Team-BHP - Unleash Saleen 2005
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Unleash Saleen 2005 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/3744-unleash-saleen-2005-a.html)

[font=Times New Roman]Thought the Enzo was Fast ?![/font]

[size=5][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size]
[font=Times New Roman] [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Introduction:[/font]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]Back in 2001, Saleen, a relatively unknown name amongst super car builders unveiled their S7 super car. Its beastly performance instantly drew the attention of petrol-heads throughout the world. Back then it was America’s only supercar to boast 550 bhp(brake horsepower) and 712 Nm(Newton-meter) of torque which translated to a top whack of 315 kph(kilometers/hour). Saleen built and sold quite a number of them. Some were later modified by their private owners and taken to track races where this car again won top honours, most notably in the gruelling 24 hour Le Mans race. This car, with its outlandish dimensions was a piece of art. Extensive detail to aerodynamics meant the car could theoretically do 200 kph upside down. All was going well for Saleen until the Europeans raised their heads. [/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman] [/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]What followed was a train of supercars from some of Europe’s most prestigious brands that redefined 300 kph as “walking pace”. Power figures of 500 bhp were considered “normal”. Lamborghini’s Murcielago(2002) and Porsche’s Carrera GT(2003) did 330 kph. The Mercedes Mclaren SLR(2003) did 334 kph while the Ferrari Enzo(2002) and Pagani Zonda C12 S 7.3 (2002) did 350+ kph. Power figures were also well above 600 bhp. These European powerhouses not only stole the coveted “fastest production car worldwide” title but also threatened to dent Saleen’s sales and profit figures. Saleen’s engineers had to respond.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]In an attempt to wrench back the title from Europe, Saleen unveiled their ‘S7 Twin Turbo’ at the Los Angeles motor show in January 2005.[/font][/size]

[font=Times New Roman]Under the Covers[size=3]:[/size][/font]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]Visually similar to the S7, the engineers have worked hard beneath its smooth, taut skin to produce some truly awesome performance figures. The biggest difference is in the heart itself. The new all aluminium V8 engine has been fitted with two, twin ball-bearing, water cooled Saleen-Garrett turbos that increase power to 750 bhp complemented with an increased 950 Nm of raw torque. To give you rookies an idea, the Pajero in comparison produces a measly 118 bhp and only 29.7 Nm of torque. All this power is laid down on the tarmac using Michelin PS2 tires and kept under control by Brembo’s 6 piston aluminium calipers coupled with 15 inch brake discs. Although not tested, these figures suggest a top speed in excess of 390 kph thus making this car the fastest production car in the world, the Mclaren F1 included![/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]The TT(Twin Turbo) Being an all out performance car, Saleen has not looked at the cost of manufacture of this jewel. The TT uses exotic materials including carbon fiber bodywork, beryllium exhaust valves, titanium retainers and an abundance of aluminium. All these materials ensure high performance and reliability at the same time minimizing that all important kerb weight of the car. The TT weighs a mere 1338 kgs. That’s half the weight of a Scorpio and only 200 kgs heavier than the Hyundai Accent.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]The chassis and suspension have also undergone some tweaking resulting in greater stability during fast cornering and also limiting the dive and squat characteristics of the car during acceleration and braking.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]Aerodynamics of the car have also been improved resulting in a 40% reduction in drag while simultaneously increasing downforce by 60%. This is largely due to the ground effects of the sculpted “full-tray” design seen on the underneath of the car. To sum up, as the car goes faster, it gets pulled towards the road surface more and more. This technology is commonly seen in Formula1 cars. [/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]Coming to the interiors, owners will be treated to all the creature comforts seen in an executive sedan. The driver’s seat is also placed closer to the center of the car than the passenger’s. This arrangement offers greater ergonomics to the driver.[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]The cost of this exotic machine will be approximately $555,000 or 2.6 crore rupees. This is still cheaper compared to the Enzo’s $655000.[/font][/size]

[font=Times New Roman]Conclusion:[/font]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]The TT’s roost however stands under threat. Europe’s German-built Bugatti EB 16/4 Veyron to be released in 2005 is said to boast 1001 bhp and 1250 Nm of torque and a top speed of 406 kph! The current title holder is the famed Swedish Koenigsegg CCR offers 806 bhp, 920 Nm of torque and boasts a top speed of 395 kph(tested) ! [/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]As we advance in time, there are going to be even faster, better performing cars. [/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]On a concluding note, I feel that although these extreme machines theoretically need petrol to propel them forward, the real fuel will always be man’s everlasting desire for more power that is truly going to fuel the creation of such extravagant projects in the future. [/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]-Ameya[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman][/font][/size]

whoa..! another whoa...thats some extreme machine

Please provide the link from where you have taken the information

Quote:

Originally Posted by ameya
[font=Times New Roman]Thought the Enzo was Fast ?![/font]

[size=5][/size]

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]The TT’s roost however stands under threat. Europe’s German-built Bugatti EB 16/4 Veyron to be released in 2005 is said to boast 1001 bhp and 1250 Nm of torque and a top speed of 406 kph! The current title holder is the famed Swedish Koenigsegg CCR offers 806 bhp, 920 Nm of torque and boasts a top speed of 395 kph(tested) ! [/font][/size]

[size=3][/size]

[size=3][/size]

[size=3][/size]

veyron 16.4 is a beast ..i checkout out the car on the website ..
it has a W16 engine wid 4 turbos ...the transmission is clutchless and the power delivered within 0.2 secs of the gear shift !!!!!

i thought the mclaren F1 record still stood at 400 kmph ?

cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover

400???? Its 381 kmph isnt it??? please:

Secondly I remember that the Chevrolet Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette did 402 kmphand so did the Dauer 962 LeMans!

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover

386.7kph (240.1mph) was the record.

Quote:

Secondly I remember that the Chevrolet Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette did 402 kmphand so did the Dauer 962 LeMans!
But they dont really fall under the category of "production road cars".

cya
R

I read that the S7 TT is capable of 0-100 in 2.8 seconds and a quarter mile time of just over 10 seconds. That is incredible. The S7 is $555,000 which as Ameya said is cheaper than the Enzo and the Maserati, and not to mention, the Enzo is incredibly hard to purchase and is getting more expensive as a second hand car. Saleen is trying to put America on the Supercar bandwagon and is doing a pretty good job of it.

Ofcourse the S7TT isn't at powerful as the CCR or the Veyron, but those cars are way more expensive and the Veyron is taking longer and longer to come into production.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Prashanth

my apologies
koenigsegg got worlds "most powerful" production car for its 806bhp.
fastest is dauer LM. im not sure if the corvette sledgehammer was a production car. Dauer was .they produced 50 of them

Mclaren's top speed is 391 kmph. I have the official video.

Shan2nu

hi shan2nu
pl send me the video
ameya.karmarkar@gmail

here's the video, it's 3.xx MB.

Mclaren F1 - 391kmph record run

Shan2nu

hi
that was one awesome video
pl. send me more sounds ,if you have any. i love to hear the engines screaming

i have tons of car sounds, will post them sometime.

Quote:

hi
that was one awesome video
pl. send me more sounds ,if you have any. i love to hear the engines screaming
I'll see if i can find the links to the Mclaren vids from Top Gear and 5th Gear.

Try this - http://64.246.54.65/rf_videos/road_t...reatestCar.wmv

Shan2nu

hi islero
please do post them. thanks