Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2009, 17:47   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ford Taurus SHO. 3.5L 365 HP twin-turbo Ecoboost. EDIT : Ford sued for engine defects

link: Ford Taurus SHO (2010) with pictures and wallpapers
Old 11th February 2009, 19:40   #2
BHPian

The famed SHO is back! Nice looking Taurus gen; modern and chunky. Twin-turbo, 365 horses, AWD....a killer recipe but the price is an over optimistic $40K. 40K for a body style that will most probably be seen at every stop-light and rental parking lot.

Still, a step in the right direction. Whos complaining when us enthusiasts are being taken care of!
Old 11th February 2009, 21:39   #3
BHPian

Here is some official information from FORD themselves

Ford Reignites a Classic Sedan with the 2010 Taurus » Ford Motor Company Global Auto Shows
Old 12th February 2009, 02:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Non-Yamaha engine = Not a SHO
Old 12th February 2009, 04:37   #5

Well as a 2 time SHO owner, Im on 7th heaven when I see the pics, the SHO is one of those cars that's a wolf in lambs clothes. I have done several trips in excess of 700 miles each in one sitting each and its a testament to the cruising ability of the car in general effortless comfort. My current SHO is a 3.2 v6 220 bhp and it leaps foward. The SHO looked very different then the regular Taurus, they used headlights and fenders from their Mercury Sable lineup and distinct mags, the interiors as well were from the Sable line up, this new bodyshell follows the same recipe and it looks like this time its taken the body shell of the Lincoln MKZ which is a drop dead gorgeous car in itself, and I wish they would use design inputs for the engine from Yamaha because thats what made the first 3 gens of SHO's stand out from their plain jane Taurus cousins. Cant wait, my next car might well be a gen 2 SHO because thats my fav of the 3 gens.
Old 12th February 2009, 04:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

Now that's what you do when you are FORD and you need people to sit up and take notice.

I am sure FORD will be just fine with cars like the SHO.

and as long as they are selling to full potential, I am sure 40K aint a bad price for that moniker. They may lower it to 34-35 after a few months depending on market demand. why not make some money until then?

Last edited by devarshi84 : 12th February 2009 at 04:57.
Old 14th February 2009, 01:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
They may lower it to 34-35 after a few months depending on market demand. why not make some money until then?
With an economy like this, I wouldn't be surprised if they start out at $32-35K. I did read that Ford & Pontiac are working towards lowering the costs of the their cars,since the number of cars sold last year dropped quite a bit.
I'd love to see the Volt,though!
Old 14th February 2009, 01:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Taurus is a dull and boring family car..sortof like an TATA Indigo in India. WHy are they messing with it. Should have done a Lincoln LS RWD with this engine.
Old 18th May 2013, 08:07   #9
BANNED

re: Ford Taurus SHO. 3.5L 365 HP twin-turbo Ecoboost. EDIT : Ford sued for engine defects

Reviving an old thread but found this news online so thought of posting it. Found this thread to be related to the news and why create a new thread for this so posting it here. MODS please move it if inappropriate.

Source:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/05/16/f...boost-defects/

Quote:
Three Ford owners from Ohio have filed a lawsuit against the automaker over defects that they allege exist within the company's twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V6 EcoBoost engine. Automotive News reports that the lawsuit claims the engine "contained serious latent design, manufacturing, or assembly defects." Those defects, the suit claims, cause the vehicle to shake, misfire and lose power quickly.

Two of the plaintiffs, a married couple, own a 2010 Ford Taurus SHO, and allege they experienced a loss of power and stalling, while the third, an F-150 owner, claims he lost power while accelerating. In addition to the Taurus SHO and F-150, the 3.5-liter V6 EcoBoost engine is also available in the Ford Flex, Explorer Sport and Lincoln MKT and MKS. Other three- and four-cylinder EcoBoost engines are not included in the suit. There have been no recalls associated with 3.5-liter V6 engine, and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is currently not investigating the matter.

The plaintiffs, however, claim Ford has known about the problem, citing several technical service bulletins issued to dealers of the F-150 that suggest possible fixes. Ford had no comment for Automotive News, saying that it's yet to review the lawsuit, which was filed last Friday in Columbus, OH.
What a news for Ford Motors with new launches in India and a law suit of such and the media will kill the sales of the company till Ford replies to these with proper answers and solves the engine issue, if any.

Cheers,
Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks