Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 13:03   #16

So finally we get to see the face of Mr.RPMPKDMFF. lol. Great write up. And lovely pictures. I love the White interior
Old 24th April 2008, 01:58   #17
BHPian

The Chevrolet Corvette

Thanks for all the feedback guys... here is a tiny write up on the Vette, sorry for not making it an all out article, but I was never into Journalism that much... hope you enjoy it none the less...

The Corvette just happens to be my all time favorite car, I just love all the generations of the Corvette... and here I was getting to drive it around, the last time I had this chance was a few years ago in a 1970 Stingray (sadly don't have pictures of that, but it was awesome)... anyways, I just love every bit of this car, inside and out...

First, a little introduction to my partner for this dance, she is slender and agile, with sexy eyes and a wonderful set of legs, she looked astounding in her yellow dress with a black top, would have loved to have her topless, but we really didn't have much time and I was more intent on getting this one dance going.

I get hold of the keys, pull open the door and get greeted with plush leather buckets seats... I push the start button and the growl of the 6.0 LS2 was sweet music to my ears... and then I let her idle, just to get the feel of her... and the music just got better... the feel of the steering was great...

I led her out of the garage and into the street, and she was like an excited puppy tugging on the leash... raring to go, the first straight piece of black top I touched I just floored her and was hitting three digits on the speedo in no time and she just flew up to 200 kmph with not a whimper or sigh... the digital readout on the HUD was amazing, never seen one like that on any other car...

She was nimble and surefooted, just hugged onto every turn and handled it with ease and came in the straight with panache... the acceleration was awesome, braking excellent and power was on tap... the 6 speed stick shift felt smooth and swift... even under pedal to metal acceleration... she just barreled down any stretch of black top thrown at her.

The Rolls I never really pushed for the simple fact that it isn't meant to be, but this sweetheart was willing to go that extra mile, she came prepared... and I was not going to let her down. I topped out at nearly 170 mph at a straightaway... and the feeling was heavenly.

The audio system in this car is also amazing, although didn't use it much, didn't see the point of using it when she was willing to sing for me and she sang very well at that. The controls are well spaced out, the dash is well done and while many argue that there is too much plastic around, I feel that the big General seems to have upped the ante, the dash is quite refined now...

The only sad part I had in this car was when I had to get her back to the garage. But she is truly a wild ride... now I know why they call it the best bangs for bucks car ever... because I am sure it can beat the pants off most of the Lambys, Ferraris and Porsches that normally cost three tine the anout, anways, here are a few pictures...

All In A Day's Ride - Corvette C6 & Phantom-chevrolet_corvette_001.jpg

All In A Day's Ride - Corvette C6 & Phantom-chevrolet_corvette_002.jpg

All In A Day's Ride - Corvette C6 & Phantom-chevrolet_corvette_003.jpg

All In A Day's Ride - Corvette C6 & Phantom-chevrolet_corvette_004.jpg

All In A Day's Ride - Corvette C6 & Phantom-chevrolet_corvette_005.jpg

All In A Day's Ride - Corvette C6 & Phantom-chevrolet_corvette_006.jpg

All In A Day's Ride - Corvette C6 & Phantom-chevrolet_corvette_007.jpg

All In A Day's Ride - Corvette C6 & Phantom-chevrolet_corvette_008.jpg
Old 24th April 2008, 02:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

That's some mighty fine real estate there.
Old 24th April 2008, 11:17   #19
BHPian

It is in the Emirates Hills locale. The guy owns a Villa out there, was constructed by his own company.
Old 24th April 2008, 12:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF View Post
It is in the Emirates Hills locale. The guy owns a Villa out there, was constructed by his own company.
Excellent. How much does such property retail for?

The C6 looks good, not my colour of choice but sweet nevertheless.
Old 24th April 2008, 13:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic RPM. The passion shows in every word you have written. Who says you cant be a journalist? The time of your life I should say. Something which I experienced just about a year ago. Nice pictures too. Loved the one taken on the road from the rear. I just love the twin round tail lamps of the Vette. Something that hasnt changed in years and its a Vette trademark

Now after the Phantom and the Vette whats next?
Old 24th April 2008, 13:06   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Excellent. How much does such property retail for?

The C6 looks good, not my colour of choice but sweet nevertheless.
I don't care for the Yellow either, but well have to forego something to be able to get such a chance... and I don't mind it as long as I can drive it .

My friend has a 6 bedroom villa. Has around 44,000 sq. ft with 23,000 built up... and it overlooks the Montgomery Golf Course. At the time he made the purchase it was the land that was being sold and the customer could build the house as he chooses. Right now the same area built up with a ready house will cost around AED 75,000,000... that seems to be on the market, but you might need to check further.
Old 24th April 2008, 13:19   #23
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF View Post
I don't care for the Yellow either, but well have to forego something to be able to get such a chance... and I don't mind it as long as I can drive it .

My friend has a 6 bedroom villa. Has around 44,000 sq. ft with 23,000 built up... and it overlooks the Montgomery Golf Course. At the time he made the purchase it was the land that was being sold and the customer could build the house as he chooses. Right now the same area built up with a ready house will cost around AED 75,000,000... that seems to be on the market, but you might need to check further.
20 million US.. WoW.

Tell him he needs a personal mechanic.. me :P
Old 24th April 2008, 13:28   #24
BANNED

Super cars,

Our TBHP ian (IVI) from Bangalore got himself a C4 Vette just yesterday.

Awsome car a V8 380 BHP single owner 15000 kms on the ODO.

Great car this vette is guys.
Old 24th April 2008, 15:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Fantastic RPM. The passion shows in every word you have written. Who says you cant be a journalist? The time of your life I should say. Something which I experienced just about a year ago. Nice pictures too. Loved the one taken on the road from the rear. I just love the twin round tail lamps of the Vette. Something that hasnt changed in years and its a Vette trademark

Now after the Phantom and the Vette whats next?
The twin tail lamps are a distinguishing feature of the Vette and I hope it remains that way, they are just so exquisite.

As to what's next, not sure really. I am in quite a dilemma, have driven one of the finest pieces of automotive engineering and then went on to drive my all time fave... guess I am content... but will try to get hold of some more exotics or high powered cars.

Had driven a H2 SUV and a 2008 Chevy Caprice some time back, both were awesome, but they weren't as impressive. Maybe I could get a write up or two, but no pictures really. Really want to try out the H1, this comes just below the Vette as my fave vehicle. Will keep the team updated on any luck I might chance upon.

All In A Day's Ride - Corvette C6 & Phantom-dsc05919.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks