Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2004, 20:38   #1
BHPian

Im not a great fan of Jaguars but i love Diesel cars,i know petrol cars kill diesels but check this one out.
The RD-6 marks a new era for Jaguar design, both interior and exterior. The hatchback is a test for Jaguar and may be scrapped. Interior pictures show a blend of aluminum and wood for an innovative new type of styling for Jaguar.
Well the exterior shows a bit of RX-8ness in it but yea it looks good.
Even more interesting: this is a 230bhp 360lb-ft 2.7litre twin-turbo DIESEL. This engine is slated for release in the 2004 S-Type.

Well its just a concept,but if it does come out,God only knows.

hey guys ny new bout the Lamborghini Gallardo Diesel??
Old 10th July 2004, 22:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Diesel engines are definitely taking the fight to their petrol counterparts....there has been a lot of devolopment in the diesel engine segment over the last few years.
Old 10th July 2004, 23:31   #3
Team-BHP Support

Wow,

A 230bhp engine with a 5,000 RPM redline!!!

Interesting stuff happening in the deisel world!

R
Old 10th July 2004, 23:35   #4
Team-BHP Support

Jaguar happens to be the ultimate marque for me. Jags, with their styling, performance, character and comfort leave me spellbound.
The RD6, however, isn't exactly one of my favourites.
The front styling of the RD6 is fine and the interiors are great, but the rear is definitely aweful. They'd better sort out the tailgate. The 2.7L diesel engine is among the best available in the world, but, Jag's petrol powerplants are renowned for their power and refinement. The diesel will help push Jaguar's sales up, but, a bit of the old passion will be lost.
I would be happier if they launched the R Coupe instead. I'd also love the V12 to make a comeback. If only Ford's American bosses understand.

Old 12th July 2004, 13:13   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey Turbolader,

Even before CRDi came on the scene, I was a lover of diesel engines for their sheer torque, driveability, economy and character!

A drive in the Hyundai Accent CRDi only made my affinity toward diesels grow!

GTO
Old 12th July 2004, 14:51   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ July 12 2004,11:43)]A drive in the Hyundai Accent CRDi only made my affinity toward diesels grow!
Its quite an amazing feeling, in that car, in 3rd gear the speedo rises faster than the tacho! (and pretty fast too)

R
Old 14th July 2004, 18:53   #7
BHPian

Hey GTO,nice to hear that there r Diesel lovers in this planet,i mean ppl buy diesel car cause of the economy that the car delivers & yea the price of diesel.Ive always loved diesel cars & yea talking bout the CRDI Accent,well ive test driven that car,its fun watchin a diesel car touch 90-100 in 3rd gear with ease right???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks