Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2009, 21:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai i0

Quote:
Hyundai is developing a minicar much like the Toyota iQ that aims to be “funkier”, more basic and more functional. A source in Hyundai likened the new vehicle ideally to be modular and minimalist in a Citroen 2CV kind of way. Hyundai is considering offering a single baseline model for easy and efficient supplier sourcing and manufacturing, but offering customisation packs for the cabin and paintwork for owners to individualize their cars. Above is Theophilus Chin’s take on the new car, which he has decided to name the Hyundai i0 (i-Zero).
This looks more of a i20 from front & i30 from rear. Bring it on Hyundai. Give it a a rear bench & replace your Santro

Source :

Hyundai’s new minicar to be modular and minimalist
Old 4th February 2009, 22:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hate it.
Its like to save money, they borrowed parts from i10, i20 , sent them to a mixer and what ever came out, TADA. I wouldn't even consider this if i ever had to.
Old 4th February 2009, 22:06   #3
Team-BHP Support

I agree with Abhinav.

Looks kiddish and impractical to me.
Old 4th February 2009, 22:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nice photoshop job. I dont see any chance of this car hitting the market. Very impractical and looks too butch for a car of this size. This leads me to belief that this is PS image.

It can be just a good city car, nothing more, but again we do have kei cars from japan that are not very longer than this car and do all the things well.

Not required by anyone I suppose, nobody's heart will get over this machine.
Old 5th February 2009, 16:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

Look at the second pic - the headlight. It's from I10, in the first image the headlight is different so that confirms that its a PS job.
Old 11th December 2010, 22:39   #6
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i0

I hate rumors but was told by someone who heard from a hyundai showroom in Lucknow that this car is going to be launched in the last week of december this year as a 800 cc car. Any verifications?

The 2 seater Option is not that bad for single drivers.
Old 11th December 2010, 22:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Look at the second pic - the headlight. It's from I10, in the first image the headlight is different so that confirms that its a PS job.
Also look at the tail lamps. First pic has those of an i10. Second one is a PSed one. Fake.
Old 11th December 2010, 22:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

it looks like a chopped hyundai H1 van, the front looks good for a van ,but doesnt go well with a 2door small car

and like @driv3r i too feel it could be PSed
Old 12th December 2010, 20:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
I hate rumors but was told by someone who heard from a hyundai showroom in Lucknow that this car is going to be launched in the last week of december this year as a 800 cc car. Any verifications?

The 2 seater Option is not that bad for single drivers.
Its true that Hyundai is going to launch a 800 cc car in India, to compete at the sub A-segment category. The news has been all over the media. But they haven't specified that it will be this particular i0. In any case, it doesn't make sense to launch a 2 seater car in India and think it'll act as the answer to all shoestring budget car buyers problems. In India one might have a shoestring budget, but he still has a healthy family!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks