Team-BHP - Which do you rate the best?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Which do you rate the best? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/629-do-you-rate-best-2.html)

It's a no brainer for me. The Porsche Carrera GT it is. Let me explain why. Maybe 'ole Ported has told the same story too many times. But here it is, one more time.
The CGT does it all, beautiful looks, can't say the same about the Enzo, aerodynamic, F1 inspired et all. But the CGT does all that very well, and looks good at the same time. Hell, it even laps faster than the Enzo, though it's down on power. The Enzo does beat it in the 0-60 and top speed, but remember the production version of the CGT runs a high downforce setup. A prototype is rumoured to have touched 218 mph. Not bad at all i say.IMO, PAG have struck the perfect balance between on road performance and track performance, adequate power and striking looks. Though it might not be as exclusive as an Enzo, but it means i have 1100 more chances of geeting my hands on a CGT. The SLR is a great GT, but then so is the SL65 and the CL65. A superior car no doubt, but if it would perform as well as the other two on track, i might have considered it.
As a matter of choice:
1). CGT
2). Enzo
3). SLR (not sure yet)

CGT. Read Porsche 1947-1987 and then read the foreword by Ferry Porsche. It makes you wanna buy the Porsche every single day of your life.

Revv

Mmmmm.....tough decision.
But i guess i'll go with the Enzo, espically after seeing "CARS" on the discovery channel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Somehow i dont like the SLR for the simple reasons that its a V8. For any car to be a Supercar or to compete with a Supercar , it should have a minimum of 10 cylinders. Otherwise its not a supercar (according to me ):p

hey v12!
waddya think bout the jag xj220?

Autocarindia and Overdrive, both have a comparo between the 300 kph club. Its between the Enzo, CGT and the SLR.

Enzo wins both of them.

GTO

Well,i would go for the SLR anyday.Thats one car i loved since a long time.I`m willing to give up the Enzo for that.(after a lot of thinking).

I was just thinking, how come nobody talk about the Ford GT. That car is simply amazing! You get the same or better performance in a car that costs much less! Only problem is that saying "I HAVE A FORD" does not really have the same effect on people that saying "I HAVE A FERRARI"!!

Rt

Wierd, the SLR has actually overtaken the Enzo & CGT!!!!! As for personal preference, it has to be the CGT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Sep. 16 2004,16:07)]I was just thinking, how come nobody talk about the Ford GT. That car is simply amazing! You get the same or better performance in a car that costs much less! Only problem is that saying "I HAVE A FORD" does not really have the same effect on people that saying "I HAVE A FERRARI"!!

Rt

We are also missing out the McLaren F1!!!!!!!

I think , the SLR and the Porsche are more practical cars than the Enzo ,
and for some decimal point difference in 0-100 timing 2000000$ is just too much.

I know ppl buying these cars dont have money as consideration , but still.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GrimReaper @ Sep. 16 2004,18:37)]Wierd, the SLR has actually overtaken the Enzo & CGT!!!!!

We shouldn't forget that the Mercedes SLR is a great car in its own right. It's as quick as the others, decent looking, superbly equipped, comfortable and relatively easy to drive.