Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2009, 19:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Competing Cars 0-100mph-0 Time (seconds)

A1 GP 8.40

Bugatti Veyron 9.90

Suzuki GSX-R1000 10.70

Ariel Atom S’Charged 11.00

Ariel Atom 450 11.05

Atom Private Owned 11.05

Caterham CSR260 11.95

Brooke Double R 12.50

Porsche 911 Turbo 12.50

Ford Focus WRC 13.57

Lambo Gallardo 13.65

Ascari KZ1 13.80

Corvette Z06 13.80

Alpina B6 14.80

BMW M6 14.95

TVR Tuscan 2 15.00

BMW M5 15.20

Audi RS4 15.80

Aston V8 Vantage 15.81

BMW Z4M Roadster 15.95

Porsche Cayman S 16.46

Lotus Exige S 16.60

Nissan 350Z 18.80

Vauxhall Astra Sprint 18.85

Vauxhall Astra VXR 19.05

Renault Megane F1 20.55

Mazda 6MPS 21.00

Ford Focus ST 21.35

Vauxhall Vectra VXR 22.35

Vauxhall Astra Thurlby 22.65

Source - Bugatti Veyron 0-60 2.8 Seconds 0-100 5.5 Seconds 0-100-0 9.9 Seconds < Chris Abraham

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 9th May 2009 at 19:10.
Old 10th May 2009, 16:50   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoloseven View Post
However, I think "off the line" launch is a little slow for the price. I believe this is due to the high count of cylinders taking time to build up inertia on the crank and the heavy weight of the vehicle. Launch control can be used to harness the power and help improve launch times, but even this is not enough to out launch most performance cars. ....
Skoloseven,

I disagree here. IMO The bugatti has a great launch, given the AWD and the fact that it isn't the lightest car. 0-100kmph in ~2.5 seconds would just not be possible if the launch wasn't impressive.

Also, regarding the heavy weight of the crank, i think that it probably is more of an advantage than a disadvantage for the launch, since its not like the car has to build up revvs from idle when launching.

I'm trying to find a video i had seen a while ago showing the veyron launching, but i cant seem to find it. Will have to settle for this one at the moment!

cya
R
Old 10th May 2009, 19:03   #18
BHPian

Here's one more,

Veyron vs a pretty old Porche (Dunno what model)......

Old 10th May 2009, 19:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Bugatti has just announce four special edition Veyrons to mark their centinary.

With each being a one-off, these super Bugs are set to be worth quite a bit more than your bog-standard, off-the-shelf Veyron.
The latest models are reminders of Bugatti's dominant motor-racing history, which owes a lot to one special racing car: the Type 35 Grand Prix.

Current Bugattis already feature styling cues taken from the Type 35, such as the eight-spoke aluminium wheels and distinctive chopped-oval radiator grille. These Bugatti Veyron Specials come in traditional national racing colours - blue for France, red for Italy, green for England and white for Germany.

Each car is named after a Bugatti racecar driver of the Twenties and Thirties: Jean-Pierre Wimille gives the blue Veyron his name, Achille Varzi, the red one, Malcolm Campbell, the green one and Hermann Zu Leiningen, the white Veyron.

The next celebratory event for Bugatti will be at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in California, in August, followed by the main event in Molsheim, France, this September.

With a new Bug rumoured to be on the way, these are probably the last Veyron spin offs.

Details courtsey Gulfnews: Wheels
Attached Thumbnails
Bugatti Veyron vs various opponents-07_wh_bugatti_puff_4.jpg  

Old 10th May 2009, 21:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Tiff Needell tests and powerslides Veyron.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 10th May 2009 at 21:54.
Old 11th May 2009, 04:21   #21
BHPian

Those are some very good videos Rehaan, Funkydevil, and Shan2u. This thread is full of Bugatti information, and is turning out very well. I was happy to view the fifth gear Bugatti review. The Bugatti Veyron is very capable vehicle and the electronic features and options are amazing. I like the option of "high speed key" for the Bugatti Veyron. I do not like the fact it "beams back" as they say, information about your driving to the company. I'd rather not have people knowing how fast I drive lol.

Regarding the launch, that video posted above is amazing. Finally a good video with a good driver launching the Veyron. Too many of them aren't launched correctly. Take for example the BMW m3 vs Veyron video, the BMW out launches the Bugatti. Not driven correctly. The supplied launch footage above; driven correctly.

I really like the buyers experience of purchasing a Bugatti Veyron. Has anyone here been to the Bugatti village and purchased one in person? That would be an amazing time.

I'm still looking for an Impreza or EVO VS Bugatti Veyron but can't find it.
Old 11th May 2009, 11:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm still looking for an Impreza or EVO VS Bugatti Veyron but can't find it.
Stock vs stock, theres no competition at all. By the time the EVO/Imprezza reach 100mph, the Veyron would have done a 0-100-0.

Shan2nu
Old 12th May 2009, 06:27   #23
BHPian

Yes I fully agree, the stock versions of Impreza STi and Lancer EVO are extremely tame when compared to fully modified. It's going to be tough to find a film of a fully modified Impreza WRX STi vs Veyron. I would like to see the Crawford Performance vehicle run against the Bugatti Veyron. These types of Imprezas have upwards of 600 awhp and if properly driven might out launch the Veyron. It's a stretch, but I think with a proper setup it's possible. On the track, I'm pretty sure their driver and track car would do well against the Veyron.

This would be an interesting video! So far we've seen the Veyron vs sports cars, even modified ones. But what about JDM track machines such as Impreza and Lancer.Don't forget Wangan top speed monsters like the Toyota Supra, such as the green beast. The Bugatti has dominated many, but there is still plenty of competition left. I am very excited for future Bugatti footage!

The green beast is awesome, check it out racing the Lamborghini Gallardo below:
Old 12th May 2009, 17:23   #24
BHPian

We must remember traction off the line. Those monsters from Crawford will wheelspin away to glory while the Veyron just hunches down and digs deep before REALLY taking off. Sophisticated launch control plays a vital role unless supreme God like (read ken block) control can launch the Crawford STi without wasting too much time & rubber. The Veyron is an engineering feat and has no parallel, nothing else in the world so far can take your breath away while your co passenger sits unruffled with a platter of Beluga Caviar. Sure you have the SSC and the Moslers baying for Veyron blood, but those are veritable "buckets of bolts" with regard to finnesse and poise compared to the veyron.

In short, You can take the veyron to the track, smoke most cars if not all, take it to a party afterwards and score the platinum blonde in the HLBD.
On the other hand, you can drive an SSC/Crawford/Mosler/Green Beast look cool at the track, gain 0.001 seconds on the veyron, meet an ortho as your bum crack might have widened with that ride, reach the party and possibly score the cocktail waitress
Old 12th May 2009, 17:47   #25
Senior - BHPian

Well, there are many drag spec cars that will desimate the Veyron, but they are usually designed to perform on a drag strip.

The Veyron's party piece is its ability to carry on accelelrating effortlesly and cruise at seriously high speeds all day long.

As fast as it is, i doubt the Veyron is something you'd enjoy driving. I'd go with the hardcore stripped out light weights for that.

Shan2nu
Old 12th May 2009, 18:37   #26
BHPian

Precisely. It would get insipid after a while, but i think it would be safe to summarise it as a "fatigue free missile to score chicks in" lol

Obviously as a track tool its shadowed, BUT it can pull the occasional seriously fast lap time once in a way.

Personally (if i had the $) the GT3RS or an Ariel Atom for the corner carving. Sheer bliss.
Old 13th May 2009, 13:02   #27
BHPian

It sounds like so far no competition can come close to the Veyron in overall appeal, but it can be beaten in top speed. For instance, the Mosler Land Shark that is capable of 375+ mph with a chassis that's stable beyond 400 mph. It is not luxury by any means, but if it's all out performance you want the Mosler has it.

Article: 375+ mph supercar Mosler MT900 GTR XX Twin Turbo Land Shark

I want to see the Bugatti Veyron race the Mosler Land Shark on a track, dragstrip, and top speed run with 2+ mile air strip. I want to see launch comparison, lateral G comparison, and complete performance breakdown. This would be the ultimate in Bugatti Veyron vs various competitor!
Old 10th August 2009, 14:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Drag simulation done using acc data from actual cars.

Veyron playing around with a Nissan R35

Veyron vs mclaren F1 (which hammond made a mess of - as usual)

Shan2nu
Old 10th August 2009, 17:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

I thought the Veyron beats the F1 off the blocks because of its AWD? Or was Hammond not using launch control?
Old 10th August 2009, 17:18   #30
BHPian

SSC Ultimate Aero TT (Shelby Super Cars Twin Turbo) broke Veyron's record long time ago (2007 actually). this machine touched 412 Kph approximately and was stable like an egyptian eagle even at those speeds. Its a 2-seater with butterfly doors and RWD.
I am not sure if this has been broken by any other "production car" so far. But yeah, Drag machines may have touched something more than this, Updates on this most welcome.

Most Viewed