Team-BHP - The New Chevy Cruze!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   The New Chevy Cruze! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/42281-new-chevy-cruze.html)

GM has decided to launch another car into the compact car segement with the new Chevy Cruze. Derived from the word "Cruise"

The production version of the car will be released at the Paris Motor Show. This car will replace the Chevy Cobalt at its plant in Lordstown, OH.

The Cruze will be built on GM's Delta compact car architecture. It will use a new 1.4-liter global engine that GM developed and recently announced in Europe. The turbocharged four-cylinder engine will be used in several GM vehicles worldwide.

GM says the engine will be capable of developing 120 to 140 hp. They expect the mileage could exceed 40 mpg.

Production of the Cruze is slated to start in the middle of 2010 as a 2011 model.

Chevy sees the Cruze's main competitors as the Honda Civic, Volkswagen Jetta, Mazda3 and Ford Focus.

The Cruze will be sold globally and will be similar in size to the Cobalt. The five-passenger car will be about 15 feet long.

According to GM - The cobalt has been a top-selling car since its launch, selling more than 200,000 vehicles annually. Through June, amid a spike in gasoline prices, Cobalt sales are were up 18.5 percent to 114,250. In June alone, Cobalt sales rose 21.6 percent versus June 2007.

More: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl...722553657/1190

I hope this car makes it to our shores.

Two more links to the news:

1)
Chevy Cruze to be built in Lordstown - Autoblog

2)
All-new Chevrolet Cruze coming to Paris, sales begin Spring 2009 - Autoblog

Images from the above mentioned link:

it is slated to replace the Optra

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 899201)

I was to say that it looked like Optra replacement. Thanks for the information.

Its coming to China in around Feb 2009, then I hope that it comes to us around April 2009 after the mad rush of March when GM could clear the stock.

Honwever, can any one she light on the launch dates ?

Looks really hot. Lordstown is where the Colabt is built so this will also replace the Cobalt and the G5. I hope the American designers dont stick their fingers into the styling. GM has announced a 1.4 L turbo for this that will get 45 mpg. Opel Astra is also based on GM delta.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 899201)

I guess the Cruze was designed at their Daewoo Design Center then

wherever it was designed it looks really cool and sporty. A nice replacement for the aging Optra it will be

Here is a pic w/o cammo. This one's shot in the US.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 899118)
I hope this car makes it to our shores.

Two more links to the news:

1)
Chevy Cruze to be built in Lordstown - Autoblog

2)
All-new Chevrolet Cruze coming to Paris, sales begin Spring 2009 - Autoblog

Images from the above mentioned link:

As soon as I opened the thread, For a Minute I thought that GM was testing the car in our own Kerala :uncontrol

Check out the first photo and the number plate.

New Chevys are distinctly better looking and more rounded than previous edgy designs.

New Malibu also looks very good.

The rear has a lot of resemblance to the VW Jetta.

This has also been covered earlier as spyshots of the Daewoo Lacetti, Chevrolet Nubira

The Daewoo acquisition seems to be a huge benefit for GM.

SPY PHOTOS: New Chevy Nubira at Nurburgring

This is the new 2010 Cobalt. Here is the source. GM-VOLT : Chevy Volt Electric Car Site Blog Archive 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt Spy Photo

One update:
Spy Shots: Chevy Cruze shows off its interior - Autoblog

The following image is reported to be of Chevrolet Cruze ( new Optra ) interior.

I have a few more pictures of Cruze.

i dont like certain angles of this car including headlights and taillights.