Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2004, 00:51   #1
BHPian

Here are the Mercedes Benz S-classes tuned by both Brabus and Carlsson. Which one are you gonna take to the night to the club?

Brabus S V12

Carlsson S CK50

Old 13th May 2004, 01:03   #2
BHPian

I think I would like the calrson front bumper on my brabus and have ps2 and xbox installed instead of the printer and stuff and then take that to the night club

but if i have to spend close to 150k$ then i might as well do this in a aston martin or a continental GT...a little sportier for the night club dont u think

but ofcourse between the 2 brabus with a little mod would be my pick...

L8r
Old 13th May 2004, 01:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

None!!

Standard S600! but since thts not an option ... nevermind!
Old 13th May 2004, 02:53   #4
Senior - BHPian

The Brabus though I wish it would have the huge tri pointed star on the grille
Old 13th May 2004, 03:01   #5
Team-BHP Support

I don't exactly love the current S Class, but, the Brabus in all its black clothing looks very mean and aggressive. Its wheels are very sporty looking too. Funds permitting, that's the one I would take.
Old 13th May 2004, 10:56   #6
Team-BHP Support

If i had to choose only between the two, the brabus would be my choice.
I agree with dippy that it needs a big 3 pointed star on the grill!, but they have kept it kind of understated.

Also, i have been wanting to ask what your opinions are about carlsson and other such modifiers taking off the three pointed star and replacing it with their (stupid :P ) logos !?

cya
R
Old 13th May 2004, 11:26   #7
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Also, i have been wanting to ask what your opinions are about carlsson and other such modifiers taking off the three pointed star and replacing it with their (stupid :P ) logos !?
A BIG NO.

Exterior-wise the Brabus SV12 doesnt have anything else modded other than the wheels.
Old 13th May 2004, 14:58   #8
BHPian

Exterior-wise the Brabus SV12 doesnt have anything else modded other than the wheels.

You have got it wrong dude. The Brabus has front and rear bumpers added on and also a 4 pipe silencer.
Old 13th May 2004, 15:36   #9
Senior - BHPian

funds permitting i would always wonder if i would even consider any of these. but, ill take the Brabus. ever since ive seen the old gen SL500 with a 7.3 L V12 lump in it, im in love with their work. so the Brabus it is, and the alloys are just a work of art.

as far as their logos are considered, i dont think i mind it. these tuners do such extensve work on the cars, they have a different character than the original one. its like a new individual. and i guess everybody has a right to name their creation. but then again, everybody does it, RUF, Hartge, Brabus, Carlsson. so i guess nobody really minds it. hell, even DC does it, when he doesn't even get under the skin.
Old 14th May 2004, 08:35   #10
Team-BHP Support

Hey Phead,

Thats what they say about RUFs...these cars arent porsches, they are RUFs.
But in my opinion it is like buying shoes from "A" and using shoe polish from "B" and then re-branding the shoes with "B". I agree that the after tuners do put in a LOT of work, but in comparison to how much work was put into the original car its only a small percentage.
But its interesting to know that you are ok with it coz i was wondering what the opposing view would be.

cya
R

ps - i am talking abt TOTALLY removing the OCM's logo, brabus etc sometimes keep the logo on, like the 3pointer on the front grill, as opposed to carlsson who replace it with that horse!#@?? cya

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks