Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2008, 01:02   #1

Florida Tries to ban Fake Truck Testicles.

Source:Mumbai Mirror(pg21) and Reuters.

Quote:
Senate Lawmakers in florida have voted to ban the fake bull testicles that dangle from the trailer hitches of trucks and cars in the state.............

.........Motorists would be fined 60$ (Rs,2410) for displaying the novelty items known as "Truck Nutz".....
Attached Thumbnails
Florida Tries to ban Fake Truck Testicles.-dsc01672.jpg  

Old 28th April 2008, 01:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

A very common sight in Texas. I must admit,some look so real,one would have to take a close look to make sure they aren't the real ones (or two, actually).
Old 28th April 2008, 01:54   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
A very common sight in Texas. I must admit,some look so real,one would have to take a close look to make sure they aren't the real ones (or two, actually).
Can we have some pictures next time??
This is hilarious.
Old 28th April 2008, 08:43   #4
Team-BHP Support

ive never seen anything like this. why would people put them on the back of a truck?
Old 28th April 2008, 09:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

The same guy tried to outlaw baggy pants Lol
Quote:
Lionel Spruill, known for his failed attempt in 2005 to ban baggy pants, says the motivation for his latest idea came from a constituent.
Ananova - Testicles face snip

Forget Baggy Pants: Virginia General Assembly Now After Truck Testicles
Old 28th April 2008, 09:26   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
ive never seen anything like this. why would people put them on the back of a truck?
Errr. they imagine they are cowboys and riding a bull perhaps!! Now a bull would/n't____ you get the drift?
Old 28th April 2008, 09:34   #7
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

while I am all for freedom of expression, sometimes these things border on the vulgar, distasteful and occasionally downright offensive!
anyway what else can one expect of a culturally challenged, red-neck driven bunch of chaps out there?
Frankly it is stupid and a complete waste of time (IMO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
Errr. they imagine they are cowboys and riding a bull perhaps!! Now a bull would/n't____ you get the drift?
Old 28th April 2008, 10:58   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
while I am all for freedom of expression, sometimes these things border on the vulgar, distasteful and occasionally downright offensive!
anyway what else can one expect of a culturally challenged, red-neck driven bunch of chaps out there?
Frankly it is stupid and a complete waste of time (IMO)
I find racism more vulgar, distasteful, and occasionally downright offensive, much more than a pair of plastic nuts, even if racism is directed towards people not of Indian origin.
This forum is made up of people from different cultures, from all walks of life. Calling someone culturally challenged just because you do not subscribe to their culture, good or bad or whatever, shows a very myopic and restrictive view of the world, a view which we would not like to see on Team-bhp.
Attacking a class of people just because you find their customs offensive, is not done.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 28th April 2008 at 11:00.
Old 28th April 2008, 11:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I find racism more vulgar, distasteful, and occasionally downright offensive, much more than a pair of plastic nuts, even if racism is directed towards people not of Indian origin.
This forum is made up of people from different cultures, from all walks of life. Calling someone culturally challenged just because you do not subscribe to their culture, good or bad or whatever, shows a very myopic and restrictive view of the world, a view which we would not like to see on Team-bhp.
Attacking a class of people just because you find their customs offensive, is not done.
Well Said - Cheers cheers:
Old 28th April 2008, 12:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

Very well said tsk.

@Nitin: A very ridiculous question...are these novelty items 2 dimensional or 3 dimensional?! I'm ROFLMAO to my own question!
Old 28th April 2008, 12:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

You said it, Tanveer!!
Old 28th April 2008, 12:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Totally agree, tsk! It's a free forum.

On the lighter side, people come up with some real b***s of ideas to hang stuff on their trucks!

Edit : Interesting !! I didn't know offensive language is automatically ***'d !!

And yes : Florida tries to ban fake truck testicles. Arre bhai, what are real truck testicles ??

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 28th April 2008 at 12:48.
Old 28th April 2008, 13:32   #13
BHPian

onnnnly the americans could have POSSIBLY come up with something like truck testicles!!!! LOL!!

what the HELL were they thinking!!!!!!!!!
Old 28th April 2008, 13:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
And yes : Florida tries to ban fake truck testicles. Arre bhai, what are real truck testicles ??
the differential housings ???
Old 28th April 2008, 13:48   #15
BHPian

Quote:

Very weel said. I totally agree with your point of view and I am one of the people in here who may have actually seen these. One of my colleagues in Houston had these hooked to his Tundra. I couldnt ask him why though

Last edited by hmishra83 : 28th April 2008 at 13:58.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks