Team-BHP - SCOOP! Hyundai i20 Spy Photos. EDIT: More indian pics on pg 2!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   SCOOP! Hyundai i20 Spy Photos. EDIT: More indian pics on pg 2! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/43227-scoop-hyundai-i20-spy-photos-edit-more-indian-pics-pg-2-a.html)

I recently came upon this story.
Hyundai i20 3-door spy photos

@mods: I tried searching, but found a thread
Quote:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...tz-2009-a.html
It is locked and confused between i30 and Getz. i30 is Elantra hatch.
So starting this topic. If found any other appropriate topic, take action.

The article is :
Quote:

At the stroke of Paris Motor Show we can officially say goodbye Getz. New spy pics of the Hyundai i20 3-door have surfaced, giving us a much better view of its behind. Getz is quite long in the tooth now, matter of fact it’s a whole six years long. It was time for a farewell. Liked universally for its cute compact shape and good driving characteristics, the Getz won over many a heart all over the world, especially with those of the female kind.

At Paris it will be the 5-door that takes the stand, commencing sales about Q1, 2009 and the 3-door will appear six months thereafter. Engines are two petrol-powered ones at 80 bhp and 109 bhp, with that impressive turbo diesel pushing out 110 bhp, plus an automatic option.
The images are below.

Got one more shot. Here the car suffered a break down.

Looks muscular and a better replacement for the chubby GETZ that had fat on unwanted places! Maybe this is slim, trim but muscular!

Surely looks much bigger then the getz. This test mule is a 2 door version I feel cause the front door is quite big.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 (Post 922049)
Looks muscular and a better replacement for the chubby GETZ that had fat on unwanted places! Maybe this is slim, trim but muscular!

If image provided in AutoBild issue is true to reality, then the C-pillar portion wont be good looking.
The front grille camaflouge indicates that the car might be having a twin part grille like Logan, or it can be also to hide the badge, and also not allowing people to judge which car it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidd_city (Post 922059)
Surely looks much bigger then the getz. This test mule is a 2 door version I feel cause the front door is quite big.

Yes in the first post in this thread, the car is a three door hatch. But in the next post, the images is of a five door hatchback and the car had suffered a breakdown.

SCOOP - Spy pictures - What car is this?

Spotted this camouflaged car near Kanchipuram, Tamilnadu. Has anybody seen this? What car is this?

Mods: If this has already been posted elsewhere please merge with it or delete this.

Seems to be an i20 to me - would be interesting to know if it is a RHD or a LHD one if it is...

Could be GP, Splash or i20.
10 % possibility GP : The little portion of headlamps just about manage to give this look.

20 % possibility Splash : Slightly on the higher side and the slooping roof ( sliding toward rear end ) and the rear end look like this.

70 % possibility i20 : The front end and grille indicate its i20.

IMO it cannot be i20. In case of i20 the front chrome bar is on the upper part of grille, but in the third picture taken from RVM of car, the chrome bar on grille is on the lower part.

likely to be i20! Most of the features seen in the available pictures of i20 matches with this car!!!!
good catch Murugan!

TN21 is Sriperambudur IIRC so its gotta be a Hyundai, which means i20.

It looks like I20, but a side view would have confirmed this for sure.

Apart from misleading front grille, the rear antenna and rest of the profile looks like its Hyundai i20 for sure.
Splash has antenna located on the front and not back as seen in spy shots.

0% possibility GP : No chrome bar present in GP, rear tail lights are mounted just beside the rear windsheild.

0 % possibility Splash : Antenna, no chrome bar on grille.

100 % i20 : Antenna, overall profile.

i think I've seen very similar spy shots on some other thread regarding i20 and its quite easy saying that its undoubtedly the i20.

Yes it is the i20 and the production of the export version has already started.

Have seen this car too, often near the HMI factory at Irrungattukottai. I'm told it is the i20 and will replace the GETZ CRDi.