Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: The best of the best! - Make your toughest choice yet.
Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale 3 11.54%
Porsche 911 turbo with performance pack 7 26.92%
Ford GT 6 23.08%
Lamborghini Gallardo 7 26.92%
Aston Martin DB9 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2004, 01:38   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (shravan316 @ July 23 2004,21:57)]How come only me has voted for DB9?? Is the car that bad??
i'm with you on the DB9, dood
Old 24th July 2004, 03:25   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (shravan316 @ July 23 2004,21:57)]How come only me has voted for DB9?? Is the car that bad??
DB9 bad? Definitely not. It's one of the best cars in the world. Had it not been for the 911 Turbo, which I want so badly, the DB9 would have been my choice. Check my earlier post out.
Old 25th July 2004, 17:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

Undoubtedly the Porsche 911 Turbo for me. here's why:

360 CS: Sure it's all stripped out now, makes more power than before, and faster than before. The 911 Turbo is still faster than it, more reliable at sustained high speeds, can still be a GT. The CS might lap the track faster, not sure, but then we always have the GT3 RS, which is a whole lot cheaper, and does the exact same things. Fantastic engineering i agree, but seems a little vain.

Ford GT: a great looker, and serious horsepower. Will probably be a serious performer on track too, we'll have to wait and find out. i just like the Porsche more.

Lamborghini Gallardo: Again a seriously fantastic car, great power, fabulous handling, but lost the 'in-yer-face' attitude that i loved the Lambos for. Too ordinary to be a Lambo.

AM DB9: So beautiful it makes my heart ache. i'd buy one of these and just stare at it the whole day. A very comfortable long distance cruiser, but not much of a track performer. but this makes it to the second place on my list.

PS: Revv, when you said 456 bhp for the 911, were you talking about the X50 optional performance pack for the Turbo or the new Turbo S?
Old 25th July 2004, 18:28   #19
BHPian

Ok first! My choice is the Aston Martin DB9 for the simple fact thats its the most beautiful car here and far as track car goes who here can tell me that even after they buy such a car they are actually going to rent out a track and test its speed??? The DB9 is fast and more so than the speed can be churned out on normal roads. It'll take an entire lifetime where you might just find one such road where you can reach the lmit of any such car.
As big of a Lambo fan I am, I don't know but the Lambo doesn't appeal to me now as much as the DB9.
Secondly, the 360CS is to compete against the Porsche GT3RS which is a stripped out track car. In all fairness the 360 should be here seeing that netiher of the other cars are stripped out track-performers. And In my opinion (even though I've mellowed out towards Ferrari) anybody who is willing to pay 50k GBP over the 360CS more than the GT3RS is the most dumbest person on earth considering the Porsche is the better engineered product and has the SAME lap-timings as the 360CS as proved in Top Gear Episode which I have almost all of.
If someone wants any episode within minutes pm me. I can give a link but you need a good broadband connection since each episode is one hour long and 300 mb
Old 27th July 2004, 22:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

Yea ported, i was referring to the optional performance pack that you can get for some 10,12000 pounds. But hey, i didn't know that there is also the Turbo - S. Throw some light on it pal.

Revv

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks