Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2008, 10:39   #1
BHPian

Its French and its NOT a Croissant - New Citroen C5

i am surprised there aren't any citroen fans on team-bhp!!

the new citroen c5 looks nothing short of fabulous.....the the rear of the car resembles the E46 BMW 3 Series (or is it just me???)

New Citroƫn C5: official site

hoping to rent this beaut on my trip to europe next month. car rentals quote USD 864 for 13 days.

i hope those cheese eating surrender monkeys have built this gorgeous looking car properly!! (no offense meant)
Old 11th May 2008, 11:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

They had an awesome advt years back for a hot hatch right? And it indeed had a nice engine to go with.

Looks MEAN. Great alloys too. Too much electronic gimmicks? Separate ac controls/display! etc

Whats the 'two suspension setup' ?
Old 11th May 2008, 12:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice design though the front looks a bit too bulky to be passed of as a sedan .
One thing that I noticed is that it has too many line similar to that of the new Ford Mondeo when viewed from the side. Have a look at the circles I have marked in the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Its French and its NOT a Croissant - New Citroen C5-comparison.jpg  

Old 11th May 2008, 12:15   #4
BHPian

i guess like engine options, accessories etc they have two options for the suspension system...... one is the metal and the other is the Hydraactive III+

i don't know how exactly they work..... to me the metal seems like our typical suspension and the hydramatic typical hydraullic suspension system (similar to the airmatic system that works on the mercs i assume)

to me citroens are the most comfortable way to come last in any track event!! they do make nice rally cars though.
Old 11th May 2008, 12:32   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Nice design though the front looks a bit too bulky to be passed of as a sedan .
One thing that I noticed is that it has too many line similar to that of the new Ford Mondeo when viewed from the side. Have a look at the circles I have marked in the pic.
stricking similarities. but it must be said the mondeo looks wonderful but the citroen seems like every but is just a little bit better (aesthetically at least)

and i agree with you on the front grill.
Old 11th May 2008, 12:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Gotta love those interiors! That steering wheel is irresistible and those seats look very inviting. I love Peugeot and Citroen but feel they are very underrated.
BTW few years ago there was an article in Times Drive about a Citroen saloon to be released into Indian markets but no news later. Any idea as to what happened?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks