Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2008, 18:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

Let's make a wager as to how many years it will take Mahindra and Mahindra to change the radiator grille design on the Indian market Logan?. 1, 2 or 3 years?. Wil they appoint a committee to 'look' into the matter , first?....

Last edited by nickatnite : 6th May 2008 at 18:04.
Old 6th May 2008, 19:01   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

perhaps we would be better advised to rename that thread as "Young urban professionals" we are not all IT pro's even if some of us are from Bangalore!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Note from mod:
I have moved the posts regarding car ownership costs etc., to IT professionals do not buy flashy cars thread as they are more appropriate there
Old 6th May 2008, 20:08   #18
BHPian

The grille of the Indian Logan is different from the one sold else where. If Mahindra could do it then, hope they can do it now also and hopefully change the wiper to an RHD one.
Old 6th May 2008, 20:37   #19
BHPian

The current one looks bland and its high time Mahindra should take sleeves up now and revamp the car
Old 8th May 2008, 01:49   #20
BHPian

Looks quite sharp in my opinion. Hope they don't increase the price though.
Old 8th May 2008, 02:14   #21
BHPian

the new grill looks a little mismatched. I don't think this would change too much for the Logan in India. However the interiors are a welcome change.
Old 13th May 2008, 01:08   #22
BHPian

The Logan hatchback looks much better. IMO that should be launched in India by Mahindra. It will create quiet a stir.

dhaval
Old 29th May 2008, 15:08   #23
BHPian

Is it just me Who still doesnt like the front of this new facelifted car?
Old 4th June 2008, 00:54   #24
BHPian

Logan II certainly looks better IMO. Earlier it is launched the better for mahindra. I have read somewhere that Mahindra-renault have imported 50000 kits. may be they will wait till they finish the lot.
Old 5th June 2008, 11:24   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Is it just me Who still doesnt like the front of this new facelifted car?
Couldnt agree with you more. Although slightly improved over the previous version, its still an ugly car! And they've done very little to the back-end, which is still horrible!
Old 18th July 2008, 06:30   #26
BHPian

Here are a few more pictures and an article about the new Dacia Logan from the Business Standard Motoring website.
News & Features - People?s choice - Business Standard Motoring

if Renault launch this car before the mid of next year at the current prices it will surely blow away the competition. It looks a lot better than the Dzire in my opinion .
Attached Thumbnails
New look Dacia Logan-12main3.jpg  

New look Dacia Logan-12main4.jpg  

Old 20th July 2008, 01:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

Source: Autocar India, June 2008, Page 26

Quote:
Fresh-faced Logan in 2009

The Logan as a product has been well received in India, but the looks of the car have often come in for criticism. The bland, slab-sided look is cheap to manufacture, but looks it too. Mahindra-Renault is set to give the Logan a make-over, with freshened up grille, lights and interiors. While the basic outline of all components will remain largely the same, dashboard colours will be re-worked, and the clear lens headlamps help give the car a bright-eyed look. Engineered by Dacia, the new-look Logan is alreasy a runner, but will take a while before Mahindra-Renault reworks the car for right-hand drive. Expect it here early next year.
Old 29th September 2008, 15:52   #28
RAC
BHPian

Saw the new facelifted Logan yesterday. Had gone to India Garage for a quick visit looking for our new car (maybe another thread on this later) and saw the new Logan parked there.

The exterior looks like the exisitng Logan. The interiors have been improved (???). The odometer unit now comes in black. The rest of the dash the same colour.

The seat cover pattern has been improved. The coverings on the seat and the door now match. IMO this is the best upgrade over the tiger skin pattern on the doors.

I somehow liked the dash over the previous one butttttttt I am not so sure. There are now 4 colours on and around the dash:

1) Black - odometer console
2) dark beige - rest of the dash
3) silver/aluminium over the centre instrument console and rims of the air vents
4) lighter shade of biege on the door pads

I was not able to spend more than 2 min's with this model as we (my wife and I) needed to rush back home to the kids.

I beleive that the 1st car was delivered last Saturday.
Old 29th September 2008, 16:14   #29
evo
BHPian

New look Logan? I thought it was supposed to have rounded edges around the lamps etc. Isnt this the EDGE version?
Old 29th September 2008, 16:37   #30
RAC
BHPian

Maybe, i'm not sure about the exterior. Like I said, we were in a big rush and hardly spent 2 min's looking at the car.
Why I did look at the interiors is because we were looking at buying Logan but were turned off by the colour of the dashboard and we were waiting for the new model to come in.
We were expecting the same to be launched in Nov and were surprised when we were informed at the showroom that the model had already been launched.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks