Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2004, 00:51   #1
BHPian

The all new Corvette is............................................
It boasts an all-new body with a narrow hood, and wide fenders instead of a flip-over front end,Some 85 percent of the C6 Corvette's parts are new.It features an all-new and substantially roomier interior with new white LED gauges. The sleek new body features exposed headlamps for the first time since the '62 model, sleek high-intensity discharge xenon headlamps. The Corvette is expected to have much closer body tolerances, as small as 3.5 mm for the fiberglass body, and indexed window glass that fits tighter whether open or closed. The new Corvette, which everybody is calling the C6 for Corvette, sixth generation, is a whopping 5 inches shorter and 1 inch narrower than the C5, but the overall weight is about the same.
Under that long hood is a new 6.0-liter all-aluminum V8 engine that makes 400 horsepower and 400 foot-pounds of torque
Chevrolet says that their 400-horsepower baby will get an honest, repeatable, normal 30 miles per gallon in sixth gear at highway cruising speeds as a result of aerodynamic and rolling resistance improvements as well as reduced engine internal friction.
Chevrolet says the standard Corvette will go more than 180 mph, making it the fastest Corvette ever.Meanwhile, rumor has it that the next Z06 will have 500 horsepower on tap when it comes out.
The price tag is xpected to be around the $45,000 mark.
Old 10th July 2004, 01:10   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Click on this linky to see the best C6 picture yet.

As I have already mentioned in that thread, I love the Vette cos it offers just so much to the enthusiastic driver at a less than Merc E Class price.

GTO
Old 10th July 2004, 03:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Dunno why but the overall look reminds me of the Mazda RX8. The hood and bumper section is like the NSX, rather the HSC. The side profile is like a long Lotus Elise.

The rear is pretty much Corvette......lol.

Looks more Jap than American. I'd pick the older version.....anyday.

This is more like it........

Regards...
Shan2nu

Old 10th July 2004, 06:04   #4
BHPian

I really dont think they have changed much from the prev design, kept everything the same, except its a little shorter and a little narrower..and now you wouldnt have the pop up lights...but no matter what you do, its just a good sports car to drive generally, but overall its got poor handling, in comparison to other sports cars..but then again its 1/2 or 1/4 cheaper than those exotics..and for the city who really cares..over all a great car..I kind of like it, but would never like to own one, may be drive in it..but thats it..

but nice pictures man..and the link GTO provided, awesome pic..

cheers..
Old 10th July 2004, 21:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

I still prefer the old version...the one in the Shan2nu posted pic..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks