Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:32   #1
BHPian

Škoda Auto Reveals New Faces Of Octavia Rs And Octavia Scout

This is from a Press Release from ŠKODA AUTO
21 April, 2009
ŠKODA AUTO REVEALS NEW FACES OF OCTAVIA RS AND OCTAVIA SCOUT
Škoda Auto presents facelifted versions of the Octavia RS and the Octavia Scout. After the modernised Octavia launched late last year, the sports-tuned Octavia RS and the Octavia Scout have now been facelifted as well. Besides numerous design changes, both cars offer new technological solutions including, for example, an air quality sensor for the Climatronic air conditioning system and a new illumination system.

The facelifted Octavia RS has a redesigned front mask with an RS logo and bold headlamps that, for the first time in the RS version, can be fitted with xenon units combined with an adaptive front lighting module. Besides a wider and bolder induction aperture, the car's innovated bumper boasts a further two innovations: fog lamps with the Corner function and LED lamps for daytime lighting. The covers of integrated tailgate lamps have been redesigned to look more attractive, other innovations include, for example, a new metallic paint (Anthracite) and 18“ Neptune wheels. The sports-tuned chassis has been lowered to 127 mm, the car's weight reduced by 20 kg in the petrol version and 15 kg in the diesel one. Significantly reduced air resistance has a positive impact upon the car's overall performance. The maximum speed is higher, and the car's responsiveness and acceleration have also been improved.

Complying with the EU 5 standard, the engines fitted to the Octavia RS include a 2.0 TSI/147 kW petrol unit with a consumption of 7.5 l/100 km and reduced CO2 emissions (175 g /km) and a 2.0 TDI CR/125 kW diesel engine (5.7l/100 km and 150 g/km, respectively). Both engines come exclusively with a six-speed manual twin-clutch DSG transmission.

The Octavia RS has been bought by over sixty thousand drivers since 2000 (of which 70 % in the estate (Combi) version).

The Scout line has built a steady position in Škoda's model portfolio. Bigger than the Roomster Scout and the Fabia Scout, the Octavia Scout is the flagship of this model line. The new vehicle has been facelifted to toe the line with the other models of the Octavia portfolio, including a redesigned radiator mask and bold headlamps. Fitted with fog lights with the Corner function, the massive front bumper underlines the vehicle's off-road appearance. Bold protective body elements are in harmony with a new metallic paint (Rosso Brunello).

With 179 mm of clear height and efficient chassis protection, the car is well geared for off-road driving. The all-wheel drive system includes the fourth-generation Haldex clutch able to transfer as much as 85 % of the torque to a single wheel. Two powerful engines - petrol 1.8 TSI/118 kW (EU 5) and diesel 2.0 TDI PD DPF/103 kW (EU 4) - combined with a six-speed mechanical transmission provide satisfactory performance levels.

The Octavia Scout has been bought by over 22 thousand customers so far.

Last edited by madhokritesh : 22nd April 2009 at 16:49.
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:43   #2
BHPian

where is this info from?
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:46   #3
BHPian

This has been reveal for the global customers. I think the fascelifted laura (facelifted Octavia elsewhere in thw world) would be available in India only around June-July time frame. And I do not think Skoda would be planning to bring either vRS or Scout in India.

PS: I think madhokritesh got this info from the worldwide website of Skoda.
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:20   #4
BHPian

Yes true, the new octavia is the laura and its petrol vRS or the scout will not be coming to india, skoda is not interested in petrol versions as their petrols dont sell much.
Old 22nd April 2009, 21:45   #5
BHPian

The Skodas

Here are what they look like.
Attached Thumbnails
Škoda Auto Reveals New Faces Of Octavia Rs And Octavia Scout-ocrs_1528.jpg  

Škoda Auto Reveals New Faces Of Octavia Rs And Octavia Scout-occs_0026.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2009, 12:30   #6
BHPian

The Yellow vRS looks awesome
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Yes true, the new octavia is the laura and its petrol vRS or the scout will not be coming to india, skoda is not interested in petrol versions as their petrols dont sell much.
Then they should give people what they want,the diesel vrs
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

This is going to be the new Face-lift Laura.

Not sure if the vRS is coming in. But the new Laura will have a killer 1.8 TSi engine, the same one which is there in the superb.

With lesser weight and a manual transmission, this is goign to be the next big thing in that segment.

cheers,
ac
Old 23rd April 2009, 19:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hey! they should plonk a diesel into the Scout and get it to our shores.It might do well..
Old 24th April 2009, 09:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
This is going to be the new Face-lift Laura.

Not sure if the vRS is coming in. But the new Laura will have a killer 1.8 TSi engine, the same one which is there in the superb.

With lesser weight and a manual transmission, this is goign to be the next big thing in that segment.

cheers,
ac
Well there are plans of 1.8TFSI Laura but don't think it would be a manual. They would probably bring this with the 7DSG gearbox. If so, Don't think that gearbox can take anything more than a remap at the max due to it's limitation to handle the increased torque.

But would love to see the 2.0TFSI engine in laura. As it's already doing the job in the Audi A4 i guess. Shouldn't be a problem with that. That's one hell of a engine. All I want is a 4 wheel drive 2.0TFSI Laura. That's gonna a wolf in sheep clothes. One to fall for.

Last edited by Invinsible : 24th April 2009 at 09:24.
Old 24th April 2009, 12:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
But would love to see the 2.0TFSI engine in laura. As it's already doing the job in the Audi A4 i guess. Shouldn't be a problem with that. That's one hell of a engine. All I want is a 4 wheel drive 2.0TFSI Laura. That's gonna a wolf in sheep clothes. One to fall for.
hmmm completely with you. But they are getting a 2 litre PD... an basic upgrade over the 1.9 PD.

4 wheel drive i think they are reserving specially for the 3.6 Superb.

cheers,
AC
Old 24th April 2009, 13:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

VW has done awy with noisy PDs in their line-up.I think Skoda should put a straightforward 2.0 CRDi in the Scout and get it to India..and get the pricing right.Or it might meet the same fate of the Forester..
Old 29th April 2009, 16:05   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Well there are plans of 1.8TFSI Laura but don't think it would be a manual. They would probably bring this with the 7DSG gearbox. If so, Don't think that gearbox can take anything more than a remap at the max due to it's limitation to handle the increased torque.
Dont know about the new 7 speed DSG - the 7th gear has a high ratio from what I hear...
the current DSG should be able to handle 350nm of torque quite easily -
VW rates them @320nm but I am sure they keep a safe large margin....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
VW has done awy with noisy PDs in their line-up.I think Skoda should put a straightforward 2.0 CRDi in the Scout and get it to India..and get the pricing right.Or it might meet the same fate of the Forester..
quite unlikely ... they didn't do the same for the Superb did they?

And the Passat just moved to CRDi to make way for the engine to be handed"down" to the superb.

Last edited by babhishek : 29th April 2009 at 16:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks