Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 14:15   #1
BHPian

2010 Return of Toyota Supra

Return of the Toyota Supra is expected to be a surprise launch as there is no official data yet. There is speculation of surprise launch by the JDM community. Some think that the new FT-HS by Toyota is replacement of the Supra. This is an incorrect statement according to recent JDM magazine articles showing illustrations of the 2010 Toyota Supra as a separate model than the FT-HS. The return of Toyota Supra is coming back for 2010, but most people don't know it yet! Supra-Suprise! But when will it show up?

Article: 2010 Toyota Supra

What are your thoughts? Is this bogus or is it possible?
Old 12th May 2009, 15:51   #2
D-Man

Could possibly be the same as to what they did with Celica. Some say Scion TC is the new Celica. I would like to dream Toyota is not done with Supra & Celica.
Supra 2010 could be true since Nissan got the Skyline out. Hideous stuff.

Old 13th May 2009, 12:53   #3
BHPian

That's right, Nissan and Toyota are typically head to head with competition. I wouldn't be surpa-ized to see a Supa dropped out of Skyline spite. The Nissan Skyline GT-R stock ran a seven minute lap time at Nurburgring, check it out here. I think with proper mods, both the Skyline and Supra would be an awesome battle of Asian supercars. The Supra has such a rich history of winning races and so does the Skyline, it's going to be an interesting time to come.

I know the new one is supposed to come with automated folding roof, but I'd like to see a pure coupe with a solid roof. To me, the car feels like it would handle better with the standard roof. Hopefully they option it!

Do you think this Supra rumor is worth while or just a JDM magazine's attempt at press release sensationalism?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks