Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP View Post
I posted pics of spec sheets of some vehicles.
First off, wonderful pics SAP. Looks like you enjoyed thoroughly. Nice of you to put up the spec sheets and the pics.

Nice interior pic of the rally subaru.
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:14   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Genesis looks wicked, huh. I bet it was even more impressive in person. While Hyundai is climbing upward, it seems to be the other way around for Jaguar. The XF looks like the most non-Jag Jaguar I've seen in the last decade. Slum times for Detroit...I bet the motor show spirit was a li'l subdued?

Thanks for sharing the stunning pictures.
Old 23rd March 2009, 16:25   #18
BHPian

good pics, mate. enjoyed them.
love the white jag xf and the black c63 amg, it looks insane.
EDIT:no Italian exotics in the auto show??

Last edited by ishotmydog : 23rd March 2009 at 16:27.
Old 23rd March 2009, 17:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Awesome pics dude.Must admire your patience to take so many photos from all angles.
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Great pics sAP.
I was for a while admiring the RX-8 , it being my favorite in NFS. Kudos to your effort on organizing and posting these pics for us!
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:17   #21
BHPian

Thanks for Posting the pics in such vivid detail. Awesome!!
Old 24th March 2009, 04:16   #22
sAP
BHPian

Its great to know you love the pictures.

Well this year was unlike what you think, a little less involving I would say. Simply because I did not get the chance to sink into each car; engage in conversation with the assets that were promoting the car (*wink*); or get the personal touch and feel experience. My focus was entirely on bringing back something to my community -- you guys out there back in team-bhp who I know would have loved to be here. (For all you know, I might go back another day before it ends and indulge myself) But this one's just for you. And far more satisfying that just being there.

Now, let me try and answer some of the questions some of you had:

Unfortunately I do not have any Toyota pics. The only one I have of Toyota is that of the TRD (Toyota Racing Development) stock/nascar driven by Brian Vickers at the Nascar Sprint cup series. Underneath its a Camry Racing V8, 850 hp, carburetor engine with a 4-speed manual. I know this isn't quite going to satisfy in what you were looking for, but this is all I have (See below).

Mitsubishi did not have a display this year. I would have loved to capture the new EVO. They were here last year though.

No italian exotics, either. There was a Chrysler concept, but just a piece without a reputation or lineage.

Many exotics do not make it to the MN auto show probably because this is a near 6-month winter/snow state. Mainstream Porsche and exotic buyers are few since they have to garage it for nearly half a year. Porsche did have a display but I completely missed it on one of the far corners of the convention center (). I did test drive a 2007 911 last fall from the dealership and I can't say I was impressed. It was skittish and that rear end feels heavy unlike the well-balanced BMW 3-series or Infinity G35. For that matter the BMW 545i with the V8 feels front-end heavy too (and now there's the 550i). But I would have loved to capture the insane 911 GT2 and possibly the Panamera if they were there.

Anybody want to have a look at the Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo? Its a puny little average looking car that was recorded eating the EVO MR, the ISF (Lexus), the Lotus Elise, the STI, the VW R32 and the G37 for breakfast at the Virginia International Raceway (a 4.2 mile road course) last year. The last pic in yellow. D-uh! (I can post laptimes if you like).

Keep posting your feedback or questions. I'll answer them as much as I can. Pls. excuse if I miss any.

Have fun.
sAP
Attached Thumbnails
2009 Auto Show - Minneapolis-toyotanascar1.jpg  

2009 Auto Show - Minneapolis-toyotanascar2.jpg  

2009 Auto Show - Minneapolis-toyotanascar3.jpg  

2009 Auto Show - Minneapolis-toyotanascar4.jpg  

2009 Auto Show - Minneapolis-chevycobaltss.jpg  

Old 24th March 2009, 04:37   #23
sAP
BHPian

Sorry the pics in my last post aren't in the right order.
Old 24th March 2009, 10:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry the pics in my last post aren't in the right order.
Thanks for the pictures, ordering doesn't matter.

Surprised to see only one car from Toyota.
Old 24th March 2009, 10:58   #25
HPP
BHPian

I thought I was seeing things when I saw the thread title! Who would have thought a Minneapolis Auto Show thread on T-BHP. I'll be going to the show in the next couple days, thanks for the preview.

BTW, there are tons of exotics in MN. Generally it's a 8 month season for nice cars here(Dec-March are out).

If you want to see some, come to the Cars and Coffee events starting April 3. You'll be shocked how many exotics we have.
Old 24th March 2009, 13:37   #26
sAP
BHPian

I frankly haven't seen any exotics here in the past 14 months. A 2-day trip to Houston and I saw a lot of action there. Anyway, its good to know they aren't extinct here . Can you post (or PM) the address of the event you're talking about? There certainly aren't any at the Auto show.

sAP
Old 24th March 2009, 14:10   #27
sAP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Thanks for the pictures, ordering doesn't matter. Surprised to see only one car from Toyota.
Toyota was there with their full lineup, just that I don't have any pictures of them. Neither do I have any of Honda, Lincoln/ Mercury, GMC, Pontiac, Chrysler, Saturn, Saab or VW -- which were present as well.
Old 24th March 2009, 19:13   #28
BHPian

dam, how does the driver sit in such a cramped cockpit driving at insane speeds for a long time
Old 26th March 2009, 03:41   #29
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
I frankly haven't seen any exotics here in the past 14 months. A 2-day trip to Houston and I saw a lot of action there. Anyway, its good to know they aren't extinct here . Can you post (or PM) the address of the event you're talking about? There certainly aren't any at the Auto show.

sAP
I have lived here my whole life, believe me, we have a large amount of exotics in this city. Come to cars and coffee and you'll get a small taste of what we have. Every month there are different cars, so most of us make sure to keep going. The first month may be a little slow because it may still be chilly, but I'm sure people will be antsy to get their cars out, so you never know what will show up.

It is the first Saturday of every month, rain or shine, at this location:

AutoMotorPlex - MPLS

Also, you may like some of the cars I have in my shop, if you want to stop by let me know(shop is in Blaine).

Regards,
Momin

Last edited by HPP : 26th March 2009 at 03:43.
Old 4th April 2009, 23:09   #30
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Genesis looks wicked, huh. I bet it was even more impressive in person. While Hyundai is climbing upward, it seems to be the other way around for Jaguar. The XF looks like the most non-Jag Jaguar I've seen in the last decade. Slum times for Detroit...I bet the motor show spirit was a li'l subdued?

Thanks for sharing the stunning pictures.
I have been driving the Coupe and the Sedan the last couple day.. Very very nice cars.

Quote:

sAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
I have lived here my whole life, believe me, we have a large amount of exotics in this city. Come to cars and coffee and you'll get a small taste of what we have. Every month there are different cars, so most of us make sure to keep going. The first month may be a little slow because it may still be chilly, but I'm sure people will be antsy to get their cars out, so you never know what will show up.

It is the first Saturday of every month, rain or shine, at this location:

AutoMotorPlex - MPLS

Also, you may like some of the cars I have in my shop, if you want to stop by let me know(shop is in Blaine).

Regards,
Momin
Not sure if you made it out today sAP, but it was a great showing. Much better then expected considering the temps and it's the first event of the season. Bunch of Ferrari's(probably 10+?), probably 4 R8's, Ford GT's, Nissan GTR, Turbo NSX, Tons of Porsches(but the best were the Ruf CTR 2 and the Strosek widebody), and tons and tons of other nice cars(probably 150+? high end cars, and 150+? spectator cars).

Next month should be even better.

Momin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks