostly for the story and the driving. Thats the entertainment. The cars are just eye candy and if there are good cars, it's a bonus. And each of the series has always had a good car.

In fact, how many of us knew what a SUPRA was until the first F&F.
The other cars like the SKYLINE and the EVO and muscle cars like the Viper, Corvette, american muscle cars and the ferrari scene in the boat lot in 2F2F are amazing eye candy.
Finally end with Tokyo drift - REd Viper, EVO and Nissan 350Z.

I dont think any of these had "TRASHY" cars and you cant comment on the next movie till you see it. Those cars, liked mentioned, are for a get together scene. Like in extras. Im sure they will have kickass cars for the central characters.

In fact, this movie has also contributed a lot towards enthusiasts and car modifications in our country.

Last edited by Xehaust : 24th March 2008 at 01:00.
Old 24th March 2008, 03:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

well this is just one part right or shooting for a scene or two right? just wait patiently for the movie to be released and then comment say what?
Old 24th March 2008, 05:11   #19
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think any of these had "TRASHY" cars and you cant comment on the next movie till you see it. Those cars, liked mentioned, are for a get together scene. Like in extras. Im sure they will have kickass cars for the central characters.
Just like i said Rider
Old 24th March 2008, 05:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

I am sure they wont let us down guys.It should be a killer one this time.Anyways thumps up to the creater of F&F.lol.
ram
Old 24th March 2008, 12:45   #21
BHPian

Why did they have to do this to the BMW..and why are all the cars made to look that silly..what's with the spider man thing..why..why..why do people do such things..
Old 24th March 2008, 13:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

The first part and tokyo drif was good. Well different people have different tastes so why to argue about it. I will wait for the movie rather than watching pictures of it.
Old 24th March 2008, 20:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
In fact, how many of us knew what a SUPRA was until the first F&F.
Speak for yourself dude and not for everyone. Either way my argument isn't about this at all.

Quote:
I dont think any of these had "TRASHY" cars and you cant comment on the next movie till you see it.
Read carefully my friend, i'm commenting on the cars (the post) that started this topic.

Quote:
In fact, this movie has also contributed a lot towards enthusiasts and car modifications in our country.
The F&F series is like "Shuto Kousuko Max" left overs.
If you really want to see Jap tuner movie. watch Shuto Kousuko. Some serious cars in that. Either way its upto each individual what he/she thinks. I think F&F is rice....make that fried rice.
Old 24th March 2008, 20:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
I'd rather watch NOPI tuner vision than F&F. Its shorter and has more eye candy. Sometimes the storyline is better too.
LOLLL...seriously. I have to agree on that one! Honestly I think the audiences for F&F and NOPI are pretty much the same!
Old 26th March 2008, 07:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Speak for yourself dude and not for everyone. Either way my argument isn't about this at all.
Read carefully my friend, i'm commenting on the cars (the post) that started this topic.
Well, i misunderstood, i thought you were referring to the cars in all the F&F movies. As for the Supra thingy, when i said "most of us", i dint refer to every1, most of us means the people who hadnt heard of the Supra. You needed to read carefully too hehe

Quote:
Either way its upto each individual what he/she thinks.
I think, lets just leave it at that. No use arguing, no one is going to gain anything from it. What say?
To each, his own.
Old 26th March 2008, 13:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

i really dont know why FF3 came it- it seemed to be a sequal to serve as a filler between the actual sequal.
FF2 was sadder- when they tried to put in a storyline.
FF1 was half decent. There was a bit of possible truth to it, but the others were WAAAY too much.
Hope FF4 does not dissapoint.
Old 30th March 2008, 02:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
i really dont know why FF3 came it- it seemed to be a sequal to serve as a filler between the actual sequal.
I guess because it brought in a different genre of racing to the F&F brand - drifting. It also reached out to the biggest (?) market for street racing, Japan.
Calling it just "Tokyo Drift" would have probably sold less tickets than by having the F&F tag behind it.
Looking forward to Part 4. Hope it's better than the last 2
Old 30th March 2008, 06:48   #28
BHPian

I'm actually looking forward to this movie. Although the choice of actors for the last movie was pretty appalling, except for the girl. Southern accents don't always work in car movies, especially the ones based in Japan.

Anyway, if you actually listen to any of the technical stuff they say in these movies, it's all wrong and actually quite funny. So just watch it for the cars and the driving.

Btw one of the best movies ever made on drifting is Initial D. People on this forum who haven't watched it should definitely get the DVD.
Old 30th March 2008, 16:20   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri View Post

Btw one of the best movies ever made on drifting is Initial D. People on this forum who haven't watched it should definitely get the DVD.
Spot on, completely agree with you here, they just finished the telecast of stage one here in India yesterday. Must say the show is quite technical, there are even close-ups of the driver's foot-pedals overtime he does a drift. In fact I could never imagine a corolla to be so well equipped before Initial D. LSD , rear wheel drive 130 PS from a 1.6 DOHC the works. Only if we could have had an AE86 in India. Sujay do you where we can get a DVD of this in India.

Coming back to the topic yes compared to the above FF seems like all show and no go but still the last one in the series must be appreciated for making a larger audience aware of the touge style of racing, although Initial D showcased this much before anyone else. I must add though I quite liked the
one of the dialogues of the film
"When you drive there is no past , no future , no problems"
Kinda echoes with my philosophy.
Old 30th March 2008, 16:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
The first part and tokyo drif was good. Well different people have different tastes so why to argue about it. I will wait for the movie rather than watching pictures of it.
I liked the first drift race in Tokyo Drift. The way the whole scene was shot. Amazing ! The only part bad about the movie was that the hero doesnt have the personality of a racer .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks