Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2008, 09:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bentley Continental Flying Spur Facelift Revealed

Post edited by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT use external picture hosts such as photobucket, imageshack etc. Your pictures have been reloaded via the Team-BHP Attachment system. We advise you to read our board rules carefully, before proceeding any further.

Bentley has revealed today details of it upgraded and facelifted Continental Flying Spur range. On the market since 2005, exterior modifications begin with redesigned bumpers and grille. Interior noise reduction is increased with enhanced floor pan undertrays and wheelarch liners. New features include follow-to-stop, radar-based Adaptive Cruise Control system and a new stereo system by British hi-fi manufacturer, Naim, designed exclusively for Bentley. The system includes a 1100 Watt amplifier, which is the most powerful offered in a production car, 15 custom-built Naim speakers, which includes dual Naim sub-woofers. Suspension springs and shocks are upgraded along with new 19-inch Pirelli Ultra High Performance tires for increased ride quality and comfort. For the interior, personalization choices increase with an choice of crafted wood marquetry and chrome inlays. Also, seat piping, a traditional Bentley feature, is introduced on Flying Spur together with two new leather colours. Three new colours and four duo-tone paint combinations are added to the exterior paint palette

The Flying Spur also receives the “Speed” treatment just the same when theContinental GT Speed facelift was announced, With an upgraded 6.0-liter W12 engine from 552bhp (560PS/412kW) to 600bhp (610PS/449kW) the result is a 0-60mph time of 4.5 seconds and a top speed of 200mph. Suspension is lowered for greater agility while the steering is re-tuned for greater response. Wheel size is increased to 9.5Jx20 with the same Pirelli P-Zero UHP tires mentioned above. The Flying Spur Speed is further distinguished with dark-tinted radiator and air intake grilles and wider rifled exhaust tail pipes.

Last edited by GTO : 11th June 2008 at 10:48.
Old 11th June 2008, 10:15   #2
BHPian

off topic :

guys

when ever i see the pics of a bentley continental i feel like its looking at me.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...n%20stupid.gif

can any one see that or its just me

especially in pics 2,3,4
Old 11th June 2008, 10:42   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhiram7912 View Post
off topic :

guys

when ever i see the pics of a bentley continental i feel like its looking at me.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...n%20stupid.gif

especially in pics 2,3,4
Haha so true. Those projector beam headlamps are so deceptive.
Old 11th June 2008, 10:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
off topic :

guys

especially in pics 2,3,4
yup i feel the same i feel like its looking at me
Old 11th June 2008, 11:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

That's because when it's viewed from anywhere but head-on front angle, the outer shape of the headlamps and the xenon lamps themselves are aspherical! It is quite unusual, I agree.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 11th June 2008 at 11:34.
Old 11th June 2008, 11:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
off topic :

guys

especially in pics 2,3,4
with 4 beautiful eyes too

I dint like teh gold/beige color though looks too bland IMO
Old 11th June 2008, 12:18   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

this is my next car :-)
Old 11th June 2008, 14:30   #8
BHPian

haha abhiram I never looked at it like that. It definitely smirking from every angle. It does have a cartoonish feel to the lights a la "Cars".
Old 1st August 2012, 10:58   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bentley Continental Flying Spur Facelift Revealed

Bringing up an old thread with an update:
2014 Bentley Continental Flying Spur

Courtesy: Carscoop

The British firm's engineers devised a funny looking set of headlamp and taillight decals and fake wheel arch moldings with the intention of creating the illusion of a Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
Nevertheless, they did manage to hide most styling changes that will take place on the 2014 Continental Flying Spur sedan and which will follow closely in the lines of the refreshed Continental GT coupe and Continental GTC convertible models.
The luxury saloon will obtain a crispier front end with new quad headlamps and a more upright grille along with re-sculptured profile lines and a reworked rear-end with new tail light designs.
The changes inside will largely mirror those seen on the Coupe and Convertible models of the Continental series with a reshaped dashboard incorporating a new instrument panel and a touch-screen interface for the audio and navigation systems.

Under the bonnet, aside from some minor improvements to the existing 6.0-liter twin-turbocharged W12 engines on the regular Flying Spur and its Speed sibling, Bentley may also introduce a new base model featuring the Audi-sourced 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 rated at 500hp (507PS) and 660Nm (487 lb-ft) coupled to an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Attached Thumbnails
Bentley Continental Flying Spur Facelift Revealed-a1.jpg  

Bentley Continental Flying Spur Facelift Revealed-a2.jpg  

Bentley Continental Flying Spur Facelift Revealed-a3.jpg  

Bentley Continental Flying Spur Facelift Revealed-a4.jpg  

Bentley Continental Flying Spur Facelift Revealed-a5.jpg  

Bentley Continental Flying Spur Facelift Revealed-a6.jpg  

Bentley Continental Flying Spur Facelift Revealed-a7.jpg  

Bentley Continental Flying Spur Facelift Revealed-a8.jpg  

Bentley Continental Flying Spur Facelift Revealed-a9.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com