Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2009, 13:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

BMW M Concept Envisions Audi R8 Rival

Artist's rendering of a BMW M competitor to the Audi R8 is bold...and completely speculative

A '3D automotive artist' has rendered his own imagining of what a BMW M competitor to the Audi R8 would look like. Of course, this is an entirely speculative rendering that has nothing to do with BMW itself.

The artist is Idries Noah, formerly employed by GM Holden's design team in Australia. Noah says he grew tired of waiting for BMW to develop a competing model to the R8 and so came up with one his own.

His main influence, other than the R8, he says came from water. According to Noah, design details were "inspired by what's called in surfing terms 'a Barrel or Tube'. It's where the wave is hollow when it breaks." This concept of rushing water is evident in the curves that round over the wheels and the styling cues on the doors which flow into the side air intakes. Those intakes sitting boldly on the protruding rear wheelbase.

Noah writes that the design for such a model has to be "Aggressive, Sleek, Agile and totally different from anything on the road today." Consistency with BMW's design paradigm is maintained by the "the trademark grille and hockey stick pillar."

Under the hood Noah envisions an amped-up version of the 5.0 liter V10 currently found in the M6.

Source: seriouswheels
Attached Thumbnails
BMW M Concept Envisions Audi R8 Rival-2026263.jpg  

BMW M Concept Envisions Audi R8 Rival-8910856.jpg  

Last edited by hanmust : 18th June 2009 at 13:24.
Old 18th June 2009, 13:56   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

This has potential. But not as good as I would have hoped.

Why dont they just make the M1 as shown in the M1 homage concept and plonk the M6's engine in it?
Old 18th June 2009, 14:31   #3
BHPian

Holy moly, this is just so damn beautiful. The curves on this things is so damn sensuous man. I just hope it becomes a reality, it will defenitely leave the R8 far behind in the looks department.
Old 18th June 2009, 14:35   #4
BHPian

I'll tell you what my problem with this design is.. It looks like a ferrari except for the M/propeller badges and the kidney grille up front.
This car could have been a mosler, a zonda, a koenigsegg..anything but a BMW since it lacks the typical german angluar designs, as exhibited in the M1 ( mentioned by Nikhil above)
Old 18th June 2009, 14:59   #5
BHPian

My god thats one gorgeous looking car! Look at the wheels, the exhaust, the roof, its like carved out of a single carbon fiber sheet, folded and molded into these beast ready to pounce!
Its surely an R8 killer. Given the right amount of power it can mark itself in car lovers list on the top notch.
But it's an artist design, don't expect this to be in production.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks