Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2004, 15:36   #1
Team-BHP Support

300 hp
V6 iVtec
All wheel drive

The RL showcases an assortment of Acura firsts including the Super Handling All-Wheel Drive System (SH-AWD), the first and only all-wheel drive platform that distributes the optimum amount of torque not only between the front and rear wheels but also between the left and right rear wheels for breathtaking handling and optimum stability on all road surfaces.

The RL's 3.5-liter, 24-valve, all-aluminum VTEC engine is the most powerful engine ever in an Acura, generating 300 hp at 6200 rpm and 260 lb-ft of torque at 5,000 rpm. A 5-speed Sequential SportShift automatic transmission enables gears to be shifted using a shift lever on the center console or paddle-shifters located on the steering wheel.

Read more about it here!

I simply love this car....

Please Honda....launch this in India....I'm on my knees here!

Rt

Old 4th September 2004, 17:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wow, a 3.5 ltr engine. That has to be the biggest Honda/Acura engine in production.

300 bhp for an Acura is really good. AWD is an added advantage in bad weather.

the interiors are wonderful but there is something about it thats bugging me. It could be that the wood finish and the sliver centre console don't go hand in hand. That could have been much better.

A dual colour interior like the NHC pic below would have looked more elegant...........

The big round knob on it could have been a bit more towards the righ hand side, afterall the driver need not use it as he has all the controls on the streering, so why not give the passenger a break.

Dials look inviting with those blue lights, the NHC has a very similar "dial" arrangement doesn't it??

Regards...
Shan2nu

Old 4th September 2004, 17:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Great looking car there! The instrument cluster in blue lights is too VolksWagenish though.
Old 4th September 2004, 18:22   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Sep. 04 2004,16:18)]The big round knob on it could have been a bit more towards the righ hand side, afterall the driver need not use it as he has all the controls on the streering, so why not give the passenger a break.
Hey Shan2nu,

Dont forget-

Acura = (mostly) America = most of the time the driver is the only person in the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]the interiors are wonderful but there is something about it thats bugging me. It could be that the wood finish and the sliver centre console don't go hand in hand. That could have been much better.
I dont mind the interiors in the RL, however i agree that wood is just not the right stuff to have in a car IMO.... wood and cars...no....they dont go together in my opinion!!

cya
R
Old 4th September 2004, 20:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

I feel the RL interiors a bit too bland for me so, here's my version. This is how i'd like to have it. And remember that wood finish Rehaan, i've made it brownish-black, such that the silver console doesn't look out of place.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Old 4th September 2004, 20:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

Shan2nu i definately like ur version better.The interiors look good.Somehow i guess the wooden finish on the previous version was a little out of place.
Fantastic car nevertheless.
Old 4th September 2004, 21:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Like your work Shan2nu.....it certainly looks much better than the original version. Love the car too!!
Old 4th September 2004, 21:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

The car looks wonderful.
Old 4th September 2004, 23:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Shan2nu i definately like ur version better.The interiors look good.Somehow i guess the wooden finish on the previous version was a little out of place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Like your work Shan2nu.....it certainly looks much better than the original version. Love the car too!!
Thanx guy. The moment i saw the pic i knew, this is not the way to go. I think they should give customers 4-5 different variants of interior colours. It's too bland and plasticy for an "Acura". Acura's are supposed to be the stylish siblings of Honda and there's no way people are gonna pay for this.

Using a different name/logo wont make a car classy, it takes much more than that.........

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 5th September 2004, 03:06   #10
Team-BHP Support

Shan2nu !!

Getting rid of that wood and making it some kind of shiny black material really made a difference....... car companies need to start innovating more and not just doing the same thing over and over again. Look at the amount of new materials they have to choose from, and still...they choose wood...jeez!
Things sure are gonna change soon though.....

cya
R
Old 5th September 2004, 10:26   #11
Team-BHP Support

This is one of the better looking Honda / Acura sedans that I've seen. 3L V6 with 300bhp is tempting. The Japs have never been known to make attractive interiors. Everything is the usual dull grey, which, just dosen't suit a high end model like this one. Functionality is the buzzword here. Maybe Honda should employ our old friend, Shantanu for some flair. Good job buddy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks