guys say hello to the new bat mobile.

cheers,
ac
Old 28th May 2009, 15:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
So, this one got inspired BIG time..

Attachment 138742 Pics had come through mail. a Hummer Vs Knight mail.
What I would like to see is a Knight XV vs a Reva/800. Maybe the front whees next to the front of the 800. Shift to first and roll over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Perfect vehicle to escape in when Zombies/Aliens/Monsters attack.
Exactly what I thought, I think Evil Dead or something had such kind of vehicle, only based on a van.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
guys say hello to the new bat mobile.

cheers,
ac
More the Bat MaxiVan for his extended family.
Old 2nd June 2009, 17:13   #18
BHPian

Just a thought of mine: "Wouldn't it be a better design, and make sense to have these armoured cars etc. shaped like a cylinder?"

Thnking about it practically, a good convex surface would be much better at deflecting shrapnel and bullets, and would therefore be much safer than this slab-sided beast when hit broad-side. Besides, a cylindrical structure is always stronger isn't it?

Your thoughts on this please.
Old 2nd June 2009, 19:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by '72 Bullet View Post
Just a thought of mine: "Wouldn't it be a better design, and make sense to have these armoured cars etc. shaped like a cylinder?"

Thnking about it practically, a good convex surface would be much better at deflecting shrapnel and bullets, and would therefore be much safer than this slab-sided beast when hit broad-side. Besides, a cylindrical structure is always stronger isn't it?

true but the cylindrical shape is impractical - it would encroach on the interior space ex: headroom.

cheers
Old 3rd June 2009, 11:30   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
true but the cylindrical shape is impractical - it would encroach on the interior space ex: headroom.

cheers

'Practical' and the 'Knight XV'? In the same thread?

I really don't see how much bigger the thing would be, I'm sure though that the savings in weight and bulk (as it is a stronger structure, the metal and glass needn't be so thick and heavy). That's just my opinion though, since I haven't done it practically, I can't be sure.

Anyway, that vehicle there despite it's size only has enough space for 6 'basketball players'. I don't know which players they put in there, but for it's size I'd expect it to hold much more.

Just to put it's size into perspective. You see those rims there? They're 20-inchers.
Old 3rd June 2009, 11:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by '72 Bullet View Post

NO Actually cylindrical shape or convex shape is not the best , depending on the material panel placed at certain angle ( 15 - 35 degrees) is considered best.

For more information look at the threads related to Tank turret design and Kanchan Armor used in Arjun at Bharat-rakshak.com , There is a whole lot of discussion on ballastic grade ceramics and the angles to place them with techinical citations.
Old 3rd June 2009, 12:18   #22
BHPian

@amitk26 -

unfortunately couldn't find any tank turret design thread or the Kanchan armour for the Arjun Main Battle tank (think they don't have that page anymore) Please send me a link if possible.

About slope, is there a reason 15-35 degrees is considered best? Again on which plane do you mean this to be? If you wanted the side-panels of the vehicle to be 15 deg(or even 35 for that matter). from a direct hit from the side, this would practically be horizontal, not possible for the side-panels of an SUV (unlike a tank-turret, which should have a very low profile).

Also, you can place the armor at a desired angle only if you know where the hit is coming from (mine or bullet?). A good compromise would be to have a cylindrical shape (got this idea from pressure-vessels, aircraft fuselage, car wind-shields, submarines and the humble egg-shell). It would me much better at both deflecting projectiles and blasts as well as at absorbing the blast.

Do you think that the reason they haven't tried it as yet is because it's more difficult to produce as opposed to straight panels?
Old 3rd June 2009, 12:35   #23
BANNED

Commonsense, if someone has to kill you. He/she will. If not in the car then outside it. Whatever you do to your car they will get you where you are vulnerable, even if you make hte car the safest ever made.

Also if you are that likely to be assasinated or a bomb thrown at you or the road outside your house goes through a minefield you have better options then buying the above vehicle.

Armoured vehicles and all is the last stand. You should be one step ahead of the folks waiting to bump you off.

The above vehicle is a lifestyle for the rich and famous to show that they are worried about their security when they go to buy groceries down the street or when they have to walk the red carpet or basically to show i can better the other guy.

Rest assured none of the one's for sale will be hit by a pea shooter.

Last edited by Spitfire : 3rd June 2009 at 12:37.
Old 3rd June 2009, 13:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeet080808 View Post
It sure does make the Hummer look civilized and timid!
Yeah it does make look the hummer civilized and timid , but lemme also show you that if the hummer wishes it can be uncivilzed and wild too. The pic uploaded by Spinner compared the Knight with the commercial version of Hummer , we should compare it with the military version of it. I do agree the knight is way better than the hummer but the comparision was not fair.

Check the below attached pic. i clicked it when i was in Iraq 2 weeks back. Iraqi govt. has got hummers donated by American govt. While you cross Iran border to Iraq border by bus you are welcomed by American soldiers first . They frisk you like hell. Once on the iraqi side, i saw so many armoured vehicles of diff tpes and sizes. One was way too big than the knight and soldiers were in it sitting in absolute comfort with the air conditioned switched on while it was burning hot outside. They didn`t lemme click pics or else would have posted that too.

Anywayz enjoy these pics.

Abbas.
Attached Thumbnails
Knight XV Armoured Biofuel SUV-hum1.jpg  

Knight XV Armoured Biofuel SUV-hum2.jpg  

Knight XV Armoured Biofuel SUV-hum-3.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2009, 14:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Anywayz enjoy these pics.
Why are there two cones at the back?
Old 3rd June 2009, 18:51   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun911 View Post
Why are there two cones at the back?
Don`t know why, I had a tough time communitating with them, they speak slang arabic. At first when i ran at them to click pics (as our bus was parked far away and i had to get back to the bus quickly) they pointed a gun at me. So scared i was i put up my hands and showed my camera to them and somehow they understood i just wanna take pics.

I asked them some question but they couldn`t understand me and neither did i understand them. Just clicked some quick snaps and left.
Old 4th June 2009, 23:26   #27
BHPian

This is massive. Has potential of scaring people on the road.
Old 4th June 2009, 23:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

I guess those cones are just kept for later use, probably to cordon off a section of the road/create a 'go slow' zone.
Old 10th November 2009, 12:05   #29
BHPian

Its a Tanker i guess, cant take it to any functions...lol... imagine someone coming in this to attend a marriage function ! ! ! !
Old 24th November 2011, 09:09   #30
BHPian

Re: Knight XV Armoured Biofuel SUV

Got the brochure for this beast and thought of sharing it here with you guys.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Knight-XV-Media-Brochure.pdf (1.65 MB, 816 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks