Scoop: 2008 Nissan Teana full redesign revealed-nsntten1.jpg  

Scoop: 2008 Nissan Teana full redesign revealed-nsntten2.jpg  

Scoop: 2008 Nissan Teana full redesign revealed-nsntten3.jpg  

Scoop: 2008 Nissan Teana full redesign revealed-nsntten4.jpg  

Scoop: 2008 Nissan Teana full redesign revealed-nsntten5.jpg  

Scoop: 2008 Nissan Teana full redesign revealed-nsntten6.jpg  

Old 7th April 2008, 21:39   #2
BHPian

IMHO front looks wierd and out of proportion. Interiors are also pretty dull and new accord looks more exciting and stylish in comparison to this design.
i find the current teana to be better looking than this one.
nice scoop though!
Old 7th April 2008, 21:52   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Niicer but still ugly imo.

It still doesn't appeal to me at all, its an old mans sedan. Although being driven around in it would be comfy.
Old 7th April 2008, 21:58   #4
BHPian

yikes ! This segment cars should have an attraction, an appeal, a charisma, but this still doesn't. Look at those headlights!
Old 7th April 2008, 22:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

I cant digest the headlamps. It looks like the designer had taken broken lights and attached it . Rear bumper also looks awkward. Nissan could have done a better job !
Old 7th April 2008, 22:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

IMHO the current Teana is my fav. it looks much much better than this one,as everyone said the front looks unproportional..I still don't know how much do this car cost ...anyone???
Old 7th April 2008, 22:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
.....and new accord looks more exciting and stylish in comparison to this design.
i find the current teana to be better looking than this one.
nice scoop though!
On your first point, I dont really know man. IMO the coolcabs look more exciting than the new Accord.

On your second point, I totally agree with that !! The current Teana has a huge sense of occasion and massive presense atleast upfront.

But I think this new design is quite good looking as well. It reminds me of the new Infinitis which are extremely good looking, and if this is proportioned similar to those, then it is most definitely good looking. I am of the opinion that these pictures are not the best representatives of the true shape, dimensions and proportions of the car. Thanks for the pictures nonetheless!!
Old 8th April 2008, 00:41   #8
Senior - BHPian

Looks a lot like the Infiniti M35. Not very exciting,to see a total blend of different cars in one. Some of the features are so typical of the Q45.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: 2008 Nissan Teana full redesign revealed-infiniti_m35.jpg  

Old 8th April 2008, 01:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

I notice this trend that most of the car makers have started to make all their cars across different segments look almost the same or like smaller clones of their top of the segment cars.
I noticed this from the Skoda. For a lesser trained eye, the Octavia looks like the Superb, looks like the Laura. Specially the superb and the Laura.
Then the BMW did it with similar lines across the 3, 5 and the 7 series. Although I must admit that the similarity here is in the mininal, but they are similar. Even the X-5 front looks very similar.
Toyota wowed us with the new Camry and is now launching in India the Corolla, which looks like the smaller Camry.
Mercedes which introduced the brilliant S and the similar C is doing the same with the E. They all took some design similarities from the Maybach.
Even look at Audi's A4, 6 and 8.
The New Mercedes S class even looks like the Bangled BMW. It shares a similar electronic gear stick and even the I-Drive which is incorporated even in the Audi (is there something specifically German about the I-Drive?)
My point is that across their segments even different car companies are making similar looking cars.
The new Teana from the side and rear looks similar to the New Camry. Notice the rear lights which sort of wrap around in a bulge.
The New Accord looks like the already old Sonata. Infact you couold mistake them to be the same car from the rear.
In my book the Teana is a great car, whose looks one has to adjust to. a total value for money package. Paisa Vasool!! Its a CBU, cheaper than the New Camry, the Superb, the VW (not in the segment and still more expensive) and i believe the new Accord too, whose prices have not been announced. It has a V6 engine and oodles of space to sink into the sofa like rear seats. One cant expect Porsche handling from these luxury yatchs but its no Lincoln Towncar either.
If im was looking for a car in that bracket, I would go for the Teana for sure.
Hmmmm??!!
Old 8th April 2008, 11:48   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Man, what is it with Nissan and their weird designs? Just like the current gen Teana, this one is going to be a love-it-or-hate-it too!

Quote:
The New Mercedes S class even looks like the Bangled BMW. It shares a similar electronic gear stick and even the I-Drive which is incorporated even in the Audi (is there something specifically German about the I-Drive?)
My point is that across their segments even different car companies are making similar looking cars.
I concur, and will add that its extremely unfortunate. The S-Class is one of my all time favorite cars, and it hurts to see that the W221 is not as timeless a design as the W220, W140 or the W126. Even 30 years from the time of introduction, a well-maintained W126 still is a head turner. Do you think the W221 will garner the same response in Y2035?
Old 8th April 2008, 18:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The New Accord looks like the already old Sonata. Infact you couold mistake them to be the same car from the rear.
You mean from the front, dont you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
....and it hurts to see that the W221 is not as timeless a design as the W220, W140 or the W126.
I totally agree. The W220 is one of my all time favourites, ever. Now THAT was elegance personnified.
Old 17th April 2008, 18:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

source :autoincar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks